Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow
dont know any other word to describe this

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multime...ent.1.html
I'd seen this before. It's a really sad story of how one officiating crew treated him, even though I understand they were covering their butts and he didn't have the correct paperwork. I wish all kids have the heart and drive to play like this kid does. If all kids had that drive, every team would be competing state championships every season.
wow i give that kid a hand.
Very sad.....I just read the article :boo:
tomcat68 Wrote:I'd seen this before. It's a really sad story of how one officiating crew treated him, even though I understand they were covering their butts and he didn't have the correct paperwork. I wish all kids have the heart and drive to play like this kid does. If all kids had that drive, every team would be competing state championships every season.

yeah, i had seen that they made him sit out of the game because the rules said you had to wear cleats and knee pads or something.
MR.INCREDIBLE Wrote:yeah, i had seen that they made him sit out of the game because the rules said you had to wear cleats and knee pads or something.

Pretty messed up but I guess anything to keep the players safe but hey he looks like a good athlete with what he is having problems with. :bounce:
can someone post the article.. I can seem to get it..

But i think they had an espn special on this guy.. or maybe it was someone in his condition...
It says something about having to be an SI subscriber to get the entire article. Maybe someone else is one and will be able to post it all.
here it is

http://www.local6.com/news/5010326/detail.html
Better not....because it is copyrighted material. Sorry guys.

It just says how at half time a ref came to the coach and said the player (backup nose guard and starter on punt team) coundn't play anymore because he didn't have on shoes. The player even went as far as to tie shoes to his belt but his AD said not to go out there. In the end, the High School Athletic Association said the refs were wrong, wrote a paper the coach carries every game to prove what they said, and the kid is now allowed to play in the games.
Beef Wrote:Better not....because it is copyrighted material. Sorry guys.

It just says how at half time a ref came to the coach and said the player (backup nose guard and starter on punt team) coundn't play anymore because he didn't have on shoes. The player even went as far as to tie shoes to his belt but his AD said not to go out there. In the end, the High School Athletic Association said the refs were wrong, wrote a paper the coach carries every game to prove what they said, and the kid is now allowed to play in the games.

Good he looks like one good athelte so best of luck to him.
Why didn't he have shoes?
Ummm...no legs there CD...kinda hard to have shoes on.
Yea I mean he has no legs SO HOW could he have knee pads and shoes on......its not funny, but why would the dumb azz ref say that LOL....i mean its not like they are invisible....
That was cruel of that ref!
I think it is great when someone like him gets out and tries their hardest at something even though they have a disability.. he's an amazing person
Thats sad, I wish every player had that kids heart!
I bow to him... That guy has a whole lot of heart.
Love his heart.
Glad that he is getting to play now, sucks that some people have to be such hardasses about things.