•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 UK Football Recruiting
The aforementioned OL Alex Bookser from Pennsylvainia picked up his offer from UK, today.

4* RB Mikel Horton will be at Louisville next Saturday for a visit. UK's staff is anxious for him to decide soon. From what I'm told, that'd be a good idea for him if UK is where he wants to be at because UK has some improving options in the offensive backfield. What that tells me is either another 2014 commit or Nebraska transfer to be Braylon Heard is coming.

4* OL Nick Richardson from Westerville Central (OH) is making plans to attend the UK/Florida basketball game. He was again unable to attend UK's most recent Junior Day, that's the second one he's missed as he was also expected for the first.

[SIZE=3]4* Conner QB Drew Barker, is far from a done deal. If Ohio State were to offer, it would make things very interesting. Not to mention, don't [SIZE=3]write off the [SIZE=3]Ole[SIZE=3]' Ball Coach & South Carolina just yet.

There is some buzz that UK is to get some big news in the very near future, one recruit is really feeling UK. I'm not sure which one it is.

[SIZE=3]UK offered
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]St. Petersburg (Fla.) Catholic 4* Reilly Gibbons. Gibbons is a converted tight end. He has good athleticism for a guy his size. One of the top OL in the area for the 2014 class. He has offers from Arkansas, Auburn, Clemson, Colorado, Duke, Florida, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, UMass, Miami (FL), Mississippi State, Missouri, Nebraska, UNC, NC State, Northwestern, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Purdue, Rutgers, San Diego State, USF, Tennessee, Vandy, Virginia, & WVU. He's also gotten interest from Alabama, Notre Dame, South Carolina, Stanford, UCF, & USC.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiti...My8dpIPZB4
North Carolina and Ole Miss are the latest schools to offer Florida offensive lineman Isaiah Wynn. It's too early to start talking favorites but UK is in good shape and Wynn wants to visit North Carolina this summer. He's not sure about other trips, though.

Speaking of St. Petersburg, FL 4* OL Reilly Gibbons, is a UK offeree & is one of the nation's best. Pulling him won't be easy because there's a ton of competition and many schools had the luxury of getting involved earlier, but the Cats will try their hand.

4* RB Mikel Horton's latest school to get involved is Boston College, but Louisville is the only other trip he has set.

Mt. Lebanon, Pennsylvania OL Alex Bookser could well be one of UK's top two or three line targets, and there's a receiver from Mt. Lebanon as well, Troy Apke, that UK is really impressed with. Apke is an electrifying game-breaker and could well move into the Cats' top tier of targets at the position after the staff has a chance to discuss him. He offers from Bowling Green, Georgia Tech, Minnesota, Penn State, Pitt, & Toledo. He's also garnered interest from Cincinnati, Indiana, Maryland, Rutgers, Virginia, & WVU.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/re...pke-144033has

FSU commit RB Kamryn Pettway from Prattville, AL has emerged as one of the Cats' top targets. He only recently committed to FSU and a bunch of schools are recruiting him as though that commitment never happened. He and Horton are evidence that the staff very much wants a power dimension to their Air Raid. He has offers from UK, FSU, Auburn, & Georgia.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/re...way-142838

Largo, FL RB Jarvis Stewart could well emerge as another top target. Very different kind of back than is Pettway, but a great athlete and spread player. The big task will be convincing him to leave Florida, which could be tough.

Kentucky is in good shape early with Tampa (FL) Alonso tight end Marcus Mosely, who is, along with Ethan Wolf and Darryl Long, one of UK's top tight end targets. There is a distinct possibility UK could take two tight ends in this class if they can find the right fits. Mosely has offers from UK, Louisville, Marshall, Ohio, South Alabama, & Syracuse. He also has interest from Florida, Indiana, Georgia Tech, & USF.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/footb...ley-137712

OL Ja'Merez Bowen, the tackle from Shaker Heights in Cleveland, really liked his UK trip and he may not visit any more schools until it's time for officials. He has to improve some on the academic side but UK's coaches have assured him they aren't backing away and believe he can get it done. That kind of positive message and loyalty seems to have helped the Cats with him.

Hinsdale (IL) center Brian Allen is one of the nation's top centers. His brother plays at Michigan State and two other family members also played in the Big Ten. He has said that the SEC is the best conference and the idea of playing SEC ball is appealing.
Tallahassee (FL) Godby 4* LB Jacob Pugh has said that UK is still in the mix for his services. His current Top 5 are [SIZE=3]Alabama, Kentucky, Florida State, North Carolina and USC.

He will visit Alabama again on March 16th but would not say whether or not they were his leader. However, after his recent visit to Bama' he said they were the lone leader.

