Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin-JC Dreaded Thread #2 : Tailgating and Trash Talk Special
Let's talk Football and Food !!!!  Only five hours until game time.   Let's hear from everyone who's gonna be at the game or watching the game online.  

What food do you have on the menu?   What drink ( LOL)  ?  

I'm looking for Bull with his hot-chocolate holding container.  Anyone gonna be grilling outside the premises?  Anyone bringing your own port-a-toilet ?

So, now that you've had a whole week to think about it, who wins and what do you think will be the margin ?

Corbin is  0-2 all-time vs JC . Does the losing streak end tonight or will the Eagles continue to have the Hounds' number?

As the mods will tell you  ,  KEEP IT FUN !!!!

"I AIN'T NOTHING BUT A HOUND DOG , BUT I WON"T BE CRYIN' TONIGHT "

Who do you think gets the ball first?    I think if Corbin wins the toss, they will defer.   However, something tells me that if JC wins the toss, they will take the ball and try to repeat last year's opening.  No matter the toss, I think the Eagles go on offense first.  What do you think?

(11-18-2022, 04:43 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Let's talk Football and Food !!!!  Only five hours until game time.   Let's hear from everyone who's gonna be at the game or watching the game online.  

I'm looking for Bull with his hot-chocolate holding container.  Anyone gonna be grilling outside the premises?  Anyone bringing your own port-a-toilet ?

So, now that you've had a whole week to think about it, who wins and what do you think will be the margin ?

Corbin is  0-2 all-time vs JC . Does the losing streak end tonight or will the Eagles continue to have the Hounds' number?

Who do you think gets the ball first?    I think if Corbin wins the toss, they will defer and attempt to send a message that these Eagles will have a short life-expectancy on the ground.   However, something tells me that if JC wins the toss, they will take the ball and try to repeat last year's opening.  No matter the toss, I think the Eagles go on offense first.  What do you think?
[-] The following 4 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!, Granny Bear, Hoot Gibson, Westside
WTH guys!!! I leave the thread less than 12 hrs and you guys get the thread closed. Lol! That’s what I’m talking about. Lol. You guys have made me proud. I’ll be set up right in front of the stadium if ya won’t stop by and talk some football. I’ll be by a silver Pacifica.

(11-18-2022, 04:43 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Let's talk Football and Food !!!!  Only five hours until game time.   Let's hear from everyone who's gonna be at the game or watching the game online.  

Who do you think gets the ball first?    I think if Corbin wins the toss, they will defer.   However, something tells me that if JC wins the toss, they will take the ball and try to repeat last year's opening.  No matter the toss, I think the Eagles go on offense first.  What do you think?

Who do you think gets the ball first?    I think if Corbin wins the toss, they will defer and attempt to send a message that these Eagles will have a short life-expectancy on the ground.   However, something tells me that if JC wins the toss, they will take the ball and try to repeat last year's opening.  No matter the toss, I think the Eagles go on offense first.  What do you think?
Pretty sure if we win the coin toss Greer will defer.
[-] The following 2 users Like Sgt Slaughter's post:
  • Bull got out!, Old School Hound
I got two full propane tanks for my heater. I am fixing to get my chug I mean jug for my Hot Chocolate!!! I’m hoping to drink a cup for every punt lol of the opposing team. I’m going to look like a Goodyear blimp I’ll be so bundled. If anyone sees a fire in the stands. I may have ignited!!
[-] The following 4 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Granny Bear, Hoot Gibson, Sgt Slaughter, TheStickyBandit
(11-18-2022, 05:01 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I got two full propane tanks for my heater. I am fixing to get my chug I mean jug for my Hot Chocolate!!! I’m hoping to drink a cup for every punt lol of the opposing team. I’m going to look like a Goodyear blimp I’ll be so bundled. If anyone sees a fire in the stands. I may have ignited!!

Good idea on the chocolate. I'm gonna find me the biggest container I can find.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!
Our boys are ready. As focused as I have seen them. It’s up to them now. Either leave it on the field or live with a lifetime of regret
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sgt Slaughter's post:
  • Granny Bear
(11-18-2022, 05:11 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote: Our boys are ready. As focused as I have seen them. It’s up to them now. Either leave it on the field or live with a lifetime of regret

Spoken like a true Sergeant...
I will be at home, seated in my Leap V2 chair, watching the game at https://t1073.com/sports.html (voice of the Redhounds) on one monitor and Lexington Catholic on a second monitor. I will probably have the BGR Various Updates thread up on the third monitor. I may mute the sound and stream WSIP's play-by-play if it matches the video.

