Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dayton's Shawn Eastin to Cov. Holmes?
Heard today that 6'2 sharpshooter Shawn Eastin of Dayton, KY is transferring to Holmes. Anyone else heard the same thing? The information came from a person very close to him.

Eastin may not start, but he'd be a huge boost to the Holmes team next year. He was a D3 All star this past season in nky and averaged 15.4 ppg, 6 rpg, and 2.5 apg as a junior while shooting 45% (Fg) and 31% (3pt).
Agreed he probably won't start. Most likely he would be the 6-7 man off the bench, maybe even farther down as Holmes was young this past year and will have alot of depth off the bench unlike this past year...
Did some more digging and spoke with the "source" himself and he said he's unsure at this point but heavily considering it.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Did some more digging and spoke with the "source" himself and he said he's unsure at this point but heavily considering it.

Yeah, I spoke to a Dayton coach this morning, and it was the first that he heard this.
Stardust Wrote:Yeah, I spoke to a Dayton coach this morning, and it was the first that he heard this.

Shawn hasn't been telling many people. From speaking with him, his girlfriend and mother were the only ones he's discussed it with.

I spoke directly with him yesterday and while he's heavily considering it because it will help him get to the next level and get better, he isn't sure about it at this point.
I don't want him to come. Not that he isn't a good player or anything. But we already have a FALSE reputation as a tranfer-recieving school
Holmes/UKfan Wrote:I don't want him to come. Not that he isn't a good player or anything. But we already have a FALSE reputation as a tranfer-recieving school

Very true.

And from what I've heard, he has a very bad attitude which could affect team chemisty.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Shawn hasn't been telling many people. From speaking with him, his girlfriend and mother were the only ones he's discussed it with.

If he is trying to keep it quite, I'm sure he appreciates his buddy breaking the news to the world on the internet.
rojas Wrote:If he is trying to keep it quite, I'm sure he appreciates his buddy breaking the news to the world on the internet.

I'm not one of his buddies. I do work with queencityhigh.com so I wanted to call him and see if there was any truth to the rumors because adding him would be significant to Holmes repeating next year.

He'd be a bigger addition to Holmes than Flannery was to Scott Co this past year.
If true, should be a nice addition to an already juggernaut team.
kywldcat01 Wrote:I'm not one of his buddies. I do work with queencityhigh.com so I wanted to call him and see if there was any truth to the rumors because adding him would be significant to Holmes repeating next year.

He'd be a bigger addition to Holmes than Flannery was to Scott Co this past year.

Nice way to get a plug in :Thumbs:

I agree, he will add more to Holmes than Flannery did, but IMO, he's not needed by the Dawgs, and could certainly be a distraction to a team that is susceptible to distractions.
Stardust Wrote:Nice way to get a plug in :Thumbs:

I agree, he will add more to Holmes than Flannery did, but IMO, he's not needed by the Dawgs, and could certainly be a distraction to a team that is susceptible to distractions.

He won't be attending Holmes. Confirmed this a few days ago.
^ That's what I had heard from the Dayton coach, but I was taking your word for it.......

Please continue to keep us mis-informed TongueirateSho JK