[/SIZE]
Georgia commit 4* safety Nick Glass from Suwanee, GA (Peachtree Ridge) picked up his 20th offer from UK yesterday. He also has offers from Georgia, Notre Dame, Texas Tech, Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Cincinnati, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Maryland, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, UNC, NC State, Ohio State, Oklahoma State, South Carolina, Stanford, Tennessee, UCLA, Vandy, Virginia, & Wake Forest. He's also gotten interest from Florida & Michigan. He's a solid commit to Georgia but has them along with Notre Dame & Texas Tech in his Top 3. Which Neal Brown, recruited him at Texas Tech. I guess the UK staff decided to put their names in the hat as well.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/re...ass-134794
The Ohio invasion seems to be a popular thing amongst those guys. Derek Kief, George Brown, Tyrell Gilbert, Mike Edwards, & Mikel Horton all visited Cincinnati today.

Mikel Horton had already said he was visiting Louisville next weekend. George Brown has now said he's going as well & he's trying to get the other 3 to join them.

LB Dorian Hendrix said he has no favorites, despite it being the buzz that UK was his favorite. He's also gotten strong interest from Purdue, Duke & Northwestern. He plans to visit Illinois, Indiana, Duke, Purdue, Ohio State, Michigan, WVU, & Wisconsin this spring.

I'm hearing some rumors, flying that LSU head coach Les Miles will step down Monday morning. It's being said that he's been having an affair with a student. Wow. Just wow. That's worse that Petrino's episode, so we shall see how this all pans out if true. Has to make you wonder about the guys who have signed LOI's to LSU.

**UPDATE** Apparently it's just that a rumor, & that it was broke by a WKU student reporter. LOL. Maybe Petrino wants to take the heat off himself, & this is his way of doing so.
Linebacker finds football passion in Kentucky visit

Justin Rowland
Special to CatsIllustrated.com

T.J. Posey didn't really know what to expect from Kentucky before this past weekend. He went into the junior day with an open mind and a lot of curiosity.

The Gadsden (Ala.) linebacker came away from the trip obviously impressed, and he had high praise for Mark Stoops' program when Cats Illustrated caught up with him.

"It was nice," Posey said. "They've got nice facilities and a good fan base. The basketball game was wild. It was rocking."

Posey said it was "most definitely" the most electric environment at a basketball game that he had ever experienced, but he noticed that there was a lot of passion for the football program as well.

"They're pretty excited about football and basketball," Posey said. "They like all their sports."

The facilities are obviously a big selling point whenever coaches talk to UK recruits, especially now that a large influx of capital is being directed towards their improvement. Posey said the facilities were impressive even as they are.

He's anxious to see what they look like when the changes take place.

"They're already nice and they were telling us about what they're going to have. It's going to make it even better up there," he said.

Derrick Ansley and Tommy Mainord are the coaches that spoke to Posey more than any of the others but Stoops also made it a point to speak with him on occasion.

"Coach Ansley's a cool guy," Posey said. "He's been recruiting me and had been at Tennessee. We've had a good relationship.

"Coach Stoops just wants me to come up to camp. They already like me and have offered, he just wants me to come up again."

The 6-foot, 224-pound linebacker already has offers from Arkansas, Mississippi State, Tennessee and Purdue, in addition to UK, and while he's trying to keep an open mind he did seem to imply that one school is starting to impress him.

"Right now I'm open but I have a lot of interest in Kentucky coming out of this weekend. I had just never been up there. My teammate (Daryl Collins) goes there and I like what I've seen from them so far," he said. "I'm not sure what other visits I've got coming up soon. My coach might set me up a schedule but I don't know yet."

http://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1477055
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Ohio lineman part of big junior day at Kentucky

Justin Rowland

Three schools lead for Zach Harmon, an offensive guard from Toledo (Ohio) Central Catholic. Harmon is still waiting for that first offer but he's got reason to be optimistic about this weekend.

Harmon attended UK's invite-only junior day as part of a big contingent from the Buckeye State. While Kentucky hasn't offered it's clear the Wildcats are interested.

"I came with a teammate, Paul Moses," Harmon said. "Coach (John Schlarman) said he was really impressed with me. He thought I'm a good, smart football player. Coach (Vince) Marrow, the tight ends coach, said he really likes me.

"They're going to have a staff meeting and they might talk about offering me."

The 6-foot-4, 265-pound offensive guard said the trip was heavily focused on academics and what the new staff plans to do. Kentucky is recruiting him as a center, and based on the research Harmon himself as done that's an intriguing possibility.

"They didn't mention anything (about the depth chart) but I did some research and they have two centers on the roster and one is graduating. I'm pretty sure they're graduating one," he said.