I am picking Johnson Central in an 8 point upset win over Corbin for three reasons. First, and the most important, I am a Johnson Central fan. I was there when the program began and followed them for years before they finally won a playoff game. I played for Coach Peck's grandfather, who was Johnson Central's first football coach.

The second reason is that a Johnson Central win would gain me at least a couple of points in the Overall Pick'em standings over most users and I need to pick a few upsets to improve my standing. 

The third reason is that if Johnson Central can hold its own along the offensive line, then I think it will be very hard for Corbin to contain all of JC's running back and it will be tough for Corbin to run against Johnson Central's defense. That leaves the passing game, and I don't think Corbin is capable of scoring enough through the air to win, without mounting a strong running game.

If Corbin controls the LOS on both sides of the ball, then I doubt that JC will have much of a chance but I have confidence that Johnson Central's line will be much better than most Corbin fans are expecting. If the battle along the LOS is a stalemate, then Corbin will probably win because of its kicking game. Johnson Central has to move the chains consistently tonight, especially when deep in their own territory and they need to at least flip the field with their drives to make Corbin sustain some long drives of their own. The Golden Eagles cannot afford many three-and-outs starting from their own 20 and expect to win.

As for food, I will probably have thinly sliced ribeye over rice and a salad for dinner and maybe a bowl of popcorn during the game. Or maybe I will fix some homemade hot dog sauce and have a couple of hot dogs during the game.
[-] The following 5 users Like Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Bull got out!, Granny Bear, jetpilot, TheStickyBandit, Westside
Forecast at kick-off is 31 degrees, with winds of only 2 to 3 mph.
I've been thinking on this for a couple of weeks now.  I keep coming back to 28-14 , 35-14 , maybe  35 -21  .  I really think that first possession for each team is really important, and could be a tone-setter. If the Eagles march down and score and eat up clock on their first possession, then I believe game is on and we are probably in for a dandy. If they get hit in the mouth early, this Corbin team won't back down like last year's. They will hit back.  The dysfunction of last year doesn't seem to be an issue this year. The team seems focused and united for one goal---  beating Johnson Central.  

If JC struggles early with their run game and Corbin becomes convinced they can shut it down and Corbin gains the upper hand early with some scores,  the game game could turn into a running clock affair or close to it.

Whatever happens, it's gonna be a fun night at the ol' ball orchard !!!
'
  • Sgt Slaughter
(11-18-2022, 05:01 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I got two full propane tanks for my heater. I am fixing to get my chug I mean jug for my Hot Chocolate!!! I’m hoping to drink a cup for every punt lol of the opposing team. I’m going to look like a Goodyear blimp I’ll be so bundled. If anyone sees a fire in the stands. I may have ignited!!
Hahah
  • Bull got out!
First off!! I’m disappointed! The thread got closed and not a single person got a temp
Ban? Weak sauce!!!! And to answer your question old school, going now to park another truck, parking lot close to rec center. Bourbon, bourbon, and I’ll wash it down with bourbon. Food wise…. Does bourbon with ice qualify as food if I chew it?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Granny Bear
(11-18-2022, 05:23 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: I will be at home, seated in my Leap V2 chair, watching the game at https://t1073.com/sports.html (voice of the Redhounds) on one monitor and Lexington Catholic on a second monitor. I will probably have the BGR Various Updates thread up on the third monitor. I may mute the sound and stream WSIP's play-by-play if it matches the video.

I am picking Johnson Central in an 8 point upset win over Corbin for three reasons. First, and the most important, I am a Johnson Central fan. I was there when the program began and followed them for years before they finally won a playoff game. I played for Coach Peck's grandfather, who was Johnson Central's first football coach.

The second reason is that a Johnson Central win would gain me at least a couple of points in the Overall Pick'em standings over most users and I need to pick a few upsets to improve my standing. 

