Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did anyone else meet the Miners tonight?
After an amazing, exciting win over the second place Oklahoma Cavalry tonight, the East Kentucky Miners stayed on the court after the game and signed autographs and just talked to fans. I went and talked to every player and I must say I was very pleased with them. They were all so courteous and nice, and willing to talk and sign things. They were making jokes and laughing. Jason McLeish was discussing with me and another person about his love for basketball, and how he felt like playing here was like 'coming home'. It was just overall a great experience. These guys are wonderful and they have respect for the game and the fans. It was really a pleasure to see the guys interacting with fans young and old. Sunday is the last REGULAR season home game, as we'll be playing in the playoffs. It is also BLACKOUT night, so everyone wear black! I cant wait to see them back next year, and they ensured us they would and they appreciate everyone that comes out. Everyone needs to go and support them because they truly are a superb group of guys!
I was there last night and I was impressd with the way they play and how they seem to relate to people. I think one of them last night even works at Pikeville College. Great to see that many people there last night to see a great game.
Yes thats Daniel Price. He played B-ball for Pikeville College. He is filling in while Bryant Northern is out with an injured wrist. However, he told my mom he would be back playing on Thursday, and will playing in the playoffs.
I didnt meet the Miners but Jay Fiedler did buy me and everyone else at Applebee's bar a beer...