In other words it could be a good opportunity for Harmon at the position.

Harmon was only able to stay for half of the basketball game because his mother wasn't feeling well but he still got a pretty good feel for the atmosphere.

"It was a pretty cool experience," he said. "I had never been to a big basketball game like that."

Last summer Harmon took trips to Ohio State, Northwestern and Cincinnati. He has also attended junior days at Indiana and Toledo. He will visit Buffalo and Kent State next.

Three schools are ahead of the rest of the field.

"Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio State are pretty much my favorites," he said.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1477059
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Tight end connects with Kentucky coaches

Justin Rowland

Darryl Long is one of the top tight ends in the Midwest and Kentucky made an outstanding impression on him over the weekend.

The Westerville South (Ohio) prospect turned in a great showing at the Best of the Midwest combine in Indianapolis recently. Long has drawn rave reviews for his body's transformation and is one of the most improved players in the Buckeye State from last year.

Kentucky got on Long early, in large part because of tight ends coach Vince Marrow, who handles most of UK's recruiting in Ohio. Marrow made Long feel right at home in Lexington over the weekend.

"I talked to coach Marrow a lot," Long said. "He's a great guy and real down to earth. He knows the tight end spot. He's played it and coached it for a long time. He's a great guy and I really like him as a coach and a person.

"I thought the whole trip was great. I liked spending time with all the coaches and the other players that were there. I had good talks with everybody. They showed us around and it's a very nice school. That's always a good thing. The basketball game was really exciting, too."

Long said the offer from UK became official at the junior day. Louisville had offered Long the day before his trip to Kentucky but he did not visit the Big East school.

While Long said he does not have a favorite he's hoping to end the recruiting process in the coming months.

"I'm going to hopefully make a choice before this upcoming season, probably over the summer," he said. "I'm going over all my options with my parents."

Long said he might visit Indiana this weekend.

Any school that he visits from here on out has their work cut out for him because, by Long's own admission, UK set the bar very high.

"I hung out with Darius West, Thaddeus Snodgrass, Drew Barker, Ryan Timmons and guys like that," he said. "We talked about playing together, especially all the Ohio boys. If we can go to the same place we would really enjoy college."

http://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1477062
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
St. X lineman warming up to Kentucky

Justin Rowland

Zane Meiners has never exactly been a Kentucky fan. Far from it. He's grown up a Louisville guy. Could that be changing?

That seems to be the question of the hour for the St. Xavier lineman.

The 6-foot-7, 315-pound offensive tackle attended Kentucky's junior day on Saturday and said he has a vastly different impression of Kentucky today than he did before the trip.

"I grew up a Louisville fan and it was kinda weird being there and seeing them and not hating (Kentucky)," Meiners said with a laugh. "I love what they're doing. They're talking about new renovations to the place. It's going to be ridiculous. My first year, wherever I decide to go, they're going to be finished with that. It's going to be great."

Meiners said he spoke with offensive line coach John Schlarman and head coach Mark Stoops. The Wildcats did not offer him but the coaches are planning to visit St. Xavier in the spring to evaluate him in person.

The coaches told Meiners and the other recruits that the line will be a big priority in the Class of 2014.

"They were talking about how they only have seven linemen, including the 2013 class, able to play next year. They're going to be giving lots of offensive line spots out. They have 11 guys but only seven or eight are able to play for sure because of ACL injuries and things like that.

"When we were eating lunch coach (Schlarman) pulled me into his office and talked about how he saw my film and that I had gotten strong. This is only my second year playing football. I transferred in to St. X and I had never played football before. But I've gotten a lot bigger, stronger and taller, so I have a lot of that going for me. I think they see the potential."

But one question looms large: If Meiners has offers from both Kentucky and Louisville would he seriously consider the Wildcats?

"There's definitely a chance," he said. "My uncle Mike Meiners played at Kentucky so there's that aspect. I'm kinda looking to get out of the city."

Wisconsin has invited Meiners to their spring practices and a junior day and the Louisville native said he is also thinking about a trip to Indiana.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1477679
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Four-star safety says Cats are in the mix

Justin Rowland

Darius West doesn't want to eliminate any options yet but he is trying to get a feel for which schools have the inside track. So far Kentucky is in good shape.

Coming off a trip to Kentucky over the weekend for the Wildcats' junior day the four-star safety from Ohio feels very good about UK.

"They would be in my top five," West said.

While that seems like a relatively modest statement a little clarification is needed: When asked what other schools are in that top five, West said he's not sure yet.

"I'm still trying to work that out," he said.

In other words, UK has made a good impression. Saturday was West's first trip to Kentucky. It was a trip he was anxious to take because he's building a good relationship with Kentucky assistant coach Vince Marrow.