The third reason is that if Johnson Central can hold its own along the offensive line, then I think it will be very hard for Corbin to contain all of JC's running back and it will be tough for Corbin to run against Johnson Central's defense. That leaves the passing game, and I don't think Corbin is capable of scoring enough through the air to win, without mounting a strong running game.

If Corbin controls the LOS on both sides of the ball, then I doubt that JC will have much of a chance but I have confidence that Johnson Central's line will be much better than most Corbin fans are expecting. If the battle along the LOS is a stalemate, then Corbin will probably win because of its kicking game. Johnson Central has to move the chains consistently tonight, especially when deep in their own territory and they need to at least flip the field with their drives to make Corbin sustain some long drives of their own. The Golden Eagles cannot afford many three-and-outs starting from their own 20 and expect to win.

As for food, I will probably have thinly sliced ribeye over rice and a salad for dinner and maybe a bowl of popcorn during the game. Or maybe I will fix some homemade hot dog sauce and have a couple of hot dogs during the game.

Really good analysis !!!  I don't agree with every single point but I agree with most them.
  • jetpilot
Johnson Central would have to fumble early and often for Corbin to win by a running clock. Johnson Central is not a slow, plodding team and their running backs are difficult to tackle in the open field. Unlike many teams, JC will not keep going to the same running back if he is getting stopped - their offense will take what Corbin gives them. McCoart is JC's leading rusher, but Price has led the team in rushing several times this season and Lawson has had several 100 pards+ rushing games too. But I agree, the early possessions will be a key in this game.
(11-18-2022, 05:27 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: I've been thinking on this for a couple of weeks now.  I keep coming back to 28-14 , 35-14 , maybe  35 -21  .  I really think that first possession for each team is really important, and could be a tone-setter. If the Eagles march down and score and eat up clock on their first possession, then I believe game is on and we are probably in for a dandy. If they get hit in the mouth early, this Corbin team won't back down like last year's. They will hit back.  The dysfunction of last year doesn't seem to be an issue this year. The team seems focused and united for one goal---  beating Johnson Central.  

If JC struggles early with their run game and Corbin becomes convinced they can shut it down and Corbin gains the upper hand early with some scores,  the game game could turn into a running clock affair or close to it.

'
I will say this. We will not be sitting back and letting the line come to our LB’s first. There’s gonna be more blitzing than a bunch of old white ladies hitting the turkey isle at your local Kroger. We’re gonna smash more heads than the mole game at nibroc. This team will fight. So I doubt we’ll see even close to what last years game was like. If JC is basing this team off last years team they’re making a huge mistake. And we can score a bunch of points through the air. We’ve done it all year. Jc doesn’t have the db’s to cover all out threats. I’d say we’re gonna spread the field , which will pull some LB’s out. That’ll open up our run game. You’re gonna have to stop one or the other if you can. But you won’t stop us from scoring. Our D will set the tone. If they come out and pick up a couple of stops Corbin will win. Mark it down. It’s gonna be a war , it comes down to who can take the most punches and laugh
(11-18-2022, 05:29 PM)Hound05 Wrote: First off!! I’m disappointed! The thread got closed and not a single person got a temp
Ban? Weak sauce!!!! And to answer your question old school, going now to park another truck, parking lot close to rec center. Bourbon, bourbon, and I’ll wash it down with bourbon. Food wise…. Does bourbon with ice qualify as food if I chew it?

I come back from Walmart and the thread was shutdown.
(11-18-2022, 05:32 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-18-2022, 05:23 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: I will be at home, seated in my Leap V2 chair, watching the game at https://t1073.com/sports.html (voice of the Redhounds) on one monitor and Lexington Catholic on a second monitor. I will probably have the BGR Various Updates thread up on the third monitor. I may mute the sound and stream WSIP's play-by-play if it matches the video.

Really good analysis !!!  I don't agree with every single point but I agree with most them.
Remarks in bold is the only thing I agree with about your analysis
  • Hound05
This is shaping up to be a heavyweight title fight! I would go to this game over any other game in the state if my hometown Panthers weren’t playing. Hopefully Pikeville will put Paintsville away early and I can still catch a lot of this one. Best of luck to the Fighting Hoots and the Smackdown OSHs and definitely will be pulling for the winner the rest of the way.

