•  Previous
  • 14(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is going to be the new coach at Whitley?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I know im not.
Football supports all other sports. Without high school football programs, things like volleyball and baseball wouldnt exist, so schools have every right to do what they want with there coaches.
Whoever gets the head coaching job will undoubtedly be the conditioning teacher which more or less means kids will go in and lift while the coach prepares for the game that week.

Then if the job requirements are for Dudley to be the conditioning coach he won't take the job he has been retired for several years no way he goes back into that type of role in the school.
I'm looking for Whitley to get a big time coach and they will be tough to beat next season Smile
Mark my words it will not be Hilton. He will lead everyone on, then leave them at the doorstep. He will not leave upike. He makes too much to only Coach! No conditioning classes, no classrooms and etc.

Whitley will get a good coach IMO.
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:Then if the job requirements are for Dudley to be the conditioning coach he won't take the job he has been retired for several years no way he goes back into that type of role in the school.

You dont understand what I am saying.
William Muney Wrote:Mark my words it will not be Hilton. He will lead everyone on, then leave them at the doorstep. He will not leave upike. He makes too much to only Coach! No conditioning classes, no classrooms and etc.

Whitley will get a good coach IMO.

You're right. :biggrin:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:You dont understand what I am saying.

Then explain. Dudley will not go to a school where he is required to work on a daily basis. He will not leave UPike this year mark it down. Next year is a different story.
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:Then explain. Dudley will not go to a school where he is required to work on a daily basis. He will not leave UPike this year mark it down. Next year is a different story.

You dont have to work when your the conditioning teacher. You take roll and go back to your office.
In order to make that much, you're going to have to teach something.

If Dudley is coming back to the high school game at ANY school, hes going to have to do some type of teaching. The job he'll have at Whitley would be a pie one.

Lets just wait it out and see.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:You dont have to work when your the conditioning teacher. You take roll and go back to your office.

You evidently didn't read I said he won't take a job that requires him to be there everyday. He won't leave UPike until JD is finished. Dudley won't be at WC then because he won't be teaching ever again. He quit teaching at BC about five or six years before he left. He was retired.
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:You evidently didn't read I said he won't take a job that requires him to be there everyday. He won't leave UPike until JD is finished. Dudley won't be at WC then because he won't be teaching ever again. He quit teaching at BC about five or six years before he left. He was retired.

Okay, we'll just say you're right.

Thanks for looking out. I'll assume Hilton is staying at UPIKE forever and that he will never leave. No more mentioning of Hilton by me. I've been told to many times he's staying at UPIKE on here.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Okay, we'll just say you're right.

Thanks for looking out. I'll assume Hilton is staying at UPIKE forever and that he will never leave. No more mentioning of Hilton by me. I've been told to many times he's staying at UPIKE on here.

I didn't say he wouldn't leave. Just not this year. They had one of their best seasons in a long time. His son will be a senior next year. He will make a lot more money at UPike than WC so why would he leave now?
The DUD was at whitley on friday . So he may be the next coach .
PETE THE GURU Wrote:The DUD was at whitley on friday . So he may be the next coach .

He was at Bell as well. He was visiting local schools talking to SR football players. So just don't think he made a special trip to Whitley. I think he was at Harlan County and I would say if you check around you would see that he has been at many different schools last week so I guess he is going to be there coach too. Lol
Seen him at Williamsburg too, but we wouldn't trade him for our coach any day of the week. Pretty sure he was checking out our big guy. Even driving a UPike vehicle. Obvious recruiting trip.
If coach Larkey decides to work with his son @ N.Laurel, I think the Harlan Co. job is much more appealing than the Whitley Co job. Irregardless, if Dudley takes another HS job in Ky he will only be able to work on 100 day contract due to retirement restrictions. This in no way will affect his coaching time.
Newjacket Wrote:Seen him at Williamsburg too, but we wouldn't trade him for our coach any day of the week. Pretty sure he was checking out our big guy. Even driving a UPike vehicle. Obvious recruiting trip.

Yes that is what he has been doing.
Football supports all other sports. Without high school football programs, things like volleyball and baseball wouldnt exist, so schools have every right to do what they want with there coaches.
Whoever gets the head coaching job will undoubtedly be the conditioning teacher which more or less means kids will go in and lift while the coach prepares for the game that week.

