Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Estill County
37.50%
Rockcastle County
62.50%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockcastle @ Estill County 9/23
Rockcastle County will travel to Estill County this Friday.

Rockcastle County (3-2)
Aug 20, 22 Casey County at Campbellsville (W) 35 - 24  Forcht Bank Bowl 
Aug 26, 22 East Jessamine home (W) 27 - 17 
Sep 2, 22 Wayne County away (L) 0 - 28 
Sep 9, 22 LaRue County away (L) 20 - 44 
Sep 16, 22 South Laurel home (W) 62 - 12

Estill County (3-2)
Aug 19, 22 Powell County home (W) 14 - 6  Battle for 82 Bowl 
Aug 26, 22 South Laurel away (W) 38 - 15 
Sep 2, 22 East Carter away (L) 18 - 25 
Sep 9, 22 Dayton home (W) 21 - 8 Robbie Wiseman Memorial Classic 
Sep 16, 22 Harrison County away (L) 20 - 23

Series Per KHSAA
Oct 16, 1998 Rockcastle County 38 Estill County 9 District Game
Sep 17, 1999 Rockcastle County 34 Estill County 0
Sep 15, 2000 Rockcastle County 68 Estill County 0
Sep 14, 2001 Rockcastle County 55 Estill County 0
Sep 20, 2002 Rockcastle County 55 Estill County 16
Sep 9, 2011 Rockcastle County 55 Estill County 19
Sep 7, 2012 Rockcastle County 46 Estill County 18
Sep 27, 2019 Rockcastle County 18 Estill County 13
Nov 8, 2019 Rockcastle County 50 Estill County 14 2019 Class 3A 2019 UK Orthopaedics/KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
Sep 24, 2021 Rockcastle County 24 Estill County 14

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...696a656543

Thoughts?
Rock crushes Estill!
This will be a good one. A home playoff game on the line in this one. Estill has some play makers and could give Rock some problems. For Rockcastle Bullock looked more confident at QB last week. It looks like Moore is still out for a few more weeks. I'm going to take my Rockets in this one 26-21
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(09-18-2022, 11:26 PM)ROCKSOLID69 Wrote: This will be a good one. A home playoff game on the line in this one. Estill has some play makers and could give Rock some problems. For Rockcastle Bullock looked more confident at QB last week. It looks like Moore is still out for a few more weeks. I'm going to take my Rockets in this one 26-21
Who is Bullock?  Prewitt is the QB for Rockcastle .
Rockcastle County 35
Estill County 21
Estill could give Rock a run for its money early. But I believe Rock pulls away in the second half. 35-14.
Estill always wakes up this time of year and messes up the district, but i think the Rock can get it done. This is the fight for a shot to knock off bell and get 1st in the district, but it starts off in this game.

ps… neither team can knock off bell unless the rock gets another dudley hater crew to call the game.
Cam Prewitt is starting to get more comfortable playing QB ever week. If we can get solid QB play with throwing in some screens or short roll out passes or slants over the middle to keep defenses from loading up the box we can still have a good enough offense to win several more games. With Caleb Moore out at QB/Safety it def hurts but doesn’t appear he will be back most likely at all this season. It’s still a slim chance that he does come back but it won’t happen until either last game or the playoffs if at all. I still think Rock keeps the undefeated streak alive against Estill this week and pulls out a close game.

Rock 35
Estill 26
0-line has to show up for the Rock. They started a freshman last week. Going to be a bigger test for them this week. Prewitt needs to keep improving. DBs need to be on the same page and not give up big plays. That being said I’ll still take the Rock
The official season begins tomorrow for both teams as we enter district play. Rock has a solid nucleus to build around the remainder of the season and for the future. If Rock can get the QB back this season then they have a good chance to be a hard out in any game if he doesn’t get to come back the season becomes harder but Prewitt at QB has made a lot of growth and improvement each week. By season end he should be able to have us ready only time will tell. The biggest concern all season has been the O-line play. If Rock can get that figured out then they will be a solid team regardless of who is playing at the QB spot. I still think the district will come down to Rock and Bell next week with Rock having an outside chance to pull out the upset especially with the game being played at Rock and not on log mountain. I think Rock will find a way to beat Estill and be 4-2(1-0) going in to their big district/rivalry game the following week against the Bobcats! As always Let’s go Rock!
Rockets 28-14
(09-20-2022, 01:06 AM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: Cam Prewitt is starting to get more comfortable playing QB ever week. If we can get solid QB play with throwing in some screens or short roll out passes or slants over the middle to keep defenses from loading up the box we can still have a good enough offense to win several more games. With Caleb Moore out at QB/Safety it def hurts but doesn’t appear he will be back most likely at all this season. It’s still a slim chance that he does come back but it won’t happen until either last game or the playoffs if at all. I still think Rock keeps the undefeated streak alive against Estill this week and pulls out a close game.

