Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something that burns me up
As some of you may know, i work on a strip mine. Meaning, I am on top of a hill. I get some pretty good radio reception up here. However, last friday i was wanting to listen to the Pike Central and Lawerence County game. Because being that i work night shift, i can't make it to to many games. So as I was flipping through the channels looking for the game I noticed something.. You can never find what you want.. I know most stations like to carry the big games, you knwo the ones that include belfry, p'burg, pikeville, and even breathitt county.. Yes that's right. I was in pike county and i picked up a breathitt county game.. But what really made me mad was, I also picked up the Magoffin County game. I went through every station on the dial, on FM and on AM.. and never found the PCC vs. LC game.. But the belfry game was on about 3 diff. channels, as was the Pikeville game. and of course 95.5 is always goin to play the p'burg game. Now i know there is probably a shortage of manpower and they can't cover every game.. well that's fine.. I mean PCC was at lawerence county last week.. But the week before that PCC was at home, against boyd county. and still there was nothing on the radio.. But i did get to hear phelps play.. Now if radio stations want to pick up the bigger games then that's fine.. But do the bigger games have to take up every station?? My *** it's ridiculous. and then ya hear games that there might be about 10 people tuned into.. I'm not saying play the pike central game every week. cause even they play teams, that no one wants to listen to. But geez, do they have to be playing belfry, p'burg, or pikeville before they can get any airtime?? and if it's up to the school to pay to get airtime, then the school needs to spend some money.
Its up to ADVERTISERS to pay for the air time. Have enough businesses call the local station and tell them they want to sponsor PC games and the problem will be solved.
Money talks.....It's all about the $$$
I agree BP.. and that just pisses me off lol
I know it won't help right now but in the future 92.3 out of Louisa covers every Lawrence County game. Should be able to pick it up while on the mountain especially. I've been able to pick it up during the day in Pike Co. in the past.
I tried that CD.. but i couldn't pick it up.. cause some other station kept cutting in..
Thanks for listening and your comments. I appreciate your opinion.
BTW, the school was asked to pay and wouldn't return a call.
You'll love the fact that this week Shelby Valley at Pike Central will be broadcast on 93.1 WDHR as the Game of the week.

For the record...Pike Central games were going to be broadcast this year. A radio station approached the school administration, the coach, and the boosters club.
Their response..."Great! we'd love to have our games broadcast" but when it came down to advertising, sponsors, and just covering the cost one couldn't even get a phone call returned.
The problem, at Pike Central at least, is not manpower but a lack of community and a lack of community support.

As a correction to your post:
Pikeville/AC was on one station-103.1
Belfry/East Ridge was on two--93.1 for the ER side of the county and 96.5 for the Belfry side of the county.
Please do not take offense but winning breeds support and support breeds community interest and community interest breeds $$$ to put these games on the air....A radio broadcast is not cheap.
Why is it accepted that 95.5 always covers PBurg? What about Allen Central, Betsy Layne? South Floyd??
Businesses want to sponsor and support PBurg just as businesses line up to support Belfry, Pikeville,etc.
Like many things in life...it's about $$$.

crazytaxidriver Wrote:As some of you may know, i work on a strip mine. Meaning, I am on top of a hill. I get some pretty good radio reception up here. However, last friday i was wanting to listen to the Pike Central and Lawerence County game. Because being that i work night shift, i can't make it to to many games. So as I was flipping through the channels looking for the game I noticed something.. You can never find what you want.. I know most stations like to carry the big games, you knwo the ones that include belfry, p'burg, pikeville, and even breathitt county.. Yes that's right. I was in pike county and i picked up a breathitt county game.. But what really made me mad was, I also picked up the Magoffin County game. I went through every station on the dial, on FM and on AM.. and never found the PCC vs. LC game.. But the belfry game was on about 3 diff. channels, as was the Pikeville game. and of course 95.5 is always goin to play the p'burg game. Now i know there is probably a shortage of manpower and they can't cover every game.. well that's fine.. I mean PCC was at lawerence county last week.. But the week before that PCC was at home, against boyd county. and still there was nothing on the radio.. But i did get to hear phelps play.. Now if radio stations want to pick up the bigger games then that's fine.. But do the bigger games have to take up every station?? My *** it's ridiculous. and then ya hear games that there might be about 10 people tuned into.. I'm not saying play the pike central game every week. cause even they play teams, that no one wants to listen to. But geez, do they have to be playing belfry, p'burg, or pikeville before they can get any airtime?? and if it's up to the school to pay to get airtime, then the school needs to spend some money.
I think your rank says it all CTD Smile

j/k Wink
CBS Sports Wrote:Thanks for listening and your comments. I appreciate your opinion.
BTW, the school was asked to pay and wouldn't return a call.
You'll love the fact that this week Shelby Valley at Pike Central will be broadcast on 93.1 WDHR as the Game of the week.

For the record...Pike Central games were going to be broadcast this year. A radio station approached the school administration, the coach, and the boosters club.
Their response..."Great! we'd love to have our games broadcast" but when it came down to advertising, sponsors, and just covering the cost one couldn't even get a phone call returned.
The problem, at Pike Central at least, is not manpower but a lack of community and a lack of community support.

As a correction to your post:
Pikeville/AC was on one station-103.1
Belfry/East Ridge was on two--93.1 for the ER side of the county and 96.5 for the Belfry side of the county.
Please do not take offense but winning breeds support and support breeds community interest and community interest breeds $$$ to put these games on the air....A radio broadcast is not cheap.
Why is it accepted that 95.5 always covers PBurg? What about Allen Central, Betsy Layne? South Floyd??
Businesses want to sponsor and support PBurg just as businesses line up to support Belfry, Pikeville,etc.
Like many things in life...it's about $$$.

thank you for that information.. it really cleared a lot up for me.. i guess now i have to scream at the pc admins.. lol..
Beef Wrote:I think your rank says it all CTD Smile

j/k Wink

You up to no good BEEF.. Smile
See how i get treated?? I can't take this no more.. CTD is out...

For about 5 minutes..
I like it Beef.
lol.. so now even CD is out to get me...
Never
I hear ya...
CTD....what in the world makes you think that I did it? I just happened to notice it and agreed with it....shew...placing the blame where it doesn't belong :no:

I don't do things like that....we're GREAT friends :thumb: ...now that CD Rolleyes
Don't even go there I wouldn't do such a thing.

We'll maybe if I had thought about it first.
hahaha.. i dont' know about you to.. i bet you collaborated on it against me lol.. I've got my eye on you two lol..
hmmm...one eye covering 2 people over 400 miles apart.....this should be good... Cool
I am that good..
one eye???
crazytaxidriver Wrote:I've got my eye on you two lol..
All you said you were using....

And..you that good...I've heard different Confusedhh:
But I still proclaim my innocents :thumb:
hahah.. you might want to check your resources
Sorry my sources are confidential…and they are 100% accurate
hahah ok then... they shall be shot..
Shouldn't treat your brother like that :no:
hahah.. my brother is a liar lol/