Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County Bulldogs 2008
Coming of a 1-10 season, can Luke Salmons restore the tradition at LC, now everyone thinks there is not alot of talent returning, and i will be the first to tell you that there are really nice athletes in all of the classes, but i would really like to see Luke turn the program back around and climb back to the Bulldawgs once were
I hope he gets things turned around for them and get them back to where they use to be
LC will have some very nice talent coming back this year . And if coach salmons can get into the halls and get the kids to come out a play that hasn't been playing then the Dawgs will get things turned around . I am already looking forward to the 08 season.
Yea I think there are more then enough athletes coming back. I heard that there was going to be around 70 kids coming out.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Has he kept the old assistants or getting new ones? Looked like they had more coaches than players last year. Was he already employed by the school or hired in then given a job?
Not sure who will be staying around as assistants-Coach worked in the school system for sure this past year and possibly the year before that. This should be a great hire for LC.
LC will have plenty of talent in 2008.

RedSeal Wrote:Coming of a 1-10 season, can Luke Salmons restore the tradition at LC, now everyone thinks there is not alot of talent returning, and i will be the first to tell you that there are really nice athletes in all of the classes, but i would really like to see Luke turn the program back around and climb back to the Bulldawgs once were
Coach Salmons needs to start at the bottom with the youth league program and work his way up. This will assure him some great talent and fundamentals for years to come. Just have to see how he works things out.
easternkysportsguru Wrote:Coach Salmons needs to start at the bottom with the youth league program and work his way up. This will assure him some great talent and fundamentals for years to come. Just have to see how he works things out.

I think all high school coaches should work with the youth leagues and middle school teams, so when they get them they know they have the basics.
I didn't think salmons did a very good job with the teams he coached the last couple of years though, did he? The boys on those teams won all kinds of games before he got a hold of them, didn't they?
slingblade93 Wrote:I didn't think salmons did a very good job with the teams he coached the last couple of years though, did he? The boys on those teams won all kinds of games before he got a hold of them, didn't they?
Actually I think he might have only lost one or two games the past two years he's had the middle school team. I know the seniors this year went all through their middle school years and a couple of their youth league years with out a loss . But you have to remember that is middle school this is Varsity IMO different as night and day. I don't think it's as much as the different level in the athletes but in the Coaches that you go up against .Because these are the same kids that play each other in their youth and middle schools but when these same kids face off at the high school level it's a all new ball game . And I give the credit to the coaching staff. IMO the youth and the middle school coaches should be teaching fundamentals so when they get to high school the coaches can spend their time getting them into the system they are running . Good luck to coach Salmons and all the new staff that will come along with him.
Dawg Family Wrote:Actually I think he might have only lost one or two games the past two years he's had the middle school team. I know the seniors this year went all through their middle school years and a couple of their youth league years with out a loss . But you have to remember that is middle school this is Varsity IMO different as night and day. I don't think it's as much as the different level in the athletes but in the Coaches that you go up against .Because these are the same kids that play each other in their youth and middle schools but when these same kids face off at the high school level it's a all new ball game . And I give the credit to the coaching staff. IMO the youth and the middle school coaches should be teaching fundamentals so when they get to high school the coaches can spend their time getting them into the system they are running . Good luck to coach Salmons and all the new staff that will come along with him.

I heard he barely went .500, and couldn't beat Johnson Central, Belfry, or the ashland or Boyd Co. teams.
Is Blake Preece still going to help with the offense?
slingblade93 Wrote:I heard he barely went .500, and couldn't beat Johnson Central, Belfry, or the ashland or Boyd Co. teams.
Maybe Bat Puff could help out about that . He was involved with them I am not very sure about his record. Come on Bat whats the scoop Big Grin
I think the Sophmore Class is loaded with Talent from top to bottom,Id say Hunter James and Chandler Shepherd will lead the way
slingblade93 Wrote:I didn't think salmons did a very good job with the teams he coached the last couple of years though, did he? The boys on those teams won all kinds of games before he got a hold of them, didn't they?

With his first year as coach at the middle school, the 8th grade won the Eastern Ky. conference. Not real sure about this past year but I think they did very well also. You were given bad information on that one. The coach they had before Luke did a terrible job with that class, meaning Shepherd, James and that group. You could tell that he didn't want to be there.
Hope he keeps dixon on staff, its hard to find good assistants that will stay and care for as long as he has.
Anything new?
slingblade93 Wrote:Is Blake Preece still going to help with the offense?

Yes, Coach Preece will be back for next season, the guy really knows his stuff
RedSeal Wrote:Yes, Coach Preece will be back for next season, the guy really knows his stuff

I've talked to Blake many times and he knows football, especially offense. Too bad his judgement isnt as good when it comes to picking NFL teams, dag on Bengals fanSmile
Well I have Heard that Some of his assistants may be Shula (sp) that played at Marshall (O-Line) Skinner former Herd QB, a couple others not sure the name and an ex UK lineman. I think Coach Cecil will be back as well. So I think he has things heading in the right direction.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Even though I'm a Cardinal fan, I hope he does a great job! I don't know him but I have alot of classes with his wife and she is a great person as I am sure he is too. Surely he knows something about football since he played D1 (to all of you who say is not good). They just had a baby boy and I am so happy for them!
Batpuff Wrote:Well I have Heard that Some of his assistants may be Shula (sp) that played at Marshall (O-Line) Skinner former Herd QB, a couple others not sure the name and an ex UK lineman. I think Coach Cecil will be back as well. So I think he has things heading in the right direction.

Skinner? the QB that wasn't very good for the Herd
RedSeal Wrote:Skinner? the QB that wasn't very good for the Herd

I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY SO MANY PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO FIND EVERYTHING THEY CAN NEGATIVE ABOUT THIS SITUATION...IT SAYS ALOT TO WHY THE FOOTBALL TEAM GOT IN THE SITUATION THEY WERE IN IN THE FIRST PLACE...

GOOD LUCK COACH I HOPE YOU RESTORE EVERYTHING THAT IS PURE ABOUT THE GAME OF FOOTBALL IN LAWRENCE COUNTY!!!

Skinner was a good QB, No he wasnt a Chad Pennington but he was good enough to play and Start in a Div 1 program.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

He had some really good games. There were times everyone wanted to kill him but I don't think anyone looks back on his career negatively. If he was so bad, why would the Heroes call him to be their quarterback? I know they aren't great or anything (actually I've never watched them) but if he wasn't good they wouldn't have called him.
So is he cleaning house and bring a whole new crew in?
So Rollins is going to help out?
i did hear from a source in paintsville today which im not sure how reliable they are, so this is right now just a rumor, but they told me that Ed Dixon nor john caudill are going to be helping with the football program this year...they said they heard the blake preece guy might stay on but he wont be the offensive coordinator, im not sure who he is though...how many years has preece been at lc? anyone know?
OMG Wrote:i did hear from a source in paintsville today which im not sure how reliable they are, so this is right now just a rumor, but they told me that Ed Dixon nor john caudill are going to be helping with the football program this year...they said they heard the blake preece guy might stay on but he wont be the offensive coordinator, im not sure who he is though...how many years has preece been at lc? anyone know?

He's been there one year and just to let ya know, Blake will be the offensive coordinator next season for the Lawrence County Bulldogs