Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Belfry 56 Russell 14
Congratulations to Belfry and Good Luck next week.
Congratulations Belfry
Congratulations Belfry now looks like a trip to Ashland
Congratulations Belfry!!
I was wrong about this one. Looks like it followed the pattern of Russell’s Raceland and Lawrence games. Stay in it for awhile, make a couple of key mistakes, and then quit. Belfry at Putnam Stadium next week is one to look forward to.
Belfry should be able to go into putnam and get the win but putnam is a tough place to play so you never know.
Congrats Belfry. Was Coach Haywood able to coach in this one?
(11-05-2022, 12:53 AM)Westside Wrote: Congrats Belfry. Was Coach Haywood able to coach in this one?

I think he was in the pressbox.
[-] The following 1 user Likes GOREDDEVILS's post:
  • Westside
Congratulations Pirates
Kept reading on the pre game thread how Russell had the ability to make a run. A run to where…..the house?

Start working on pulling guards; Buck sweep, trap, cross cross, and waggle.
(11-05-2022, 09:58 AM)ROTC Wrote: Kept reading on the pre game thread how Russell had the ability to make a run.  A run to where…..the house?

Start working on pulling guards; Buck sweep, trap, cross cross, and waggle.

You are correct.  I eat my crow.  I was one of those who still saw hope for this Russell team.  They had some talented and strong players.  Last night's game followed the same pattern as many of their other losses, though.  Down 21-14 right before halftime, they threw a pick 6 that changed the complexion of the game and essentially ended the night.  Granted, the team had no collective spirit to rally and come back after these types of plays occurred this season, but the coaches never changed up anything after watching the same story play out game after game after game after game.  Hard to believe really.  Russell severely underachieved this season.

The Devils biggest challenge going forward, particularly after what they put on the field this season, will be keeping any talented players they have in maroon rather than orange.
Belfry will struggle at Ashland
Belfry’s most complete game and without Dre Young. I like their chances at Putnam.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bucslover68's post:
  • Patriot1
(11-05-2022, 11:13 AM)bucslover68 Wrote: Belfry’s most complete game and without Dre Young.  I like their chances at Putnam.
Will he be back bucslover68 ?
(11-05-2022, 12:08 PM)Patriot1 Wrote:
(11-05-2022, 11:13 AM)bucslover68 Wrote: Belfry’s most complete game and without Dre Young.  I like their chances at Putnam.
Will he be back bucslover68 ?
Not heard anything specific yet Patriot!
[-] The following 1 user Likes bucslover68's post:
  • Patriot1
(11-05-2022, 11:13 AM)bucslover68 Wrote: Belfry’s most complete game and without Dre Young.  I like their chances at Putnam
Very solid effort last night by the Pirates.  Too much speed for the Red Devils.  

As you know….Ashland has historically been a tough place for the Pirates to get a win.  If Young is back that would be a huge boost. 

we both know this……ALOT of people are pulling for Ashland.   Smile Smile Smile
A lot of people will be pulling for Belfry. I will be pulling for the Pirates, along with most other JC supporters, I suspect. I hope that Dre Young returns to the lineup soon and that Coach Haywood returns to the sidelines.
This is the time of year that Belfry starts trying; LOL! Ashland will lose
(11-05-2022, 10:41 AM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: Belfry will struggle at Ashland

Here we go again. All we heard last week how good a 2-8 team is and that it was going to be a long night for Belfry. But go ahead and count us out again. No doubt, going to Ashland will be tough. But, no one on Pond Creek is going to just lie down and roll over either. There's plenty of room in the "Belfry vs. Ashland" thread to tell us how bad we are and how we will struggle.
I thought Belfry would struggle without Young. But they rallied...watch out 3A
(11-05-2022, 07:18 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: I thought Belfry would struggle without Young. But they rallied...watch out 3A

It's next man up when you have injuries. They didn't lose a beat last night. Belfry's defense and control of the line was just too much. The 2 pick sixes was just killer for Russell. 

Belfry entered last years playoffs 5-6 and won the whole damn thing. Can they do it again? ..maybe, maybe not but don't doubt Haywood coached teams.
(11-05-2022, 07:23 PM)Hey BelfryPride Wrote:
(11-05-2022, 07:18 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: I thought Belfry would struggle without Young. But they rallied...watch out 3A

It's next man up when you have injuries. They didn't lose a beat last night. Belfry's defense and control of the line was just too much. The 2 pick sixes was just killer for Russell. 

Belfry entered last years playoffs 5-6 and won the whole damn thing. Can they do it again? ..maybe, maybe not but don't doubt Haywood coached teams.
Any update on Young’s availability for Friday?   Would be a big boost to have him back.
I think he will still be out.
It won’t matter; Belfry wins!!!