Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mr Jones needs to meet coach carter?
First thing is Mr Jones is Kentucky's best big man. He has played very good but watching him after he scores reminds me of the movie Coach Carter. Remember in the movie how coach carter got on his players for gloating after every single basket scored. Really funny how coach Carter even brags how good he can tie his shoes. Now when Jones scores is it me or does he stop and stick out his chest and stop for a split second before getting back on defense. I saw calipari getting in his face after scoring and then getting beat by three steps on the other end after he did his little celebration. Tonight against Washington we cannot beat them unless we play better defense and Mr Jones needs to save the celebrating until after the game is over. I mean you can get excited after a basket but every single time? At the same time without Mr Jones, Kentucky would really be hurting underneath. I like this team. They seem to want to be taught how to win it all. I call him Mr Jones because his demeanor on the floor demands it. i like his toughness.
This was funny. He kinda looks like Tye Crane, lol.
catwoman Wrote:First thing is Mr Jones is Kentucky's best big man. He has played very good but watching him after he scores reminds me of the movie Coach Carter. Remember in the movie how coach carter got on his players for gloating after every single basket scored. Really funny how coach Carter even brags how good he can tie his shoes. Now when Jones scores is it me or does he stop and stick out his chest and stop for a split second before getting back on defense. I saw calipari getting in his face after scoring and then getting beat by three steps on the other end after he did his little celebration. Tonight against Washington we cannot beat them unless we play better defense and Mr Jones needs to save the celebrating until after the game is over. I mean you can get excited after a basket but every single time? At the same time without Mr Jones, Kentucky would really be hurting underneath. I like this team. They seem to want to be taught how to win it all. I call him Mr Jones because his demeanor on the floor demands it. i like his toughness.

Catwoman, I couldn't have said it any better. Nothing annoys me more than gloating or taunting. No, I never saw him taunting but his "stare downs" after each bucket was downright annoying to watch. He has great skills and a great player but keep the celebrating to a minimum. This is a team game, not a showboating event.