•  Previous
  • 12(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin coaching search
The Outsider Wrote:Next week. Here's the breakdown, sorry I better not give any names.

1. 2 current asst coaches at corbin
2. 3 current ky high school head coaches
3. 1 asst at another school
4. 2 others that either dont coach high school or not in ky

There are a lot of interesting possibilities that come to mind looking at this list
why not name names. Is it not public record when they get an interview?
I Rule The World Wrote:why not name names. Is it not public record when they get an interview?

Don't know if it is or not but I guess we will find out soon enough. With that many candidates I am guessing they will have two rounds of interviews and hire someone but I may be wrong.
The Outsider Wrote:Next week. Here's the breakdown, sorry I better not give any names.

1. 2 current asst coaches at corbin
2. 3 current ky high school head coaches
3. 1 asst at another school
4. 2 others that either dont coach high school or not in ky

I'm not so sure if this is true. I heard from a very good source in the school office it is down to three and a decision will be announced May 1st. They wouldn't share names but expect a shocker from outside.
oldhound70s Wrote:I'm not so sure if this is true. I heard from a very good source in the school office it is down to three and a decision will be announced May 1st. They wouldn't share names but expect a shocker from outside.

Also keep in mind that the job is still posted. I think it comes down sometime next week. Can't wait to see what happens.
oldhound70s Wrote:I'm not so sure if this is true. I heard from a very good source in the school office it is down to three and a decision will be announced May 1st. They wouldn't share names but expect a shocker from outside.

Why wait until May 1st if you are only down to three candidates? This late in the game anyway that just doesn't make sense.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:Why wait until May 1st if you are only down to three candidates? This late in the game anyway that just doesn't make sense.

Just saying what I heard. I don't think the job even comes down from posting until the 17th. Corbin is on spring break this week.
oldhound70s Wrote:Just saying what I heard. I don't think the job even comes down from posting until the 17th. Corbin is on spring break this week.

That's a good point about Spring Break. It can really stretch things out in the process of hiring coaches.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:That's a good point about Spring Break. It can really stretch things out in the process of hiring coaches.

It can if most of the committee is out of town.
oldhound70s Wrote:It can if most of the committee is out of town.

And you run into scenarios where the committee is out of town this week and candidate A has Spring break at another school next week and can't interview so you lose two weeks. Can be a headache this time of year for sure.
Conducting interviews on Monday !!
5 will be interviewed!
1. Greg Duncum
2. Jody Mouser
3. Clark Teague
4. ? ( head coach at school close to Corbin )
5. ? ( head coach at another school)
redstorm Wrote:Conducting interviews on Monday !!
5 will be interviewed!
1. Greg Duncum
2. Jody Mouser
3. Clark Teague

If true I'm going with #5 to win
If number 4 is who I heard it is. The board will heat up for the Summer.
I want to guess #5 perry central
I want to guess #4 Knox central
:Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead
#4 wrong
North of Corbin
redstorm Wrote:#4 wrong
North of Corbin

:dontthink. Redstorm
No way, don't think my truck driving experience will help me land the job!
redstorm Wrote:Conducting interviews on Monday !!
5 will be interviewed!
1. Greg Duncum
2. Jody Mouser
3. Clark Teague

Are you sure that one of the candidates didn't resign his high school job sometime after last season?
redstorm Wrote:#4 wrong
North of Corbin

So he had #5 correct and Haddix will be applying for the Corbin job?

You say number 4 is a coach at another school close to Corbin, but north of it.
The only possible choice that could be within close proximity would be Larkey at North. No other school is North of the Corbin and yet still close. Since South just hired a coach that rules them out.

I see it coming down to Duncum or Mouser, whichever they choose.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:So he had #5 correct and Haddix will be applying for the Corbin job?

You say number 4 is a coach at another school close to Corbin, but north of it.
The only possible choice that could be within close proximity would be Larkey at North. No other school is North of the Corbin and yet still close. Since South just hired a coach that rules them out.

I see it coming down to Duncum or Mouser, whichever they choose.

Haddix or Paul Raines either one would be a great hire, the rest will just be mirrors of the past coach that would not be able to separate from the nipple. Corbin selection committee has a choice to make stay the course of Jewell or make a change to bring the Redounds back to prominence in Kentucky High school football.
Larkey is a name that has been mentioned,Tommy Reid has applied, Randy Frazier has applied . Josh Jagger's has show interest from Larue Co No Paul Rains has not applied!!
Haddix did NOT apply!
SEKYFAN Wrote:Are you sure that one of the candidates didn't resign his high school job sometime after last season?

Not for sure who you are talking about.. who?
I know Coach Teague stepped down as OC at Somerset some time after the season, but has not resigned his teaching job.
redstorm Wrote:Larkey is a name that has been mentioned,Tommy Reid has applied, Randy Frazier has applied . Josh Jagger's has show interest from Larue Co No Paul Rains has not applied!!
Haddix did NOT apply!

I have a feeling you hope haddix didn't apply redstorm Confusederiously:
Your wrong , 100% wrong.
Haddix would be a great hire, probably the up an coming coach in the state.
Justin can't afford to apply for the job and hurt his standing at PCC. Just my opinion!
redstorm Wrote:Your wrong , 100% wrong.
Haddix would be a great hire, probably the up an coming coach in the state.
Justin can't afford to apply for the job and hurt his standing at PCC. Just my opinion!

It want hurt Haddix standing at PCC. You just said it the up an coming coach in the state. :worthy:
How do you know that?
14 th region is very political and PCC fired a basketball coach last year after one season. ( k . Spur lock) he could coach and coach well!
A Superintedent finds out that his HC has applied for a job, that may not sit well with super.
redstorm Wrote:How do you know that?
14 th region is very political and PCC fired a basketball coach last year after one season. ( k . Spur lock) he could coach and coach well!
A Superintedent finds out that his HC has applied for a job, that may not sit well with super.

Hey to be honesty with you redstorm I think political will hire and inside job.
1. Mouser- political
2. Reid- political
3. Duncum- political
4. Haddix- no political ( Bingo if they hire him )

Superintendent would be firing asst coaching every year if this is true...Just saying :truestory:
Reid would not be a political hire. He's more of an outsider than let's say Clark Teague. He's familiar with a lot of people in Corbin where he lives here but he's not from the inside by any stretch. He's still who would be my #1 choice.

Paul Rains would be a good one as well. I personally would like to see Dale Mueller but who knows what kind of chance that would have.
Why Tommy Reid?
Don't know a lot about him !
  •  Previous
  • 12(current)
  • Next