•  Previous
  • 27(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is going to be the new coach at Whitley?
Almost 300 wins. I could see why Whitley wouldn't want Larkey.
BandWagon Wrote:Almost 300 wins. I could see why Whitley wouldn't want Larkey.

Yea were looking more toward 400 and somebody that isn't about to retire.
BandWagon Wrote:Almost 300 wins. I could see why Whitley wouldn't want Larkey.

he has had a good career but not the direction Whitley County needs to go.
It's close to time for the "ducks to get in a row". The new years here, who's it gonna be Colonel fans?
walterwhite Wrote:It's close to time for the "ducks to get in a row". The new years here, who's it gonna be Colonel fans?

I honestly have no idea. I hope we get some good news soon.
Where's the fun in finding out who the new coach is? Then we will have to speculate and
Rumor real topics with actual substance.
I heard Gibbs and Bozeman are on the list. has anybody else heard this or just a rumor?
Hey GUT, hate to tell ya but if you are looking for someone with 300 or more then I would be willing to bet a million that they are ready or close to retirement. Sorry bout your luck.
This could just be a rumor but I heard today that Dudley was a done deal for Whitley but he's now holding out to see if Jewell from Corbin goes to Southwestern. I heard Southwestern talked with him several years ago and Jewell is from the Somerset area. I hope it's true but I'm afraid Corbin is stuck for three more years. Greer and Duncum are already in the Corbin system and would make good assistants for Dudley. Corbin should have hired him many years ago when he applied. Wow...if this is true, RITG will have to be institutionalized. :insane::lmao:
I heard Dudley was a done deal over a month ago. I didn't know why he hadn't accepted their offer tho. I don't see Jewell going anywhere right now. We couldn't get that lucky!!!
oldhound70s Wrote:This could just be a rumor but I heard today that Dudley was a done deal for Whitley but he's now holding out to see if Jewell from Corbin goes to Southwestern. I heard Southwestern talked with him several years ago and Jewell is from the Somerset area. I hope it's true but I'm afraid Corbin is stuck for three more years. Greer and Duncum are already in the Corbin system and would make good assistants for Dudley. Corbin should have hired him many years ago when he applied. Wow...if this is true, RITG will have to be institutionalized. :insane::lmao:

Jewell please stay in Corbin lol
Go Big Red! Wrote:I heard Dudley was a done deal over a month ago. I didn't know why he hadn't accepted their offer tho. I don't see Jewell going anywhere right now. We couldn't get that lucky!!!

I hope they are not taking all this time to announce a current assistant as head coach.
pjdoug Wrote:I hope they are not taking all this time to announce a current assistant as head coach.

B-I-N-G-O.....pjdoug....B-I-N-G-O.....:Sad04: but true
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Considering the two played in the same district swapping wins every other year for years, Id say Larkey has more wins head to head against Hilton than anybody that's played him more than 5 times.

As for taking Larkey, Im dead serious when I say you can keep him.

He has built a pretty good program at Harlan County from scratch, but I'm not going to argue with you.

Hilton was at Harlan County recruiting right before Christmas break I'm not sure why he would be recruiting if he's leaving. But who knows
Any news that doesn't involve a Dudley Hilton sighting in Williamsburg? So over hearing his name mentioned with every job opening in SE KY.
Who was he recruiting for? Whitley County or the Hounds?
pjdoug Wrote:I heard Gibbs and Bozeman are on the list. has anybody else heard this or just a rumor?

True
E's Army Wrote:Who was he recruiting for? Whitley County or the Hounds?

Looking for some black bears :Cheerlead
Patriot Wrote:He has built a pretty good program at Harlan County from scratch, but I'm not going to argue with you.

Hilton was at Harlan County recruiting right before Christmas break I'm not sure why he would be recruiting if he's leaving. But who knows

Once again, I have never mentioned Dudley Hilton.
Ive never said I want Dudley Hilton.

Its other schools fans that have an infatuation with him. Wburg fans keep telling Dudley hes crazy, Bell fans keep saying other people are getting the job because there scared to death he will take it, and HC fans keep bringing up the recruiting argument as a reason why he wont leave.

Theres what, 3 Whitley fans on this site that post regularly? Not one of us have said whos taking the job for sure or not.
oldhound70s Wrote:This could just be a rumor but I heard today that Dudley was a done deal for Whitley but he's now holding out to see if Jewell from Corbin goes to Southwestern. I heard Southwestern talked with him several years ago and Jewell is from the Somerset area. I hope it's true but I'm afraid Corbin is stuck for three more years. Greer and Duncum are already in the Corbin system and would make good assistants for Dudley. Corbin should have hired him many years ago when he applied. Wow...if this is true, RITG will have to be institutionalized. :insane::lmao:

The rumor that been around in Knox Co for a while now is if Dudley left Pikeville it would be after the Madison Central and Pulaski Southwesten job was filled. What blow my mind about Whitley is the job has not ever been posted. They have no ideal if some young up and comer is even interested. In my opinion if Dudley does not take it. It will be more of the same.
insideinfo Wrote:The rumor that been around in Knox Co for a while now is if Dudley left Pikeville it would be after the Madison Central and Pulaski Southwesten job was filled. What blow my mind about Whitley is the job has not ever been posted. They have no ideal if some young up and comer is even interested. In my opinion if Dudley does not take it. It will be more of the same.

