Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County 28 Danville 7
Boyle turnovers kept this from being very ugly.

Danville had less than 50 yards of offense with their TD coming on a kickoff return.

Boyle has to play a lot better on offense and kickoff return team. Defense is getting better. 20 wins in a row.

Next up Lafayette.
Radio stats were Danville 46 yards to Boyles 406. Didn't catch the total turnovers but it was Boyle 3 and Danville 2 at halftime.
Wow good job on D . O needs to step it up.
mrb5150 Wrote:Wow good job on D . O needs to step it up.

From what I heard you are correct. They had over 400 yards offense but turnovers killed them and kept them from pouring on points.
congrats to Boyle
The game was in no way as close as the final score would indicate.turnovers,and penalties were the story line of the game for Boyle.this defense gave up 39 yds last week,and 46yds.tonight but some say there no where near as good as last year.when you hold Danville to 46 total yds.your defense is dominating.the rain really hamperd both teams tonight.Boyle had 5 turnovers according to the guys on the radio.
Jack Lambert Wrote:The game was in no way as close as the final score would indicate.turnovers,and penalties were the story line of the game for Boyle.this defense gave up 39 yds last week,and 46yds.tonight but some say there no where near as good as last year.when you hold Danville to 46 total yds.your defense is dominating.the rain really hamperd both teams tonight.Boyle had 5 turnovers according to the guys on the radio.

I agree. The score is not as close as it seems. Boyle County was clearly the better team. No disrespect to Danville.
I never expected the game to be this close but as previously stated I guess the Rebels had several turnovers. But, a win is still a win! Congrats Boyle Co!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Congrats Rebels!
kyrocklover Wrote:Boyle turnovers kept this from being very ugly.

Danville had less than 50 yards of offense with their TD coming on a kickoff return.

Boyle has to play a lot better on offense and kickoff return team. Defense is getting better. 20 wins in a row.

Next up Lafayette.

They gave up one last week and one tonight. I said all along that Boyle County needs to keep squib kicking because no matter where that offense gets the ball they will have no luck moving the ball. Boyle County has got their defense back. Can't wait to see how Lafayette does against the Rebels defense. :popcorn:
I had Danville going deep in the playoffs. This is three weeks in a row of proving I was way off
Jack Lambert Wrote:The game was in no way as close as the final score would indicate.turnovers,and penalties were the story line of the game for Boyle.this defense gave up 39 yds last week,and 46yds.tonight but some say there no where near as good as last year.when you hold Danville to 46 total yds.your defense is dominating.the rain really hamperd both teams tonight.Boyle had 5 turnovers according to the guys on the radio.

But did they hold Danville to 40 yards rushing???

Afterall the mighty Rockastle Rock did in a 40 point loss and that's what's most important, right? :biggrin::1:
Another impressive performance by the D-line. Thielemann clogged the middle, Wilson and McGilligan controlled the outsides. Even though we have great linebackers (nothing taken away from those guys) our front line is one of the primary reasons we are 4-0. I hope all of the D1 coaches that have been in to see Lamar have also taken notice of some of the other guys.
Closer than I expected. Congrats Boyle Co.