•  Previous
  • 28(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is going to be the new coach at Whitley?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Just so you know, Whitley has been keeping pace with Corbin on testing scores.

Whitley, Wburg, and Corbin have the highest testing scores around this area.
The Knox County and Laurel County schools have been horrible lately.

I don't remember the exact numbers, but the last time the paper published them, Whitley was side by side with them.

smaller schools probably have a better teacher to student ratio.
Full deck Wrote:Funny, parents take their kids out of a very good academic school like Corbin so little Johnny can play football. Unless he is going pro you all had better keep him where he can get a good education. Not to say Whitley isn't a good academic school, but Corbin usually scores very good stateide in scores.
Dads, don't relive your childhood by hurting your kid. That's selfish.

I'm not positive on this but I was told the latest scores released had corbin high school ranked somewhere in the 70's with Whitley ranked much better. Corbin as a school district has better academics but the high school itself has been on a decline over several years. They need a good principal to get them back on track.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:You have to look at the whole site.
Ive had 64 stalking me since this thread opened with Dudley comments when ive never said anything about him coming or going.

Show me one post RunitUpTheGut making comments about Dudley.hell you are stalking me grammar masters....I will take my 5th amendment if you find one ..:phone::phone::phone::phone:
I have a feeling this hire is gonna cause a stir....
As far as test scores go, Whitley County High School was the only distinguished high school in the Tri-County area in the last round of testing. They were in the 90th percentile, while Corbin was in the 88th percentile. Williamsburg was a distant third. Corbin had a higher composite ACT score of 19.6 while Whiltey had a 18.9 and once again Williamsburg was a distant third with a 17.6.

That being said, I think the old argument about the academics at Whitley being sub par are a thing of the past, even Corbin Supt. Ed McNeil stated in the Corbin This Week rag that they needed to know what Whitley was doing to improve so dramaticly.

Now they are attempting to up grade their sports (see basketball B&G, baseball and volleyball) and football is the next sport in line for the major upgrade.

At Whitley is appears that the academics truly come first then the sports. Got to respect that.
Curly Wrote:As far as test scores go, Whitley County High School was the only distinguished high school in the Tri-County area in the last round of testing. They were in the 90th percentile, while Corbin was in the 88th percentile. Williamsburg was a distant third. Corbin had a higher composite ACT score of 19.6 while Whiltey had a 18.9 and once again Williamsburg was a distant third with a 17.6.

That being said, I think the old argument about the academics at Whitley being sub par are a thing of the past, even Corbin Supt. Ed McNeil stated in the Corbin This Week rag that they needed to know what Whitley was doing to improve so dramaticly.

Now they are attempting to up grade their sports (see basketball B&G, baseball and volleyball) and football is the next sport in line for the major upgrade.

At Whitley is appears that the academics truly come first then the sports. Got to respect that.

football will have a major upgrade with the right hire. don't expect another 1-10 seasonSmile
Whitley was not distinguished as Corbin was distinguished.
Corbin is by far a better academic school.
http://applications.education.ky.gov/SRC/Default.aspx

I would rather my kid go to Corbin as opposed to Whitley
Sports isn't everything, and Corbin has had more high profile players than Whitley every has.
Full deck Wrote:Whitley was not distinguished as Corbin was distinguished.

Sports isn't everything, and Corbin has had more high profile players than Whitley every has.

Then tell the times tribune and the news journal they were wrong as well.
Both of them had the info he mentioned.
Half of those high profile players came from whitley.
For your comment, shove corbin up your.....

Nobody cares.

Whitley/Distinguished/90th percentile.
http://applications.education.ky.gov/SRC/Profile.aspx

Corbin/Proficient/88th Percentile

This is using the website you provided
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Then tell the times tribune and the news journal they were wrong as well.
Both of them had the info he mentioned.
Half of those high profile players came from whitley.
For your comment, shove corbin up your.....

Nobody cares.

Whitley/Distinguished/90th percentile.

Corbin/Proficient/88th Percentile

This is using the website you provided

Don't get me wrong, I hate Corbin and everything they stand for, but their school is pretty good academically. I'm sure Corbin recruited almost every good player they ever had. So let me state this, I hate Corbin and like Whitley more.

No reason to be so upset and tell people to shove this or that for stating an opinion.
Heard recently Haddix could be interested. Ask some questions in Hazard and could not get a confirm or deny. Confusedhh:

most of there high profile players were from the county. several were from southern Whitley County
A new coach will be announced by June 1st.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:A new coach will be announced by June 1st.

you reckon?

Lets go last 15 years and name Corbin players who PLAYED 4 years of college football and graduated. Lets just do DI FBS and FCS schools. Also name the ones playing now.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:A new coach will be announced by June 1st.

Just got word it was pushed back until the summer dead period.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Just got word it was pushed back until the summer dead period.

Some Whitley player may end up at Williamsburg GUT :welcome:
^
Wouldn't surprise me.

You don't have enough to field a team without them.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Wouldn't surprise me.

You don't have enough to field a team without them.

Williamsburg is Whitley county hometown team :lmao:
As someone who would know, let me say as far as academic standards go, Whitley continues to move forwards. They were better than anyone around here last time around.

As for the coaching situation, I think some significant progress will be made by the end of the week.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Just got word it was pushed back until the summer dead period.

:ChairHit:
64SUR Wrote:Williamsburg is Whitley county hometown team :lmao:

:lame::lame:
pjdoug Wrote::lame::lame:

Williamsburg need another game...how about a homecoming game in 2014 :Cheerlead now how. :lame: is it now
64SUR Wrote:Williamsburg need another game...how about a homecoming game in 2014 :Cheerlead now how. :lame: is it now

I wish you did have Whitley for Homecoming one time lol
pjdoug Wrote:I wish you did have Whitley for Homecoming one time lol

I think williamsburg would come to whitley this year....2014.who do we need to call :phone::phone::phone: pjdoug...RunItUpTheGUT Confusedmoke:
64SUR Wrote:I think williamsburg would come to whitley this year....2014.who do we need to call :phone::phone::phone: pjdoug...RunItUpTheGUT Confusedmoke:

I guess you call Whitley County High School if you're wanting to get the same result in a Homecoming game that you got against Mayfield lol
pjdoug Wrote:I guess you call Whitley County High School if you're wanting to get the same result in a Homecoming game that you got against Mayfield lol

Whitley county is no mayfield.I think it would be a good game for both teams...I will tell you this Williamsburg would beat Whitley county. :Cheerlead
64SUR Wrote:Whitley county is no mayfield.I think it would be a good game for both teams...I will tell you this Williamsburg would beat Whitley county. :Cheerlead

Confusednicker::biglmao::hilarious::lmao:
This thread is officially dead. You could talk about butterflies in Botswana and it would eventually turn into a Williamsburg-Whitley-Corbin debate. More post on test scores than who is actually going to be the coach. That being said I will continue to read for pure enjoyment and I thank each and every one of you for that.
I think it's warmer in Williamsburg, WCHS and Corbin are cold miserable places to go to school...:flame:
This thread has run its course...
Did you go to WCHS or Corbin? Then how would you know? I forgot living under the bubble in Williamsburg is a little warmer, the hot air cannot escape!!!
  •  Previous
  • 28(current)
  • Next