Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Ridge gets Florida Transfer
Austin Phillips is the newest memeber of the tribe. Wait until you see this kid. He definitely looks like a stud linebacker/full back. More info to come later. He starts practice on monday.
lol does this kid know that East Ridge has no football history, nor have they ever won over 5 games in a season.

Not making fun but why would this kid pass up LCC, PCC , Belfry , Shelby Valley, to move into the East Ridge district.
1st of all looks can be deceiving. 2nd kind of late to start practicing.
Probably because his dad lives at Mouthcard. Transfers at many schools are recruits but sometimes a person actually does move.
Is this another 6'9 96 pound kid for ER or is he legit?
I dont know his football background but he visits his dad every summer and I guess he is going to stay. Just from appearences he is very athletic looking. His dad was a very athletic basketball player at Feds Creek.
Isnt ER the same school that was bragging about a bunch of guys that came out and started playing that had never played football before? I'll believe that this kid is good when I hear some unbiased opinions.
alright i know this kid hes an ox he benches like 345 and squtes 425
and with him in the backfield with casey and lewis they might just have the best back field in the mountans !!
E.ridge Wrote:alright i know this kid hes an ox he benches like 345 and squtes 425
and with him in the backfield with casey and lewis they might just have the best back field in the mountans !!

:thatsfunn
dont forget about stiltner he is a 3 year starter he is a ox him self dont count him out.
Was it East Ridge that this time last year said that everyone in their backfield ran a sub 4.5 40?
This should have never been posted.
i love how you all know how good he is and you never watched him play football before..
I want some of what that guy is smoking:please: Best backfield in the mountains,Thats really funny:thanks:Thanks dude I really needed a laugh. I guess you hav'ent watched J.C.,Sheldon Clark, L.C., Belpry ETC. If E.R. has a top 6 backfield in the Mtn's. I'll :HitWall:
Real Badman Wrote:This should have never been posted.

Agree with this.
Ricky Bobby Wrote:I want some of what that guy is smoking:please: Best backfield in the mountains,Thats really funny:thanks:Thanks dude I really needed a laugh. I guess you hav'ent watched J.C.,Sheldon Clark, L.C., Belpry ETC. If E.R. has a top 6 backfield in the Mtn's. I'll :HitWall:

I agree 100%. The list keeps going too. Bell County and Rockcastle. :Clap:
Its good for all of the ER faithful to be optimistic.....but these running backs they have coming back didnt rush for 1000 yards each last year.....They were not a good group of backs last season, they might be more mature this season, but they still wont have a whole lot of talent regardless.

ER will have the 5th best backfield in Pike county....only better than Phelps
UKFootball Wrote:Its good for all of the ER faithful to be optimistic.....but these running backs they have coming back didnt rush for 1000 yards each last year.....They were not a good group of backs last season, they might be more mature this season, but they still wont have a whole lot of talent regardless.

yea they did rush over 1,000 yards..idk the right number but this is close
patrick casey-1500
lewis-1200
bryan casey-500
mike stiltner-350
UKFootball Wrote:Its good for all of the ER faithful to be optimistic.....but these running backs they have coming back didnt rush for 1000 yards each last year.....They were not a good group of backs last season, they might be more mature this season, but they still wont have a whole lot of talent regardless.

beleive what you want but i have seen films and the stats both dalton lewis and patrick casey rushed for over 1200 yds a peace
notourious121 Wrote:beleive what you want but i have seen films and the stats both dalton lewis and patrick casey rushed for over 1200 yds a peace

How many yards did those guys have against Belfry, Pike Central, and Sheldon Clark's 1st String Defenses?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:How many yards did those guys have against Belfry, Pike Central, and Sheldon Clark's 1st String Defenses?

alright you got me there with belfry and pcc but how many points did they put up on sheldon clark some where around 30 i beleive.
So East Ridge had multiple 1200 yard rushers, but only won 3 games last season and scored less than two touchdowns in 7 of 11 games?

They must have had the best offense, that never hardly scored....on a team thats seniors have only won 4 games in 3 years.
notourious121 Wrote:alright you got me there with belfry and pcc but how many points did they put up on sheldon clark some where around 30 i beleive.

63-28 Final Score.... how many points and yards were against the SC 1st String defense?

I have no doubt ER has a very good backfield..and one that certainly deserves some notoriety. But, putting them in the same breath as running machines like Bell, Belfry, JC, Sheldon Clark, and some other teams is just a bit of a stretch.

I wish those kids a ton of luck and hope they have a huge season, though.
If he was from the University of Florida it wouldn't help them any
dallasfan Wrote:dont forget about stiltner he is a 3 year starter he is a ox him self dont count him out.

At best Stiltner would be considered laughable in the backfield. He actually brings down the overall backfield ratings with his ox-like agility.
you will see him on the field next year..sorry not this year
im talking about the florida transfer........
Pikeville OT Wrote:At best Stiltner would be considered laughable in the backfield. He actually brings down the overall backfield ratings with his ox-like agility.

Not to mention his ball carrying skills. He fumbled a good 4-5 times in the SV game last season.
Real Badman Wrote:Not to mention his ball carrying skills. He fumbled a good 4-5 times in the SV game last season.

i played for valley lasted year and he had 3 i think..players have bad games you cant expect them to be perfect..but er had a bad line last year that any team can handle.