Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Perry repeat in the 14th ? Or is Breathitt the clear cut , hands down favorite
Just going off of the the scrimmage last week at JC, Perry didn’t appear to be anywhere close to as strong as last season’s squad. Assuming they had all of their players at JC.

(11-22-2022, 09:43 PM)MADDBOMBER14 Wrote: Perry has its best shooting team in the last 4 or 5 years..they did lose alot of leadership and Brock made up for a lot of the slack..they will miss that this season but if coach Hoskins and get through to them to be a team and trust each other they will be a dangerous team..kizer is playing at another level this year which is going to help them..they can go about 7 or 8 deep and don’t loose much so that will help them come region time. Just my opinion
Are you saying that This years Perry team is the best shooting team they’ve had in years or last years team? This years Perry team didn’t seem to shoot very well vs Paintsville. Most of their scoring came from inside and transition in that scrimmage.
No titles won in November. Breathitt and Perry will be at their best come tournament time. No need to have panties in a wad over a few scrimmages. Perry’s gonna miss Landon, Lanse, and Brock no doubt just like Breathitt will miss Turner. Wolfe will have a real hard time replacing Tolson. Gonna be a very competitive year of basketball in the 14th. Boys and Girls. Hopefully not very many blowouts.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • Mountainparkway
I don’t think bhs will miss turner as much as Perry misses the three you named. Turner no doubt was the best athlete and at times best player in the region, but he rarely showed up last year for the big games and actually hurt them. At times I think combs would have filled the role better.

It’s going to be a good competitive year with about four teams that will have a shot at the title. Hope all the teams stay injury free and play at their best ability.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mountainparkway's post:
  • DukeBoy
Watched both Perry and Breathitt play this week. Perry is going to be in contention at the end of the year just on coaching alone. They might not have the best athletes but they have one of the best coaches if not the best in the 14th. If Breathitt can control the ball and not have turnovers they will be hard to beat in the 14th. Only problem I see with Breathitt is foul trouble and the short bench they have. It will be a fun and exciting mountain basketball season!
(11-25-2022, 12:36 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Harlan County will be a tuff opponent for Perry considering the game is over in BFE.  I would scheduled a weaker game or two so they can gel a little.  Trent Noah may put up 50.  Not sure anyone can guard him.
IF Harlan County does win, and that's a big if, I'd be shocked if it was anything close to the 21-point margin this time last year in Hazard. You won't see a nicer school/gym anywhere on your side of the mountain.
Harlan County has the nicest high school gym I’ve ever been in. Beautiful
I heard Breathitt defeated LexCath by 1 at Martin County’s scrimmages yesterday. That’s a good win even if it is only a scrimmage. LexCath is rated around 9th in the preseason state polls. 6’7 Christian Collins scored over 30 points.
It will be interesting to see how this season shakes out at the end but I think when considering what Breathitt has coming back compared to what everyone else has returning that one would clearly have to give the Bobcats the favorites label. Perry Central is in the mix as well, particularly with the tournament played on their court. But it’s going to take a big effort to keep these Bobcats from hoisting the championship trophy next spring.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LOOKAYANNER's post:
  • Wildcat100
(11-26-2022, 01:26 AM)Blue_Bird96 Wrote: Just going off of the the scrimmage last week at JC, Perry didn’t appear to be anywhere close to as strong as last season’s squad. Assuming they had all of their players at JC.

(11-22-2022, 09:43 PM)MADDBOMBER14 Wrote: Perry has its best shooting team in the last 4 or 5 years..they did lose alot of leadership and Brock made up for a lot of the slack..they will miss that this season but if coach Hoskins and get through to them to be a team and trust each other they will be a dangerous team..kizer is playing at another level this year which is going to help them..they can go about 7 or 8 deep and don’t loose much so that will help them come region time. Just my opinion
Are you saying that This years Perry team is the best shooting team they’ve had in years or last years team? This years Perry team didn’t seem to shoot very well vs Paintsville. Most of their scoring came from inside and transition in that scrimmage.
Yes I’m saying this years team 1-5 on any giving night can shoot the ball better than the past 3 or 4 years team they’ve had..not saying consistently or anything like that what I’m saying is they have that option that they haven’t had before..before they’ve had 1 or 2 good shooters and that’s it now they have 3 or 4 good shooters..they didn’t shoot the ball well at all neither scrimmage they played in..but it will be there by tournament time..young team and new starters trying to gel together

(11-28-2022, 12:33 AM)MADDBOMBER14 Wrote:
(11-26-2022, 01:26 AM)Blue_Bird96 Wrote: Just going off of the the scrimmage last week at JC, Perry didn’t appear to be anywhere close to as strong as last season’s squad. Assuming they had all of their players at JC.

Yes I’m saying this years team 1-5 on any giving night can shoot the ball better than the past 3 or 4 years team they’ve had..not saying consistently or anything like that what I’m saying is they have that option that they haven’t had before..before they’ve had 1 or 2 good shooters and that’s it now they have 3 or 4 good shooters..they didn’t shoot the ball well at all neither scrimmage they played in..but it will be there by tournament time..young team and new starters trying to gel together
Their problem with being young is being consistent!!
Why isn’t Sperry getting the points the past two scrimmages? I figured he would dominate this year and be Breathitts main go to
(11-28-2022, 12:53 AM)WaterBoy15thregion Wrote: Why isn’t Sperry getting the points the past two scrimmages? I figured he would dominate this year and be Breathitts main go to
Just my take on it but 1st game Breathitt played football up in the No Ky area and got back late the night before so he didn't play a whole lot since he hadn't practiced. With Lexington Catholic and a 7 footer protecting the rim it makes it tough to get to the basket. Collins showed what he's capable of in that game with 30+.

Their problem with being young is being consistent!!
I agree that all around it’s our best shooting team in the last few years, 1-4 Beverly, woods, day and slone can all shoot the 3 ball, knight, castle and Mcalarnis not so much but they have their own jobs to do.  I think sharing the ball and playing as a team is gonna be Shannon’s biggest task ..