Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playing in your classification
Since every team has a BYE week would it not be possible for as team who changes classification to play in their appropriate class bye sliding into the schedule for the district games. This would allow the team to compete in the proper class and district. The team could still be eligible to play in the post season and would not have an advantage of playing in a lower class and having the numbers of a much larger school. The school who consolidates will be able to compete where they should be and would be able to compete inthe proper district and class. That would guarentee the consolidated school 4 or 5 games and the team could pick up a J V schedule on Mondays or Tuesdays for the the other 5 games of their season. Since the district seeds the playoffs those games are the importance of the schedule anyway. The remaining games are for bragging rights and in game practice for the post season. This would give the players time on the field playing as a team and NOT give a larger school the edge in play. (Mercer Co.)
The JV schedule may not need to happen as the the schools who are consolidating already have teams in their region who they play anyway. Those games could still happen but the main focus is the district games with the proper schools. !!!!!!
Just a thought ,, any response ???
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
come on guys and gals lets hear your thoughts on this matter..
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Not every team's bye week will be in different weeks. You'd run into the problem of having 2 or more teams in the district with a bye in the same week. At that point to fit them into the schedule you'd have to start moving several games around and hoping that each one that you moved luckily would matchup with another bye week. It would have the possibility of getting very tricky by the end of the process.

I do think however when the KHSAA knows that schools are going to consolidate that they should contact the new school's new district opponents and make them aware of the situation and work with all parties involved to create the appropriate 1 and 2 year contracts to smoothly integrate the new team into the new classification.

In my eyes it is the KHSAA being lazy and not doing everything in their power to ensure a level playing field when they don't atleast try something to remedy the situation.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
The KHSAA knows ahead of time when schools are going to consolidate and when the schools will be complete, so why not have the teams in the respective districts sign appropriate length contracts to allow for the new team to join the district the year of consolidation. This would allow teams to play where they are supposed to and give the district that is losing a team the potential for another home game.
I agree, Im sure that the consolidation was in process before this year, so it should have already been set with Harlan co in 5A before next yr, Im sure they didnt decide to do this in the last couple of months.
I am just saying that this would be a possibility IF it happens. Granted that some teams may have the same oof week but how many in the district would that happen to??
We've seen this before and I thought that after last year the khsaa wouldnt be complete idiots any more. Come on. I aint even tryin to make excuses about last year because either way it came down to one team playing another team and you have to bring it, but its still gonna suck if this happens again.
launchpad4 Wrote:The KHSAA knows ahead of time when schools are going to consolidate and when the schools will be complete, so why not have the teams in the respective districts sign appropriate length contracts to allow for the new team to join the district the year of consolidation. This would allow teams to play where they are supposed to and give the district that is losing a team the potential for another home game.

they have no idea what they are talking about
khsaa is a joke
Last years merger of Mercer and Harrodsburg came way to late to change the schedual. It was discussed for only a couple of weeks(at least publicly) and wasn't voted on till May 17th. I remember debating the nickname with my son and his friends. My favorite was Mercerberg Morons. We laughed our butts off.
May 17th isnt too late to change schedule. Its not like in college where TV contracts and stuff are already in place. If the KHSAA wanted to do things right, they would take the time and effort to do so. It could be done. People just take the easy way out. If Russell and Raceland were to become Greenup East. I wouldnt expect them to be able to stay and compete in 3A. They would either find the schedules or not play in a district that year, and no playoff chances. If that would upset the school, then they can still have 2 separate teams for the yr.
read the first post!!!!!!!!!!!