"Me and Coach Marrow, the tight ends coach, have a great relationship. It's good," he said. "He's a really good coach. I got to talk to Coach (Mark) Stoops when I was down there, too.

"(Stoops) was telling me he really likes me and he knew about me before he even got to Kentucky. He said I'm their number one defensive back on the board. All the other coaches were telling me that's a real good compliment because of all the guys he's put into the league."

West said the highlight of the trip was meeting with the coaches and the other recruits.

He plans to visit Notre Dame, Michigan, Michigan State and Tennessee next month, and wants to make his decision by the summer.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1477682
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Firios weighs 'huge' scholarship offer from UK

Justin Rowland

Longwood (Fla.) Lyman linebacker Nico Firios picked up a huge offer this week: Kentucky. Has the offer from the Wildcats shaken up the entire process for him?

It's probably too early to answer that question but it's clear that the 6-foot-2, 225-pound linebacker has a lot of interest in UK.

"That was a huge one for me," Firios said shortly after receiving word of the offer. "It just came out of the blue honestly. I called them up and they ended up saying they want to offer me a scholarship. I wasn't expecting it at all. Especially being from the SEC, that's a pretty big one."

Rutgers and South Florida offered Firios before Kentucky and he will consider both of those schools as well.

He insisted he doesn't have any favorites yet.

"No, not yet," he said. "I'm just keeping my options open and really trying to focus on school and this spring first before I start to really focus on recruiting this summer.

"I'm not going to rush the recruiting process. I want my verbal commitment to be a solid one and to feel 100-percent comfortable in that decsiion. But I'm not waiting on a certain date or anything. Just when I feel like it's time."

While he doesn't have any favorites yet, Firios does have a good idea of what he's looking for in a school. His choice will come down to the best balance of every consideration for a student-athlete.

"How well I fit into the scheme of that defense, academics and if they offer what I want and if I feel like I'm needed at that school," Firios said.

The junior linebacker accounted for 96 total tackles (82 solo), 27 tackles for loss and seven sacks last year.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1478302
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hogansville, GA (Callaway) DE KeShun Freeman has picked up an offer from UK. He also has offers from Boston College, Duke, Georgia Tech, Indiana, UNC, Stanford, WVU, & WKU. He's also garnered interest from Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Mississippi State, Missouri, & South Carolina.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/re...man-144718

Jackson, AL LB Gavin Bryant has also picked up an offer from UK. He's also got offers from Jacksonville State, Memphis, & South Carolina.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/re...8MDWtIPZB4
One thing i've seen from Coach Stoops is that he isn't/won't back down from anyone on the recruiting trail. He is taking on all the big time programs, and showing results so far. I've never followed the recruiting process ever, but now i cant stop following it. As far as i can tell i dont ever remember any coach at kentucky going after the big fish in high school..I may be wrong but i've never seen a recruiter like stoops and his assistants..feel free to correct me if i'm wrong but kentucky has never had recruiters like this in the past have they?
Top notch in state recruits, Bowling Green WR Nacarius Fant and John Hardin DT Matt Elam both visited WKU over the weekend and it doesn't seem as the Hilltoppers are much of a recruiting threat to the Wildcats in general but they are aiming high.

Fant had an opportunity to spend a lot of time with WR coach Lamar Thomas. Yes, that's the same Lamar Thomas of Miami(FL) fame as well as playing for the Bucs & Dolphins in the NFL. Petrino has made it clear that WKU is high on Fant & want to keep him home in Bowling Green. Purdue has shown him a lot of interest lately & he plans to pay them a visit in the near future.

Matt Elam has plans to visit Tennessee next weekend but speaks with Neal Brown on a weekly basis and UK is still in good shape.

Staying in-state, 4* Conner QB Drew Barker does not have a solid tentative schedule for this spring yet. His basketball season has been over for a couple of weeks now and he was hoping to set some visits after it ended, but it hasn't happened yet. Possibly a good sign for UK.
UK's staff still feels very good about their position in Ohio. There's one player that this is especially true of but I don't know who that is quite yet. But Kentucky is also in great shape with Darryl Long, Darius West and Dorian Hendrix. In fact, UK is leading for all three from what they have said.

4* West Chester (OH) RB Mikel Horton is now up to a dozen offers including one from Florida State today. He is scheduled to visit Louisville next weekend. Needless to say this one will be a lot more difficult than it appeared a month ago, and it's very much up in the air. He claims there are no longer any favorites. He will return to UK for the Cats' spring game. Charlie Strong, himself has visited his school. Florida State is the school that really seems to have his attention now & like he'd previously mentioned, FSU is a school that has a run oriented offense with a power back like Horton. Fortunately for UK, Horton loves Marrow.

