Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time for a change
Well, some of you may remember me and yes I am still in the military waiting for my retirement which is now complete (sot they say) except for the signatures and a couple of lose ends. This has been a two year process. As you know, I am going back to coaching. Had my chance last year and it was not meant to be and I am glad those kids did a great job. I am the finalist in two jobs right now and from the posts hoping another would come open to throw my hat in for. Its time for me to teach young men about values; honor, integrity, selfless-service, and to develop character in them that will make them successful in their lives. As for the rest, if you do that, winning will take care of itself. Mission Statement: To build confidence, self esteem, and a feeling of contribution within each player and that is just the tip of the iceberg, as they say. God bless each and everyone of you and may HE lead you to above all else lead you to make your student-athletes, athletes of CHARACTER.
What job are you a finalist for?
how about Perry Central??
Mountain Warrior Wrote:Well, some of you may remember me and yes I am still in the military waiting for my retirement which is now complete (sot they say) except for the signatures and a couple of lose ends. This has been a two year process. As you know, I am going back to coaching. Had my chance last year and it was not meant to be and I am glad those kids did a great job. I am the finalist in two jobs right now and from the posts hoping another would come open to throw my hat in for. Its time for me to teach young men about values; honor, integrity, selfless-service, and to develop character in them that will make them successful in their lives. As for the rest, if you do that, winning will take care of itself. Mission Statement: To build confidence, self esteem, and a feeling of contribution within each player and that is just the tip of the iceberg, as they say. God bless each and everyone of you and may HE lead you to above all else lead you to make your student-athletes, athletes of CHARACTER.
I know a school where the values you profess are greatly needed. We are in the process of loosing one group of could have been good kids and have an excellent group waiting in the wings ,just to be lost to transfer or whatever else. "Spirit De Corps" would be a good start. However due to adult self serving ego, all appears lost. What could have been a decent team has turned into a program catastrophe. Being prior military I certainly could not reccomend this program to you . With these ideas there certainly a slot for you.
What program wouldnt want him?
sheriff Wrote:What program wouldnt want him?

:Thumbs:
Good luck wherever you end up. Sounds like you have the kids best interest at heart.
Mountain Warrior Wrote:Well, some of you may remember me and yes I am still in the military waiting for my retirement which is now complete (sot they say) except for the signatures and a couple of lose ends. This has been a two year process. As you know, I am going back to coaching. Had my chance last year and it was not meant to be and I am glad those kids did a great job. I am the finalist in two jobs right now and from the posts hoping another would come open to throw my hat in for. Its time for me to teach young men about values; honor, integrity, selfless-service, and to develop character in them that will make them successful in their lives. As for the rest, if you do that, winning will take care of itself. Mission Statement: To build confidence, self esteem, and a feeling of contribution within each player and that is just the tip of the iceberg, as they say. God bless each and everyone of you and may HE lead you to above all else lead you to make your student-athletes, athletes of CHARACTER.

henry county open
sheriff Wrote:What program wouldnt want him?

:Thumbs:
Outstanding! This should be required reading for all coaches at any level. Just when I thought true coaches were a thing of the past along comes a breath of fresh air.

Alot of high school kids could use your guidance, i know i am one of them. Good luck where ever you end up
With respect to the schools, I want mention their names but one is in Florida and there are two of us left as finalist and I have finished my interview process. Really, not sure about moving because I love Kentucky, even though it is beautiful down there and the warm weather does wonders for me.
^ Coach i wish you the best of luck where ever you wind up and hope you are doing ok and may god bless you
If a school is truly committed to doing away with the "win at all cost" philosophy and teaching young men that if you do the right things, for the right reasons, and work hard, then winning and losing will take care of itself. As for me, I would be interested in a school that supports that. In addition, I believe you build programs and not a just a team. To many coaches want to build a great team for a year or two and use it as a stepping block for greener pastures. That is just not for me. Appreciate all the kind words and God bless each of you.
That is very admirable from you sir. Sounds like there needs to be a lot more with your enthusiasm for discipline and structure. Coach Carter is trying to put that into effect here at Jackson County. From what he says in the papers and to the athelets he is a man of the same philosophy and way of life. If you weren't looking for a head coaching job somewhere then you would be wanted at Jackson County.
I totally agree, Coach Carter is a great man and will do great things for Jackson County's young men.
Who are the assistants at Jackson Co?
Edwin Allin, who has been at SW Pulaski and North Laurel and a couple of guys from Bell County, Terry Howard and Jordan Marcum. I believe this is correct.