Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mason County 48 - Danville 21
Statement win for the Royals
I said earlier this summer that Mason County might be the most overlooked team in 3A. I think they won't be overlooked any longer. They have alot of young talent and will be tough to handle.
Can't argue with that FBALL!
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
FBALL Wrote:I said earlier this summer that Mason County might be the most overlooked team in 3A. I think they won't be overlooked any longer. They have alot of young talent and will be tough to handle.

They may be the #3 ranked 3A team in the state with a sharp drop to the remaining teams at this point.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:They may be the #3 ranked 3A team in the state with a sharp drop to the remaining teams at this point.

I knew Mason County was going to be good this year. The only question I have right now is if Mason County is THAT good or if it is a down year for Danville. I think it might be a combination of the two. But I can't think of anyone in 3A that I would rate above the Royals other than Central and Breathitt.
FBALL Wrote:I knew Mason County was going to be good this year. The only question I have right now is if Mason County is THAT good or if it is a down year for Danville. I think it might be a combination of the two. But I can't think of anyone in 3A that I would rate above the Royals other than Central and Breathitt.

I agree with this... Danville seems to be on a downtick the past few seasons, but nonetheless..to hang up 48 on the Ads is a feat.
They didn't just hang 48 on them. It was 41-7 in the second quarter. The Royals jumped all over them and cruised threw the last 2 1/2 quarters.
I expected this game to be a lot closer
Whew.... very surprising score here! Danville must be down this season or Mason County is just that good.

Congrats Royals!
nice win mason
I am surprised that Setty is still playing. He has aspirations of D1 basketball, and I just assumed that he would stepped away from football. With the schools 3 best basketball players, now being their three best football players, they can ill afford an injury.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Whew.... very surprising score here! Danville must be down this season or Mason County is just that good.

Congrats Royals!

i think danville has lost their swagger the past few years with kids in danville not being as dedicated and losing transfers to boyle co.
sports_report Wrote:i think danville has lost their swagger the past few years with kids in danville not being as dedicated and losing transfers to boyle co.

Excellent post!:Thumbs:

I really hadn't put that together, but that does make sense that man of the better players have gone to Boyle, great observation.