Cincinnati Colerain 2015 OL/TE George Brown had originally said he may make the trip to Louisville with Mikel Horton. He may visit Tennessee next weekend but hasn't decided either Louisville or Tennessee. Either way I'm sure he'll try to rally the Ohio Brigade with him.

Cincinnati's Winton Woods DB Mike Edwards ranked 479 in nation, 43 in nation at safety, and 28 overall in Ohio, & #1 safety in Ohio. He will be returning to UK in the spring along with Horton.

Edwards' high school teammate at Cincinnati's Winton Woods DT Daniel Cage, has gotten some attention from the BBN, recently. UK's staff has confirmed that he's on the radar but others are higher on their board. Cage has offers from Cincinnati, Illinois, Indiana, Kent State, Michigan State, Minnesota, Purdue, Tennessee, & Western Michigan. He's also garnered interest from Florida State, Louisville, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, WVU, & Wisconsin among other schools.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/re...age-140506

Westerville Central (OH) OL Nick Richardson and his parents, still have plans to visit UK next weekend & take in the UK/Florida basketball game.

Lakota East (OH) OG Jarrett LaRubbio really, really likes UK as well. The Cats sit atop his list & his dad grew up playing sports with Stoops & Marrow in Youngstown. I'd say at this point he's virtually a lock.

Troy (OH) OL Alex Dalton has been invited to just about all the schools that have offered but he hasn't set any visit plans yet.
Plan B option behind Drew Barker at QB seems to be Toledo Central Catholic (OH) DeShon Kizer. He's yet to visit & be offered. He did however, pick up an offer from Alabama & had a good, long conversation with Nick Saban.

Douglasville, GA safety Khalia Hackett is scheduled to visit Georgia Tech next weekend.

Winter Haven, FL WR Kendrick Holland reaffirmed that UK is his No. 1 school right now.
Demarcus ware Wrote:One thing i've seen from Coach Stoops is that he isn't/won't back down from anyone on the recruiting trail. He is taking on all the big time programs, and showing results so far. I've never followed the recruiting process ever, but now i cant stop following it. As far as i can tell i dont ever remember any coach at kentucky going after the big fish in high school..I may be wrong but i've never seen a recruiter like stoops and his assistants..feel free to correct me if i'm wrong but kentucky has never had recruiters like this in the past have they?

No...and it's a blessing! :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Ohio State freshman & former 4* DE Se'Von Pittman has been granted his release to transfer. He was Urban Meyer's second commit at OSU & comes from Canton McKinley (OH), the same school of former target Antoine Miles. This is not to say, he's interested in UK or UK is even interested in him. Just some news, & always a possibility.

4* 2014 Wisconsin commit Chance Stewart from Michigan, has now decommitted from the Badgers & opened up his recruitment. Currently, his only other offer is from Western Michigan but is getting his Michigan State, Iowa, & Purdue. He's been committed to Wisconsin since August but had very little contact with them since Bielma left. He & the current staff, has agreed moving forward his best option was to reopen his recruitment.

McKinley (TX) 2014 WR T.V. Williams picked up an offer from UK. Williams is considered burner & small in stature but a great option in the spread offense. He also has offers from California, Houston, Nebraska & Texas State. He's gotten interest from Baylor, LSU, Oklahoma State, Oregon, SMU, TCU, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, & UTSA.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/kentucky/footbal...RQAqkvsZB4

This is the offer for a Texas kid from UK. UK has been busy combing the other state for talent on the Eastern half of the US. Expect UK to offer some more Texas kids as they pick up tips on, kids they have good relationships with or relationships with the high school coaching staffs.

UK is high on Tampa, FL OT Ray Raulerson but has yet to offer. However, don't be surprised if they do in the near future. He has offers from Boston College, Cincinnati, UCONN, LA Lafayette, Louisville, Marshall, Missouri, Rutgers, USF, UCF, & Wake Forest. He's also gotten interest from Indiana, Miami(FL), Michigan State, & NC State.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/re...son-137183

I think I've mentioned this kid before but I'll expand on him again. Safety Kobie Walker from Our Lady of Good Counsel in Olney, MD is planning a trip to UK's Spring game. He's gotten offers from Boston College, Hawaii, NC State, Oklahoma State, & Wisconsin. He's also garnered interest from Maryland, Penn State, Vandy, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, & WVU. He has an offer from UK, which happens to be the closest school to him that he has an offer from.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/re...ker-127758

Galion, OH ATH Dareian Watkins who is the cousin of UK OL Teven Eatmon-Nared, would like to have his commitment in before May 1st.

