Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simon Kenton 62 Cooper 0
Very disappointing to see the score run up like this. Starters should have been pulled out after first quarter IMO. Miles had a good game not sure of stats but had one carry for an 88 yard TD. Guess coach needs to bump up his numbers to help win Mr. Footbal?
Just goes to show you how green they are. I thought that Conner game was pathetic. Running pass plays with a couple minutes left while up by 40+ points. No different tonight. They will never be respected as a football team until they can start playing like champions. It's obvious that their coach is an attention hungry wanna be. Paybacks are **** in high school football my friends.......
neerfan Wrote:Very disappointing to see the score run up like this. Starters should have been pulled out after first quarter IMO. Miles had a good game not sure of stats but had one carry for an 88 yard TD. Guess coach needs to bump up his numbers to help win Mr. Footbal?

this is why Highlands Collingsworth will not win the Mr football award; team game is more important than individual awards. AC did not take a single snap in the 2nd half of tonights game; coach could easily had AC run up some big numbers if he wanted to. Your program would only improve if you let 2nd and 3rd stringers get playing time to improve for next year.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Just goes to show you how green they are. I thought that Conner game was pathetic. Running pass plays with a couple minutes left while up by 40+ points. No different tonight. They will never be respected as a football team until they can start playing like champions. It's obvious that their coach is an attention hungry wanna be. Paybacks are **** in high school football my friends.......
Wait a minute. Conner game was much different. Conner was running their jaws in the press all week. They came in with attitude. They got what they deserved. No doubt. Tonight was much different. All starters were out at half time. Miles never touched the field after half time. I just stated that I thought he should have pulled them after 1st quarter thats all. This game was different. What do you mean by play like champions? Trinity ran it up on us last year and they are still respected. Its ok for them to do itbut not us? Give us a break.
sstack Wrote:this is why Highlands Collingsworth will not win the Mr football award; team game is more important than individual awards. AC did not take a single snap in the 2nd half of tonights game; coach could easily had AC run up some big numbers if he wanted to. Your program would only improve if you let 2nd and 3rd stringers get playing time to improve for next year.
Miles also did not play 1 play after halftime either. Same amount of playing time. I just stated that I thought he should have pulled them earlier than he did. Still gotta give the kid his playing time I guess.
neerfan Wrote:Miles also did not play 1 play after halftime either. Same amount of playing time. I just stated that I thought he should have pulled them earlier than he did. Still gotta give the kid his playing time I guess.

Maybe not tonight, but he has been left in other games longer than necessary. I also was talking about other teams in the state leaving in players too long. You can not tell me Miles was not left in too long agianst Conner, why risk an injury.
Congrats SK
Congrats SK
sstack Wrote:this is why Highlands Collingsworth will not win the Mr football award; team game is more important than individual awards. AC did not take a single snap in the 2nd half of tonights game; coach could easily had AC run up some big numbers if he wanted to. Your program would only improve if you let 2nd and 3rd stringers get playing time to improve for next year.

The reason AC didn't take a snap in the 2nd half is b/c he hurt his hand. AC "earned" much of his yards tonight much to Dixie's credit. He certainly didn't run over them. I thought Streeter was much more effective in the backfield tonight. It could be a long season for AC with teams keying on him now that Bardo is out. Bottom line: Not a dominate 1st half performance by Austin. To his credit, however, the offensive was experimenting tonight.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:The reason AC didn't take a snap in the 2nd half is b/c he hurt his hand. AC "earned" much of his yards tonight much to Dixie's credit. He certainly didn't run over them. I thought Streeter was much more effective in the backfield tonight. It could be a long season for AC with teams keying on him now that Bardo is out. Bottom line: Not a dominate 1st half performance by Austin. To his credit, however, the offensive was experimenting tonight.

Why was Streeter the number 2 RB tonight? He is small but can really fly.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Just goes to show you how green they are. I thought that Conner game was pathetic. Running pass plays with a couple minutes left while up by 40+ points. No different tonight. They will never be respected as a football team until they can start playing like champions. It's obvious that their coach is an attention hungry wanna be. Paybacks are **** in high school football my friends.......
Highlands 52 Dixie 9 looks as if your team may green by your own standards or is their coach an attention hungry wanna be also? Is this how champions play? Just wondering why you slam us for the same stuff the team you praise does?:flush:
Kinda figured the score would be something like this. I think I predicted SK 63 Cooper 7...congrats to the Neers on the W.
Simon Kenton 29 21 0 12 -- 62
Cooper 0 0 0 0 -- 0

Simpson 6 run (Winkler run)
Carroll 42 interception return (Repka kick)
Simpson 7 run (Repka kick)
Winkler 5 pass from Lawrence (Repka kick)
Simpson 10 run (Repka kick)
Simpson 90 run (Repka kick)
Simpson 19 run (Repka kick)
Rabe 16 run (kick blocked)
Travis 46 interception return (run failed)
Records: 5-1, C 2-4.

NKY.com