It's an inside job why its never been posted :lmao:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Once again, I have never mentioned Dudley Hilton.
Ive never said I want Dudley Hilton.

Its other schools fans that have an infatuation with him. Wburg fans keep telling Dudley hes crazy, Bell fans keep saying other people are getting the job because there scared to death he will take it, and HC fans keep bringing up the recruiting argument as a reason why he wont leave.

Theres what, 3 Whitley fans on this site that post regularly? Not one of us have said whos taking the job for sure or not.

Gut I can't find one post where "Wburg fans keep telling Dudley he's crazy" is mentioned in any form...
I have family that have worked, played, and coached at Whitley and I truly hope they hire a good coach...

Williamsburg football will not sease to exist if Dudley or anyone else takes the job...
PEACE :rockon:
OldJacket Wrote:Gut I can't find one post where "Wburg fans keep telling Dudley he's crazy" is mentioned in any form...
I have family that have worked, played, and coached at Whitley and I truly hope they hire a good coach...

Williamsburg football will not sease to exist if Dudley or anyone else takes the job...

it might cease thoughConfusednicker:
OldJacket Wrote:Gut I can't find one post where "Wburg fans keep telling Dudley he's crazy" is mentioned in any form...

You have to look at the whole site.
Ive had 64 stalking me since this thread opened with Dudley comments when ive never said anything about him coming or going.
pjdoug Wrote:it might cease thoughConfusednicker:

Doug these old fingers don't seem to follow this old brain directions...:igiveup:
64SUR Wrote:It's an inside job why its never been posted :lmao:

Actually it doesn't have to be posted if its a contracted position. Only certified and permanent jobs have to be posted for 30 days. If they bring him on board with a 12 month contract it doesn't have to be posted ( I think). They can just renew his contract every year. I'd say this is probably why you've not seen it posted. Dudley will not be teaching. I've already heard from 4 parents who say they are transferring their kid to Whitley if Dudley is the coach. It will hurt Corbin much more than Williamsburg if he takes the job. Williamsburg kids are having fun and winning games. They don't need to transfer. Corbin players are fed up.
oldhound70s Wrote:Actually it doesn't have to be posted if its a contracted position. Only certified and permanent jobs have to be posted for 30 days. If they bring him on board with a 12 month contract it doesn't have to be posted ( I think). They can just renew his contract every year. I'd say this is probably why you've not seen it posted. Dudley will not be teaching. I've already heard from 4 parents who say they are transferring their kid to Whitley if Dudley is the coach. It will hurt Corbin much more than Williamsburg if he takes the job. Williamsburg kids are having fun and winning games. They don't need to transfer. Corbin players are fed up.

I would be fine with that.
oldhound70s Wrote:Actually it doesn't have to be posted if its a contracted position. Only certified and permanent jobs have to be posted for 30 days. If they bring him on board with a 12 month contract it doesn't have to be posted ( I think). They can just renew his contract every year. I'd say this is probably why you've not seen it posted. Dudley will not be teaching. I've already heard from 4 parents who say they are transferring their kid to Whitley if Dudley is the coach. It will hurt Corbin much more than Williamsburg if he takes the job. Williamsburg kids are having fun and winning games. They don't need to transfer. Corbin players are fed up.

Funny, parents take their kids out of a very good academic school like Corbin so little Johnny can play football. Unless he is going pro you all had better keep him where he can get a good education. Not to say Whitley isn't a good academic school, but Corbin usually scores very good stateide in scores.
Dads, don't relive your childhood by hurting your kid. That's selfish.
Full deck Wrote:Funny, parents take their kids out of a very good academic school like Corbin so little Johnny can play football. Unless he is going pro you all had better keep him where he can get a good education. Not to say Whitley isn't a good academic school, but Corbin usually scores very good stateide in scores.
Dads, don't relive your childhood by hurting your kid. That's selfish.

Just so you know, Whitley has been keeping pace with Corbin on testing scores.

Whitley, Wburg, and Corbin have the highest testing scores around this area.
The Knox County and Laurel County schools have been horrible lately.

I don't remember the exact numbers, but the last time the paper published them, Whitley was side by side with them.
OldJacket Wrote:Doug these old fingers don't seem to follow this old brain directions...:igiveup:

:closeenough::Thumbs:
  •  Previous
  • 27(current)
  • Next