Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryle NKY "Big Schools"
I recently saw something on another site stating Ryle hasn't been strong in 6a in NKY. So I took the liberty to rant on here and post there records against the other "big" (5a/6a) schools in the top 5 counties since 1998.

A combined record of 49-33 vs Campbell/SK/Dixie/Conner/Boone/Cooper
11-10 98-02
38-23 03-present
4-1 in playoffs vs District oppenents

Ryle vs SK
12 - 5

Ryle vs Campbell
11 - 4

Ryle vs Dixie
6 - 8

Ryle vs Conner
9 - 6

Ryle vs Boone
7 - 9

Ryle vs Cooper
4 - 1
They've been a pretty tough customer as far as I remember. I don't know what the football climate is like in Union, but I'm guessing this year is just their turn to be down somewhat. I think they'll beat Boone, though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Cannon Still Roars.....
Hoping their struggles against Dixie continue Confusednicker:

Interesting how they've had middle school and freshmen success in recent years. However, it's not carrying over to the varsity.

There's a disconnect which I'm sure has caused the Raider faithful to question the programs leadership and for good reason. The post Elliot era has been difficult on Ryle.

As I've said before 6A in NKY is a crapshoot and very unpredictable. The powers that be may have to flip a coin to determine the district winner this season.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
I remember going to Ryle and losing my senior year.
It was our only regular season loss. It seemed as though Ryle always had a pretty tough team, and a lot of numbers. On a 4th and a mile, our 330 pound punter decided to be Herschel Walker and take off with it. There wasnt but a minute or two left in the game, and all we had to do was get a good punt off and hold steady, but he took off with noone around and Ryle got the ball back on our 25 or 30 and scored to win the game as time ran out.

Ryle always seems to have plenty of potential. Hopefully that continues.
Ryle's success at developmental levels of football is misleading. Ryle takes a more competitive attitude towards freshman and jv ball than other programs. I was at a jv game against SK last year. SK passed the ball regularly, but the pass blocking was not very good. The QB was under pressure all day. Ryle strictly ran the ball and won the game.

However, when the day was done, the OL learned something about pass blocking, the receivers learned to come back to the QB when the pocket broke down, the rb learned to block blitzing lbs and the QB learned to continue his reads under pressure.

In my mind, the latter is more important than the w.
^that all falls under the constant up and down seasons Ryle had except they usually aren't as down as they have been the last two season. The junior class and the sophomore class are two very strong classes for the Ryle program. Y

Youth is the Raiders problem this year similar to how it was for SK 2 seasons ago. Ryle should return towards the top next season as some of the juniors wil be 3 year starters and just greater exp overall.
This freshman class has proved as we'll to be an extremely strong group. I will say that there will be changes to the varisty offense if they do not start winning because of the parents of that freshman group. There are a very close group and are used to success.
I know ppl are already going after Warner in Union.
IMO no decisions should be made till the end of the season. Warner has a history of these up and down years but I like what he has built at Ryle and after the 2010 season I think he learned he has to have a passing game to compete with the schools from Louisville. I think he could return to dominance next year the question is will the other folks in Union give him that much time.
Pick6 Wrote:Ryle's success at developmental levels of football is misleading. Ryle takes a more competitive attitude towards freshman and jv ball than other programs. I was at a jv game against SK last year. SK passed the ball regularly, but the pass blocking was not very good. The QB was under pressure all day. Ryle strictly ran the ball and won the game.

However, when the day was done, the OL learned something about pass blocking, the receivers learned to come back to the QB when the pocket broke down, the rb learned to block blitzing lbs and the QB learned to continue his reads under pressure.

In my mind, the latter is more important than the w.

Good point. This years senior class was 3-5 as freshman.
NKY VS NKY

Ranked by fewest losses:

1. Highlands 26-1 (only loss to Ryle in 2010)
2. Simon Kenton 27-10 (ZERO games versus Highlands or CovCath in that stretch)
3. CovCath 23-11 (7 losses to Highlands / 2 losses to Ryle ['09 and '10] and 1 to Conner & NewCath)
4. Beechwood 31-14
5. Conner 26-14
6. Ryle 26-15 (their record of 3-8 since August of 2012 has dropped them considerably)
7. NewCath 29-16
8. Cooper 18-23
9. Boone 10-24
10. Dixie 18-27 (they, Beechwood, and NewCath have played the most games vs NoKY teams in the span)
TNT-MB1 Wrote:I recently saw something on another site stating Ryle hasn't been strong in 6a in NKY. So I took the liberty to rant on here and post there records against the other "big" (5a/6a) schools in the top 5 counties since 1998.

A combined record of 53 - 40 vs Campbell/SK/Dixie/Conner/Boone/Cooper
11-10 98-02
42 - 30 03-present
4 -2 in playoffs vs District oppenents

Ryle vs SK
12 - 7

Ryle vs Campbell
12 - 5

Ryle vs Dixie
6 - 11

Ryle vs Conner
10 - 6

Ryle vs Boone
9 - 9

Ryle vs Cooper
4 - 2

Updated
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I remember going to Ryle and losing my senior year.
It was our only regular season loss. It seemed as though Ryle always had a pretty tough team, and a lot of numbers. On a 4th and a mile, our 330 pound punter decided to be Herschel Walker and take off with it. There wasnt but a minute or two left in the game, and all we had to do was get a good punt off and hold steady, but he took off with noone around and Ryle got the ball back on our 25 or 30 and scored to win the game as time ran out.

Ryle always seems to have plenty of potential. Hopefully that continues.
The punter was no Jared Lorenzen Confusednicker:
0-3 against SK the last 3 years.
In recent years, yes, Ryle is not the bellcow of NKY 6A. I don't think that is a secret nor should offense be taken. TNT, you have to admit that Ryle has not been a leader of 6A football in the past three years. With records of 5-7 (2-3 District), 2-9 (1-3), 3-8 (1-3) they have dropped off considerably from the teams that dominated the competition in NKY 6A. History is just that, History! I think it is fair to say that The Raiders have gone in the wrong direction.

Now, do I think this team is closer to the past three years than the previous 10? I think they will always be closer to the team that dominated NKY 6A than what we have seen. They have the student body and athletes, the money, and the support to get this team back on track. All it takes is one good class to get it all changed. So, I don't look at Ryle as a bad football team, I just look at them as having a few lean years and they will be back.
Ryle should show improvement with the new coaching staff in place.
Tanner Morgan will bring success to Ryle.
bac2369 Wrote:Tanner Morgan will bring success to Ryle.

http://www.nkytribune.com/?p=16910
How has morgan looked in the 7 on 7?
bac2369 Wrote:Tanner Morgan will bring success to Ryle.

Scotty_Bronson Wrote:How has morgan looked in the 7 on 7?

Today they are 2-1 they lost to HC in overtime to a interception. He has thrown alot of touchdowns though. O'hara is also playing qb.
Id say he will adjust find. Defenses are a little better with fewer kids playing two ways for the bigger schools. Look foward to hearing of his development. Is O'hara a senior?
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Id say he will adjust find. Defenses are a little better with fewer kids playing two ways for the bigger schools. Look foward to hearing of his development. Is O'hara a senior?

O'hara is a Junior.
Ryle went 2-2 at UK today.