Rock  35
Estill  26
Is Cam my cousin? My great great great grandmother is a Prewitt.
(09-23-2022, 07:50 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(09-20-2022, 01:06 AM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: Cam Prewitt is starting to get more comfortable playing QB ever week. If we can get solid QB play with throwing in some screens or short roll out passes or slants over the middle to keep defenses from loading up the box we can still have a good enough offense to win several more games. With Caleb Moore out at QB/Safety it def hurts but doesn’t appear he will be back most likely at all this season. It’s still a slim chance that he does come back but it won’t happen until either last game or the playoffs if at all. I still think Rock keeps the undefeated streak alive against Estill this week and pulls out a close game.

Rock  35
Estill  26
I wouldn’t be surprised dougie it seems you have roots here in Rock that stretches all up and down I-75 so if you dig enough you may just find out you have more Rock then Colonel in ya lol only teasing my man
Rock wins tonight pretty easy after a quarter or two. Good thing about Rockcastle updates. I can usually tell if Rock is winning. If there's a lot of updates they are winning, if there's only 4 or 5 they are having a tough game. Can usually tell if they've won before the score gets posted.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BEChargers's post:
  • Bull got out!
(09-23-2022, 03:55 PM)BEChargers Wrote: Rock wins tonight pretty easy after a quarter or two.  Good thing about Rockcastle updates.  I can usually tell if Rock is winning.  If there's a lot of updates they are winning, if there's only 4 or 5 they are having a tough game.  Can usually tell if they've won before the score gets posted.

Lol yea I tend to do that sometimes haha I get frustrated if things aren’t going well and just update periodically. It happens haha I will try an update better during the games I honestly didn’t think people paid much attention but I will do better haha
[-] The following 1 user Likes SmashMouth17's post:
  • BEChargers
(09-23-2022, 12:22 AM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: The official season begins tomorrow for both teams as we enter district play. Rock has a solid nucleus to build around the remainder of the season and for the future. If Rock can get the QB back this season then they have a good chance to be a hard out in any game if he doesn’t get to come back the season becomes harder but Prewitt at QB has made a lot of growth and improvement each week. By season end he should be able to have us ready only time will tell. The biggest concern all season has been the O-line play. If Rock can get that figured out then they will be a solid team regardless of who is playing at the QB spot. I still think the district will come down to Rock and Bell next week with Rock having an outside chance to pull out the upset especially with the game being played at Rock and not on log mountain. I think Rock will find a way to beat Estill and be 4-2(1-0) going in to their big district/rivalry game the following week against  the Bobcats! As always Let’s go Rock!
Did Rock start a freshman OL last week ?
(09-23-2022, 01:32 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote:
(09-23-2022, 07:50 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

Rock  35
Estill  26
I wouldn’t be surprised dougie it seems you have roots here in Rock that stretches all up and down I-75 so if you dig enough you may just find out you have more Rock then Colonel in ya lol only teasing my man

I do have family scattered from moving around so much in the old days,  and I'm a Genealogist. Some of my family went to Rockcastle County from Claiborne County,TN in late 1800's. Smile
End of 1st quarter 

Rock 0

EC  0

Rock 3
Estill 0

Halftime

25 yard fG was good!
Rock 3????
Estill 0
Halftime
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Rock 3

EC 0

Estill is deep inside rock territory

1st and 10 on 21

Defense for Rock gave up the 1 yard td on 4th and goal xp good

Estill 7
Rock 3

7:56 4th quarter
If Rockcastle can’t beat the “new version” of Estill football; they will NEVER over take Bell as a contender. I’m not trying to be mean, just honest. Estill lost relevance about four years ago- honestly.
(09-23-2022, 10:50 PM)ROTC Wrote: If Rockcastle can’t beat the “new version” of Estill football; they will NEVER over take Bell as a contender.  I’m not trying to be mean, just honest.  Estill lost relevance about four years ago- honestly.
A 7-3 loss. Surprised that Rockcastle  
couldn't score a TD. Larkey kid is a very good back and they have some players to go with him. Probably means a 3rd seed in the playoffs.
(09-23-2022, 06:22 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote:
(09-23-2022, 03:55 PM)BEChargers Wrote: Rock wins tonight pretty easy after a quarter or two.  Good thing about Rockcastle updates.  I can usually tell if Rock is winning.  If there's a lot of updates they are winning, if there's only 4 or 5 they are having a tough game.  Can usually tell if they've won before the score gets posted.

Lol yea I tend to do that sometimes haha I get frustrated if things aren’t going well and just update periodically. It happens haha I will try an update better during the games I honestly didn’t think people paid much attention but I will do better haha

Just messin with ya SM.  I've done the same thing.  Sorry about tonight, thought you all would get em.
(09-23-2022, 06:22 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote:

Yes, he started last week and this week. He is doing well.
According to stats. Estill held Rock to 77 yards of total offense. 65 rushing and 12 passing. Is that correct?!?!?
(09-26-2022, 09:48 AM)Strikeout King Wrote: According to stats. Estill held Rock to 77 yards of total offense. 65 rushing and 12 passing. Is that correct?!?!?
Sounds about right. Ugly offensive game. Multiple dropped passes. Very conservative play calling. RBs have to block better for each other. May be some more young faces out there in the near future.