Final prediction
28-27 in overtime
(11-18-2022, 05:37 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:
(11-18-2022, 05:27 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: I've been thinking on this for a couple of weeks now.  I keep coming back to 28-14 , 35-14 , maybe  35 -21  .  I really think that first possession for each team is really important, and could be a tone-setter. If the Eagles march down and score and eat up clock on their first possession, then I believe game is on and we are probably in for a dandy. If they get hit in the mouth early, this Corbin team won't back down like last year's. They will hit back.  The dysfunction of last year doesn't seem to be an issue this year. The team seems focused and united for one goal---  beating Johnson Central.  

'
I will say this. We will not be sitting back and letting the line come to our LB’s first. There’s gonna be more blitzing than a bunch of old white ladies hitting the turkey isle at your local Kroger. We’re gonna smash more heads than the mole game at nibroc. This team will fight. So I doubt we’ll see even close to what last years game was like. If JC is basing this team off last years team they’re making a huge mistake. And we can score a bunch of points through the air. We’ve done it all year. Jc doesn’t have the db’s to cover all out threats. I’d say we’re gonna spread the field , which will pull some LB’s out. That’ll open up our run game. You’re gonna have to stop one or the other if you can. But you won’t stop us from scoring. Our D will set the tone. If they come out and pick up a couple of stops Corbin will win. Mark it down. It’s gonna be a war , it comes down to who can take the most punches and laugh

Sergeant Slaughter--- the King of Metaphors!!!!

(11-18-2022, 05:42 PM)jetpilot Wrote: This is shaping up to be a heavyweight title fight! I would go to this game over any other game in the state if my hometown Panthers weren’t playing. Hopefully Pikeville will put Paintsville away early and I can still catch a lot of this one. Best of luck to the Fighting Hoots and the Smackdown OSHs and definitely will be pulling for the winner the rest of the way.

Final prediction
28-27 in overtime

Thanks, Jet.   Should be a dandy!!!  Good luck to the Panthers, who I will be rooting for the rest of the way.  Contrary to what the  class snobs might say (LOL) , I think Pikeville is one of the best teams in the state.
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • jetpilot, Sgt Slaughter
I’m rooting to Pikeville to bring it home. Have been since Day 1. Hope we both represent the wymt viewing area.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Corbin's post:
  • jetpilot
Corbin has very solid DL play and nice depth there to keep them fresh. Also very very good LB play. Corbin’s D vs JC’s O is going to be the tale of the tape. I think Corbin can and will score points, but can they consistently stop JC?
My guess is yes but can’t wait to see how this plays out. Big time game and I’ve loved all the posts this week, it’s been very entertaining. Good luck to both teams, whichever wins this game is who I’ll be rooting for in 4A.
[-] The following 2 users Like Micro-Brew's post:
  • Old School Hound, Sgt Slaughter
I just tried some of the Hot Chocolate.........Man that stuff is good...I tripled my scoops LOL......
(11-18-2022, 05:41 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:

You’re drinking early today. Idk what’ll hurt worse in the morning for you the hangover or the big L.
(11-18-2022, 06:23 PM)Gold River Wrote:
(11-18-2022, 05:41 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:

You’re drinking early today. Idk what’ll hurt worse in the morning for you the hangover or the big L.
(Just in case you did not notice, the first thread was closed and this one replaced it. The title is similar, so it would be easy to overlook the difference. Please disregard this post if you already know what happened with the previous thread.)
I was hoping Gold River got him a deer this morning so he could come to the game tonight..
Whatever the outcome I bet johnson central runs it all over corbin and greer makes no adjustments. Hopefully corbin can outscore them.
Bull got out!I just tried some of the Hot Chocolate.........Man that stuff is good...I tripled my scoops LOL...... 

Ok now I have to try some.!!!
  • Bull got out!
I put 27 hand and foot warmers on and now I’m sweating lol.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • 64SUR, Granny Bear
When I first read Slaughter's post, I thought he said he would be the one with the silver pacifier.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • Bull got out!, Sgt Slaughter
I had a great day at the off-track racing in Williamsburg. Got a bag full of money……….Guess I will see if we have any gambler on the Johnson central bleachers. Wish me luck!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!