4* WR Derek Kief from Cincinnati La Salle will not join Mikel Horton or George Brown this weekend at Louisville or Tennessee, whichever Brown decides. Kief will be visiting Northwestern.

UK offered 2015 TE/DE Garrett Williams from Orlando's First Academy (FL). Williams is very solid rising sophomore. He currently also has offers from Clemson, Florida State, & Virginia as well as interest from Ohio State.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/re...ams-142071
Blue Chrome handing out likes, like no body's business. Much oblige friend.

UK has offered Tampa, FL (Alonso) TE Marcus Mosely. He has offers from Louisville, Marshall, Ohio, South Alabama, & Syracuse. He also has interest from Florida, Georgia Tech, Indiana, & USF. He's focused in on his three BCS schools in UK, Louisville, & Syracuse. The two bluegrass state schools seem to have the upperhand on the Cuse. At 6'4" 210 lbs., he isn't as large as Ethan Wolf or Daryl Long but he definitely fits the role as athletic, hands guy with the ability to flex out & do somethings in a spread offense.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/re...hhIGFIPZB4

Largo, FL RB Jarvis Stewart really likes RB coach Chad Scott but seems to want to stay close to home. If he leaves Florida but it seems right now that UCF & USF lead for his services due to his desire to stay home.

St. Petersburg, FL OL Isaiah Wynn & Tampa Catholic (FL) safety T.J. Harrell are two talents out of Florida that remains high on UK's wishlist. It'll be hard for UK to land either, because they both have garnered so much attention including Florida, FSU, & Miami (FL). However, UK is in good standing for both especially Harrell as he has a good relationship with Chad Scott & is actually kin to him.

Ohio State commit OL Marcelys Jones from Cleveland, OH (Glenville) picked up an offer from UK. He also has offers from Alabama, Florida State, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas State, Maryland, Michigan State, Ohio, UCF, & UCLA as well as interest from Cincinnati. He's also said that his next visit will be to UK. He has a lot of respect for Vince Marrow.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ohiostate/footba...nes-143180

UK football is on the verge of good news & are expecting. Apparently, it's not just a little good news but four items of good news. This should occur within the next month or so. It's been said many times that 4* WR Thaddeus Snodgrass has given his silent commitment to UK. Many believe he'll be a verbal solid commit by then end of March.
4* RB Justin Jackson from Carol Stream, IL (Glenbard North) is close to picking up an offer from UK. He's highly interested in UK & at 6' 175 lbs., surprisingly he's not an outside runner. He's a very smart kid & has a high football IQ. He has offers from Boston College, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Minnesota, Northwestern, Purdue, Syracuse, Toledo & Vandy. He's also gotten interest from Maryland, Nebraska, Oregon, & Wisconsin.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/re...bXoB5IPZB4

UK offered Glen Ellyn (Glenbard West) OL Eric Shute tonight. He also has offers from Illinois, NC State, Syracuse, & Toledo. He's gotten interest from Indiana, Minnesota, & Northern Illinois, as well.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/re...ute-144615
Olney, MD (Our Lady of Good Counsel) safety Kobie Walker has confirmed he will be visiting for UK's spring game & has said he's been talking with WR's coach Tommy Mainord a lot lately.

UK offered Tampa, FL (Alonso) OL Gary Brown, last night. Brown, has made plans to visit for the spring game as well, & hopefully it won't take too much persuading to get his teammate TE target Marcus Mosely to come along. Brown has offers from Marshall, Ohio, & USF. He's garnered interest from Georgia Tech, Indiana, Iowa State, Miami(FL), Rutgers, & Vandy.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/re...own-147632
Galion, OH 4* ATH Dareian Watkins & cousin of UK OL Teven Eatmon-Nared, has trimmed his list to 5 schools. UK wasn't involved & he's down to Illinois, Indiana, Northwestern, Michigan State, & Louisville.
Been hearing that "...someone committed to another school has contacted Kentucky". Could that be Marcelys Jones?
Blue Chrome Wrote:Been hearing that "...someone committed to another school has contacted Kentucky". Could that be Marcelys Jones?

Yeap that's who you're hearing about.
The rest of the SEC might as well quit!!!!!!!!
bear claw Wrote:The rest of the SEC might as well quit!!!!!!!!

Wow now, I don't know about all of that. We are still in the best conference in the country with teams that some NFL teams are envious of.

UK has offered Mt. Lebanon, PA WR Tony Apke, he is the teammate of fellow UK offeree OL Alex Bookser. Apke is apparently a burner & at 6'2" he's a big play guy. He also has offers from Bowling Green, Georgia Tech, Minnesota, Penn State, Pitt, & Toledo. He's also gotten attention from Cincinnati, Indiana, Maryland, Rutgers, Virginia, & WVU.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/re...pke-144033
2015 Cincinnati Colerain TE/OL George Brown has confirmed he will be at the spring game.

