Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK and Kentucky Mr. Basketball
Did you know from 1988 till now 2008, UK has only signed 3 Kentucky Mr. Basketball players. From 1988 to 2001 there was 0 signed. 3 since 2001
Well we have one now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
The best one in years.
Yeah we have one of the best now!
True he is was a great high school player, but I just hope he doesn't turn out to be a bust like Mr. Stockton.
IRISH4 Wrote:True he is was a great high school player, but I just hope he doesn't turn out to be a bust like Mr. Stockton.
I dont see that happening though.
We got Miller this year, and it looks like we will get Ky Mr. Basketball for next year also. I forgot his name but he suppost to be the best player in the state next year and he already signed with UK.
RavenBoy Wrote:We got Miller this year, and it looks like we will get Ky Mr. Basketball for next year also. I forgot his name but he suppost to be the best player in the state next year and he already signed with UK.

Yepp, John Hood from Madisonville North-Hopkins High School which was a huge pickup for the 09 class.
Looks like Billy G likes them Ky Player. It might not be a good thing but atleast he likes our players.
RavenBoy Wrote:Looks like Billy G likes them Ky Player. It might not be a good thing but atleast he likes our players.

IMO thats a great thing. There is a lot of exceptional talent in the state of Kentucky but it always gets overlooked. These past few years this state has produced some very talented players at D-1 programs, unfortunately not one of them has been Kentucky until now.
Coach Smith did recruit me a little in the summer before my Senior year in high school. He ultimately decided that my foot speed was a little slow and they already had committments from "big" guys Michael Bradley and Jules Camara. I bothered me, but not much because I knew other schools were interested in me, besides I wanted to play alot as a Freshman. So I made a decision to go to Marshall and it worked out the best for me. I played a lot all four of my years became a top five all-time scorer and rebounder. I even got to play against Kentucky and Coach Smith in 2001 as a Senior in Rupp Arena. I had 16 point and 12 rebounds that game for my 40th career double-double. We lost by 15 but I think I showed Coach Smith that I could have played there and I got a standing ovation from the crowd when I got taken out at the end of the game.
J. R. VanHoose Wrote:Coach Smith did recruit me a little in the summer before my Senior year in high school. He ultimately decided that my foot speed was a little slow and they already had committments from "big" guys Michael Bradley and Jules Camara. I bothered me, but not much because I knew other schools were interested in me, besides I wanted to play alot as a Freshman. So I made a decision to go to Marshall and it worked out the best for me. I played a lot all four of my years became a top five all-time scorer and rebounder. I even got to play against Kentucky and Coach Smith in 2001 as a Senior in Rupp Arena. I had 16 point and 12 rebounds that game for my 40th career double-double. We lost by 15 but I think I showed Coach Smith that I could have played there and I got a standing ovation from the crowd when I got taken out at the end of the game.

Thats awesome man! I would have loved to seen you play in the blue and white. I loved watching you play in High School.
J. R. VanHoose Wrote:Coach Smith did recruit me a little in the summer before my Senior year in high school. He ultimately decided that my foot speed was a little slow and they already had committments from "big" guys Michael Bradley and Jules Camara. I bothered me, but not much because I knew other schools were interested in me, besides I wanted to play alot as a Freshman. So I made a decision to go to Marshall and it worked out the best for me. I played a lot all four of my years became a top five all-time scorer and rebounder. I even got to play against Kentucky and Coach Smith in 2001 as a Senior in Rupp Arena. I had 16 point and 12 rebounds that game for my 40th career double-double. We lost by 15 but I think I showed Coach Smith that I could have played there and I got a standing ovation from the crowd when I got taken out at the end of the game.

I remember that weekend very well. I was at that game and you had a great game. That was also the weekend when UK realized they dropped the ball on Patrick Sparks as well. The next season he transferred. Also, that same weekend Uk blew a huge lead against UT in football. I went to all those games and it was a great couple of days to watch sports, and I will never forget the ovation you got walking off that floor. Chills don't even touch it.
Thanks alot Tubby Smile

Thats great!! And like -STAT- said, would've loved to see you play in the blue and white.
JR was too busy dropping a double double on the blue and whiteBig Grin
bluegrassballa Wrote:Thats great!! And like -STAT- said, would've loved to see you play in the blue and white.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:JR was too busy dropping a double double on the blue and whiteBig Grin

Smile
Once again, Thanks Tubby
I realized how much I didn't like Tubby and his slow down turtle paced basketball but now I see that he wasn't even interested into putting the effort into recruiting either.
Thank God Tubby didn't let Josh Carrier and Brandon Stockton fall through the cracks.
BCF4L Wrote:Thank God Tubby didn't let Josh Carrier and Brandon Stockton fall through the cracks.
Smile I liked that one.
Dont feel bad vanhoose tubby is an awful judge of talent.. any one who would pass on tyler hansbourgh chris lofton and kevin durrant and get jared carter and that bunch on the end of the bench every yr has some mental issue's
Homer Simpson Wrote:Dont feel bad vanhoose tubby is an awful judge of talent.. any one who would pass on tyler hansbourgh chris lofton and kevin durrant and get jared carter and that bunch on the end of the bench every yr has some mental issue's

Don't worry I don't feel bad, I am glad I didn't go there I got to have a great career at Marshall and everything worked out for me.
You had a great career at Marshall but you would have one in the blue and white as well.

I second the thanks a lot Tubby!!!!!