Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jodie Meeks to Stay in Draft
i just want anyone to come from the STATE of KY to do good including t-will. i just know we're going to commit a crime next season.......by killing the state bird. (in both sports)
beasy_bo Wrote:i just want anyone to come from the STATE of KY to do good including t-will. i just know we're going to commit a crime next season.......by killing the state bird. (in both sports)

Football and lacrosse...lol...thats the onlything you will beat us in
I read some places that Meeks will be taken in the late first round.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Chad Ford's mock draft on ESPN.com has Meeks going the last pick of the draft. Bad mistake on his part. Can you say Randolph Morris?
Shady Grady Wrote:Chad Ford's mock draft on ESPN.com has Meeks going the last pick of the draft. Bad mistake on his part. Can you say Randolph Morris?

Why is it a mistake? Jodie's role in the NBA will be a shooter. One more year in college is not change that. So what other benefit for Jodie's draft value be increased by staying another year in college?
theVILLE Wrote:Football and lacrosse...lol...thats the onlything you will beat us in

and BASKETBALL.
Did he hire a agent yet?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
I always recommend college players staying all four years to get a degree as a backup plan.
cuppett777 Wrote:and BASKETBALL.

:blabbermo
With all these trade rumors going around, you can never tell what is going to happen Thursday.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cougarpride08 Wrote:Did he hire a agent yet?

Latest word from Jodie was that he would not hire an agent unless he is picked in the first round. If he is picked in the first round, he gets guaranteed money, which makes sense to hire an agent to get the best signing bonus available. Plus, he is slotted into a salary regardless of whether he makes the team or not.
also if he doesn't get hired at all then he can come back to UK if he doesn't hire a agent.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cougarpride08 Wrote:also if he doesn't get hired at all then he can come back to UK if he doesn't hire a agent.

Within 30 days of the draft, yes.
I sure he won't wait 30 days. If he doesn't get drafted I think he will go back immediately.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

I think that you all need to get over it meeks is gone and not coming back....he went to the NBA with out and agent and passed the deadline up...he is gone
Things has to fall perfectly for Meeks to come back, but I have written him off to the NBA. Lets move on, the people we have on the team will be enough.
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
I understand what you are saying, but I think with so many people saying he isn't going to be too high in the draft, do you think if he don't get drafted he will go overseas or will he come back to school?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

I think if Meeks goes undrafted he will go overseas.
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
You don't think Coach Cal wouldn't help him to be a better ball player?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cougarpride08 Wrote:You don't think Coach Cal wouldn't help him to be a better ball player?

I don't see in any shape form or fashion that Meeks draft status would be higher niext year than it is this year. Meeks was the show for UK this past season. He will not be the show this coming season. He will be the guy without the ball in a dribble drive offense. Our offense (which I like by the way), is meant for the PG to run the show, penetrate and shoot or dish inside, with dish inside being the first option, shooting a layup as the 2nd option or kicking as the 3rd option. The 3 is responsible for getting back on D and the 4 and 5 work the paint, with the 2 in position.
I understand now, thanks for clearing that up Stardust.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

well his numbers wont be better overall but remember what coach cal said the numbers in accordance with how many minutes you play. if he is putting up 15 in 20- 25 mins a game compared to 23 in 40 he will be seen as better. thats what he needs more than anything is to learn how to dribble. he has everything else besides height which i guess we could put high heels on him lol....
beasy_bo Wrote:well his numbers wont be better overall but remember what coach cal said the numbers in accordance with how many minutes you play. if he is putting up 15 in 20- 25 mins a game compared to 23 in 40 he will be seen as better. thats what he needs more than anything is to learn how to dribble. he has everything else besides height which i guess we could put high heels on him lol....

BCG tried to put hi-heels on him and ride him around the locker room.....
Can't be guarantee when you go overseas, but going back to another year of college and play in another season will get more national attention and due to the fact he has already went through the draft process he could sign with any team.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cougarpride08 Wrote:Can't be guarantee when you go overseas, but going back to another year of college and play in another season will get more national attention and due to the fact he has already went through the draft process he could sign with any team.

I assume you mean if he doesn't get drafted?
cougarpride08 Wrote:I sure he won't wait 30 days. If he doesn't get drafted I think he will go back immediately.

WITHIN 30 days of the draft....not 30 days after the draft
C.Clair Wrote:I think if Meeks goes undrafted he will go overseas.

If meeks is so good why is he worrying about been drafted???
theVILLE Wrote:If meeks is so good why is he worrying about been drafted???

Ville, when did you hear Meeks say he was worried about being drafted?
If I were Meeks, I would be worried.
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Think Meeks is started to second guess his decision now?