•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is going to be the new coach at Whitley?
Question...............I dont post very very often!!!!!
Speaking directly to all Whitley peeps...................Suppose it was Dudley Hilton to take the helm..............How many of you faithful to the program would be disappointed in the Admin's decision?
Joined this place to see about who was going to be the next coach and really not have seen anything that can't be heard on the streets.
I think you have to narrow it by setting some things down to look at

For example:
Age not a requirement. They could end up with a young guy who can get the job done. Proven winner. Does not exactly have to have been a head coach, but an assistant from a winning program could be a good fit. Can get players out, not just kids. I have heard for years about not only WCHS but most schools that they need more numbers out, I think you need more players out playing, kids will come and you can make them players later.Can't be afraid to take a chance there are some great coaches looking for a chance but it would be a gamble, kind of like betting on the Dolphins...really risky Can get the fanbase excited not just for the first few games Can get a solid booster club Just a few parents can't do it all More support $$$$$$$ new stuff get kids and fans excited

If I knew a good book maker I would lay down some money that they don't even have any names in mind yet. What are the odds on that?
4ThePlayerz Wrote:Speaking directly to all Whitley peeps...................Suppose it was Dudley Hilton to take the helm..............How many of you faithful to the program would be disappointed in the Admin's decision?

90% would be happy

10% would not be happy, because that is what they do best.
I will only be disappointed if they hire a worse coach than just resigned (I like Black),a current assistant,a Jellico etc. I hope for once they hire a proven winner that puts together a good staff and moves the program forward.
FormerJacket72 Wrote:So how would you know they named Ysidro as interim coach until they hired someone???

Because i can read and i have a newspaper subscription.
footballfever Wrote:Never said he was. Ask if he was your 3rd choice or schools?
So your 1st choice is still in playoffs but not 1 of the schools I mentioned.Your 2nd choice is out of the playoffs but not 1 of the schools I mentioned. Interesting

PM me.
bear claw Wrote:NO WAY LARKEY LEAVES HARLAN COUNTY TO START OVER AT A STRUGGLING TEAM. Larkey will retire from Harlan County as head coach when he is ready, then I believe he will help his son at NL. And that is a maybe, he and Mrs. Larkey might just wanna follow their son and cheer him on. And ride away in the sunset being a VERY successful coach!!!!

Believe me when i say we dont want Larkey.
Its not a knock on the guy, but Whitley fans definitely dont want to go in that direction.
Curly Wrote:Joined this place to see about who was going to be the next coach and really not have seen anything that can't be heard on the streets.
I think you have to narrow it by setting some things down to look at

For example:
Age not a requirement. They could end up with a young guy who can get the job done. Proven winner. Does not exactly have to have been a head coach, but an assistant from a winning program could be a good fit. Can get players out, not just kids. I have heard for years about not only WCHS but most schools that they need more numbers out, I think you need more players out playing, kids will come and you can make them players later.Can't be afraid to take a chance there are some great coaches looking for a chance but it would be a gamble, kind of like betting on the Dolphins...really risky Can get the fanbase excited not just for the first few games Can get a solid booster club Just a few parents can't do it all More support $$$$$$$ new stuff get kids and fans excited

If I knew a good book maker I would lay down some money that they don't even have any names in mind yet. What are the odds on that?

Good post. Welcome to the site.
You mean in a winning direction?

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

I don't think it makes sense either, but to say you don't want a guy who wins 80 percent of his games sounds kind of odd.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Believe me when i say we dont want Larkey.
Its not a knock on the guy, but Whitley fans definitely dont want to go in that direction.

We all wish he would go back to Rockcastle
HDE Wrote:You mean in a winning direction?

I don't think it makes sense either, but to say you don't want a guy who wins 80 percent of his games sounds kind of odd.

Larkey is/was a good coach, but his offense will never bring a state title to Harlan County in todays game. I also dont think Larkey would be any more successful at Whitley than Black was.
HDE Wrote:You mean in a winning direction?

Gut is "kind of odd".
I hope we dont have to go through more years of watching Whitley repeatedly run the ball on 2nd and 1 and 3rd and 15. throw the ball sometimes lol
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Larkey is/was a good coach, but his offense will never bring a state title to Harlan County in todays game. I also dont think Larkey would be any more successful at Whitley than Black was.

Yeah Belfry will never win or go to a state title game running the ball in todays game.
Guys I know everyone wants to run the fun and gun but in reality schools in EKY don't consistently have those types of athlete's. Now there has to be a happy medium with some threat of a passing game, BUT it has been proven time and time again a running game and defense wins championships. IMO Whitley's problems over the last 4-5 seasons has been their DEFENSE. They stop nobody.
At this point I don't think Whitley fans should be so cemented what offense the new coach will bring to the team, if you don't have the numbers out to play it doesn't matter.
with no threat of a passing game the defense puts everybody in the box and slows down the run which stalls drives and keeps the defense on the field.you can't go far without at least a threat of a passing game.
Very true! If anyone remembers Black came to Whitley with the spread as his offense. IT didn't take long to realize they could not pull it off and beat anyone.
Whitley not only needs a god head coach.they need one that will put together a good and large staff.have you nticed how many assistant coaches they have? not many lol
and hopefully they'll get an enthusiastic staff that get more kids excited about playing for the team.I've seen a few 1 A teams with more players and coaches
How many Freshman and Soph's did Whitley have on the team this year? Winning cures part of the numbers problem.
I don't know why you guys keep bashing the assistant coaches. If I remember correctly those were the same coaches that went 12-2. Talent makes coaches look better. Everyone on here has pointed out the problems but no one has the reasonable solutions. I think no matter what direction the administrations goes in you will have people unhappy with the decision. As long as it's a hire for the kids and not politically motivated I am all for it.
I didn't see anybody bashing the assistant coaches,they need more assistants,they dont have enough.Why do Jackets fans care who they hire?
^^
Because of Gut's "cryptic" messages, everyone is afraid that it could be THEIR coach!!
Confusednicker:
be afraid.be very afraid lol
Jason Chappell former Perry Central and South Laurel coach and Offensive Cordinator at Middlesboro.
NO!
ballboy Wrote:jason chappell former perry central and south laurel coach and offensive cordinator at middlesboro.

100% no!!!!!
Well,,, who ever it is, I hope they hype it up and get everyone surrounding WC Football
excited.... WC will be fine if the right coach can put some excitement in the air... The
players are walking the halls! Someone has just got to get them excited about playing
the game, the numbers will increase, and the program will take off.....
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next