Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Griffey that could.
We all know that Ken Griffey jr. just hit his 600th homerun, but i wonder (as do all sportscasters haha) what could have been. The past 5 or 6 years have been plauged with injuries, so how many more homeruns do you think he could of had if he had been healthy? Could he have the all time homerun record by now? And will he reach 700 before he retires?
I think he has a 60% chance of getting to 700, and without injuries in his career at the end I say he would have had at least 800.
do u guys think he will pass barry bonds??
duke_rulez423 Wrote:do u guys think he will pass barry bonds??
I hate to say, there is almost no chance. He will be retired by then.
Yea hes been playin for 20 years, i dont think he has enough left in him to get that far, but 700 could be a possiblity.
No way is he passing Bonds....But if healthy throughout his career, then 800 would have been a BIG POSSIBILITY!!
The pre-Red Griffey was the best player of my generation..he could do it all..but it was almost like he was cursed from day one in Cincy..he has still put up decent numbers, but nothing like he did in Seattle. Without injuries I say he could have hit at least 750, maybe 800..but he was an all around player that done everything great..still think he may have a decent shot at 700, but he'll have to stay healthy to do it..
IMO greatest all around player to ever play the game.
He would easy have 750 to 800 homeruns maybe even more than that if he would have not got hurt so much. Still a great player. I think he will get 700 before he calls it quits. IMO he will go to the american league next season and DH.
I don't know if he will make it to 700 HR's. If he gets maybe another 15 homers the rest of this year, he would need to average 25-30 per year for 3 more seasons. Of course, that would require him to stay relatively healthy during this time, which at his age is not very likely. I wish him the best, but I just don't see it happening.

I do agree that if it hadn't been for all the injuries, he would have passed both Hank Aaron and Barry Bonds long before now.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If he stays healthy for the rest of his career I could see him getting 700 and probably passing Ruth, but not Aaron or Bonds.
I think he will get close but give out in a few years.
i think that if he wpuld have been healthy those years he was hurt that he would be around 765-780 right now and would have prolly got to around 830-850 in that area before he ritires... if he decides to go on somewhere and play next year and IMO he will it wil have to be with an AL team...

i think if he would have been a DH his entire carrer than he would have got close to 900
I think if he is traded to a good AL team where he can DH, he may have more years in him than some think.