2014 4* Westerville Central (OH) OL Nick Richardson is on campus today with his parents & will be around tomorrow including to watch the UK basketball game.

2014 Winter Garden, FL (West Orange) WR Garrett Johnson picked up an offer from UK & they really seem to like him. He also has offers from Arizona, Boston College, UConn, Georgia Tech, Marshall, Northwestern, & USF. He's also gotten interest from Florida, Louisville, Rutgers, & Wake Forest.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/kentucky/footbal...8MM4gvsZB4

Another Florida WR is emerging in George Rushing from Ft. Lauderdale's Cardinal Gibbons. The staff is making plans to visit him this spring. While he doesn't have an offer from UK he does from Appalachian State, Cincinnati, Eastern Michigan, Marshall, Miami(OH), Ole Miss, Ohio, Toledo, & Western Michigan. He's also drawn interest from Bowling Green, Indiana, & Washington State.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/kentucky/footbal...zD13MvsZB4

Another WR prospect that UK's staff has their eyes on is Charles Standberry from Montogomery, Alabama's Carver. This is the also the same school of UK offeree 4* LB Shaun Dion Hamilton. Standberry claims he's always liked UK. His only offer is Southern Miss but he's also gotten interest from Arkansas State, Auburn, LSU, Ole Miss, & UCLA.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/kentucky/footbal...zD13MvsZB4

Bradley Dale Peveto has been in contact with 2014 kicker A.J. Wells from Bueno Vista, GA (Marion County). As it appears UK is looking to add a specialist to this class, whether the interest is for a scholarship or a preferred walk-on spot it is yet to be seen. Wells is also drawing interest from Indiana.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/kentucky/footbal...N37YkvsZB4

Plant City, FL OL Montel McBride has picked up an offer from UK & described his conversation with Chad Scott as "amazing". That's a good sign for UK but he also has offers from FIU, FSU, Ohio, USF, & UCF as well as interest from Florida. It appears as now if he leaves the state he's UK bound.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/kentucky/footbal...At.5UvsZB4

UK is eying another target at center in Worthington, OH (Kilbourne) Joe Schick. He's a bit undersized but UK is showing interest & he wants to visit. His only other interest is from Northern Illinois & he has no offers.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/kentucky/footbal...5Eu.4vsZB4

The Cats are also keeping a close eye on Columbus, OH (Westerville South) WR Torrodd Carter. The staff plans to evaluate his film soon & make a decision about offering. He's sort of flying under the radar but schools are starting to take notice. While he has no offers he has interest from Ball State, Boston College, Bowling Green, Duke, Indiana, Minnesota, Oklahoma State, Pitt, Toledo, & WVU.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/kentucky/footbal...BdhZEvsZB4

UK has been talking with Jackson, AL Dual Threat QB & ATH Matthew Jordan. UK has invited him to visit & he is likely to do so soon. He has an offer from Memphis but Alabama has also shown interest.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/kentucky/footbal...W0HqcvsZB4
Also on campus today is 2015 Westerville South (OH) OL Rob Dowdy. The sophomore who measured in at 6'7" 280 lbs. was a surprise visitor. Indiana is his only offer but he also has interest from Georgia Tech, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Penn State, & Wisconsin. It isn't clear whether he came with Nick Richardson but he is also the teammate of the aforementioned WR Torrodd Carter.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/re...wdy-144878
With lots of new offers out it's a good time to bring everything back together and see where UK stands with everyone.

Quarterback
Drew Barker - UK still feels good. South Carolina still in it. Will set spring visits soon.

Overview
: Barker is the only QB UK has offered. Staff is evaluating others to protect themselves but still want Barker to be the guy. Still looks like late April, early May decision.

Running Back
Tony James - One of the 'speed' backs UK likes. Too early to gauge genuine interest.
Trevon Paulk - I'm hearing he likes Tennessee, Clemson and Ole Miss.
Mikel Horton - Visiting Louisville this weekend. Recent FSU offer opened everything up. UK feels good. Will be at spring game.
Adam Choice - Long shot, Georgia leads.
Stanley Williams - Pretty solid with UGA but a few other SEC schools have caught his eye. Would be a long shot.
Justin Jackson - UK is among top four or five favorites. Good, growing relationship with Scott. BC, N'Western among others.
Jonathan Haden - Comes from huge football family. UK one of many spring visits he will take.
Kamryn Pettway - Already flipped once (FSU to Auburn). UK will continue to recruit. Another big back.
Jarvis Stewart - UK is his favorite "out of state" school.