Not exactly sure how you have come to the conclusion that football supports all other sports? Maybe cross country or track. There are schools doing just fine that don't have football, ie. Barbourville . So that's a lame excuse. Pretty sure KDE wouldn't like your coaching philosophy either. Maybe they will create a new super secret position like Whitley County College Athletics Liason and pay him $85,000 then football monies and whatever other stipend they can think of. Bottom line is, if they want the Legend, they will pay legendary sums of money to get him. Maybe hodge told them where he stashed the counties money.
FormerJacket72 Wrote:Not exactly sure how you have come to the conclusion that football supports all other sports? Maybe cross country or track. There are schools doing just fine that don't have football, ie. Barbourville . So that's a lame excuse. Pretty sure KDE wouldn't like your coaching philosophy either. Maybe they will create a new super secret position like Whitley County College Athletics Liason and pay him $85,000 then football monies and whatever other stipend they can think of. Bottom line is, if they want the Legend, they will pay legendary sums of money to get him. Maybe hodge told them where he stashed the counties money.

All bow to the greatest :notworthy

Your crazy if you think football doesnt pay for sports like baseball, volleyball, sofrtball at schools like Whitley. The money football games bring in buys everything these teams need. Schools like Barbourville are not the same.

Do you honestly think the 14 fans that show up for a baseball game and get free admission while buying 3 dollars worth of hot dogs pays for those bus rides, equipment, etc?

You've lost it.
Why are you Bell fans worried about it? :biggrin:
Whitley co make more money in Bingo in 1yr in all of the gate money in the surrounding county for the last 5yrs,Whitley does have the money to hired saban of Alabama :Cheerlead
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Why are you Bell fans worried about it? :biggrin:

Not worried there are some of us that will be glad when he gets some other job tired of hearing about him. Dudley would never admit it because of his ego but he should have never left in the first place.
64SUR Wrote:Whitley co make more money in Bingo in 1yr in all of the gate money in the surrounding county for the last 5yrs,Whitley does have the money to hired saban of Alabama :Cheerlead

:biggrin:
What is the time frame for a hiring or an announcement.....or any real information relating to canidates and possible staff changes.
seems like a lot of non-Whitley fans are worried
Curly Wrote:What is the time frame for a hiring or an announcement.....or any real information relating to canidates and possible staff changes.

Who knows.
The job still isnt posted to my knowledge.
Gut Whitley may raise enough revenues from the football gate to support other sports but I feel safe in saying most schools can not do that...Football is a very expensive, uniforms, equipment, camps, travel, ect....
Back to the topic, I hope Whitley gets Dudley and Cody Jones gets a chance to be part of the new staff...
OldJacket Wrote:Gut Whitley may raise enough revenues from the football gate to support other sports but I feel safe in saying most schools can not do that...Football is a very expensive, uniforms, equipment, camps, travel, ect....
Back to the topic, I hope Whitley gets Dudley and Cody Jones gets a chance to be part of the new staff...

You'd be surprised how much money the boosters bring in from football alone with bingo.

I don't know a lot, i'll admit that. I shoot a fart in the wind the majority of the time when I post, but I do know that if it weren't for the football team, a lot of other programs wouldn't be able to financially exist.

With that said, I don't know who the new coach will be, but they better make the right choice. I would be happy with Dudley, but I think if that's the case, then you won't see any Whitley County people on staff except for Gibbs, maybe.

I'll let it be until a choice is made.
pjdoug Wrote:seems like a lot of non-Whitley fans are worried

I am a Williamsburg fan, and I hope they do get a good coach. I have several family members that will be playing there. I would not call it worried though.
Whitley County football has a bright future

Football doesn't even bring in enough $$ to pay the football coaching salaries. It probably cost $40,000-50,000 a year to run just the HS football program. Whitley be lucky to clear $20,000 at gate for HS games. If it wasn't for booster club and fund raisers football couldn't exist.
It cost $400 just to put helmet, shoulder pads, pants, cleats and mouth piece on a player.
Gut, football doesn't even come close to paying for itself at any school if you are talking about gate receipts. Booster club is only way it survives.
you have your wires crossed
  •  Previous
  • 14(current)
  • Next