Overview
: Horton, Jackson, Haden, Stewart are the four UK is in the best shape with right now. More offers cold go out soon. UK will take one or two running backs. If they take a big back, they'll also take a speed guy.

Wide Receiver
Drake Harris - Kentucky has made a big push and has his attention. But Michigan, Michigan State are most likely landing spots.
Demarre Kitt - Ohio State, Clemson lead.
Johnnie Dixon - Very likely ends up at a Florida school or an Alabama school.
Braxton Berrios - Has interest in UK but he's tougher to read; doesn't talk to coaches as much. Think he likes UNC, South Carolina; knows other offers are coming.
Blake Bone - Tough read but UK wants to get him in for a visit.
Artavis Scott - Probably a long shot.
Thaddeus Snodgrass - Looks good. Will leave it at that.
Troy Apke - Was excited by recent UK offer. Guy has height and is a burner. Will likely visit. Bookser's teammate.
Kendrick Holland - Recently offered by UofL. Told me via text UK still leads.
Dominique Booth - Seems to be a little less of a priority for this staff.
Derek Kief - Trying to do some digging. Really blowing up and I think he's pretty open-minded.
Austin Roberts - Just picked up Alabama offer. Visiting Florida schools and Ohio State in April.
Isaiah Ford - Know he really likes UF and FSU.
Garrett Johnson - Great spread guy; think UK could conceivably be a darkhorse.
T.V. Williams - One of few early Texas targets; UK was first SEC offer. Nebraska, Cal among other contenders.

Overview: What immediately jumps out is how high Kentucky is aiming here. Almost all 'elite' players that will be national recruiting battles. Probably a good strategy. Given the staff's track record and the system they're selling they can get the three-star types. JMO.

Tight end
Darryl Long - UK really feels good. Really good.
Ethan Wolf - Kentucky in the mix but probably doesn't feel quite as good about Wolf as they do about Long.
Marcus Mosely - Kentucky, Louisville, Syracuse lead. His teammate, Gary Brown, is visiting for spring game. Interesting to see if Mosely makes the trip, too.

Overview
: Kentucky will take one or two tight ends. Things look very good with Long. Hearing UK is also targeting some 'national' guys but want to keep those quiet it seems.

Offensive line
Alex Bars - Probably a long shot.
Reilly Gibbons - Too early to gauge interest.
Nick Richardson - Visiting very soon with parents. Will be interesting to see how trip goes.
Alex Bookser - UK really likes this guy and UK was first SEC offer.
Ja'Merez Bowen - Could have some work to do academically but really likes UK and the love they've shown.
Alex Dalton - UK probably in good shape along with Indiana.
Ray Raulerson - Was ecstatic over UK offer. Visiting Northeast schools next week.
Isaiah Wynn - This kid is a monster. New offer every day it seems. Will gauge once dust clears.
Nolan Kelleher - UK would probably be top five but Georgia Tech leads. Engineering is big.
Orlando Brown - Long shot.
Corey Martinez - Really haven't heard too much about him.
Marcelys Jones - UK making a strong play, could be No. 2 behind the Buckeyes and rising.
Jarrett LaRubbio - One source told me that UK believes they can have him but want to see how they fare with other options rated a little higher first.
Montel McBride - Recent offer in Florida, too early to gauge interest.
Eric Shute - NCSU has made big impression but it's early, UK just offered.
Brian Allen - Getting him out of Big Ten will be a chore but UK really impressed him so far.

Overview
: UK is in pretty good with the Ohio guys. Could likely get Dalton, LaRubbio, but want to see how they fare with some Florida guys (Wynn, Raulerson, etc) as well as Jones and others.
The Blue Blur Wrote:Also on campus today is 2015 Westerville South (OH) OL Rob Dowdy. The sophomore who measured in at 6'7" 280 lbs. was a surprise visitor. Indiana is his only offer but he also has interest from Georgia Tech, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Penn State, & Wisconsin. It isn't clear whether he came with Nick Richardson but he is also the teammate of the aforementioned WR Torrodd Carter.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/re...wdy-144878

Dowdy picked up an offer this afternoon from UK.
UK also offer Nashville, TN (Ensworth) DT Michael Sawyers today. He also has offers from Arizona State, Georgia Tech, Louisville, Ole Miss, Missouri, Vandy & Washington State. He's also gotten interest from Arkansas, Duke, LSU, Mississippi State, UNC, NC State, Tennessee, & Virginia.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiti...ers-142391
4* WR Thaddeus Snodgrass from Springfield, OH will be on campus tomorrow morning. Likely will be at the basketball game.
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next