Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 45 Somerset 7
Final.

Congratulations Hounds!!
Kind of expected. Corbin very good, Somerset very mediocre.
Way to go Hounds. Anybody have the stats?
Congratulations to Corbin
Looked like the kind of passing game I like to see, Bam Bam Bam all over the field!! I love the bombs baby!! Nice Offense Corbin!
Congratulations!!
Congratulations Corbin
Congrats Corbin!
38-0 with running clock at the half. Somerset seems to have some good transfers and a nice young QB but this one was over from jump street. Would liked to have seen the starters get maybe a series or two in second half to work on things but with so many kids on the roster, I can understand getting them some Pt.
Seemed like Somerset was down from the start. They kept fighting, but the hounds were just to much. I guess some reps are better than no reps. On to SK
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sgt Slaughter's post:
  • Hound05
(09-16-2022, 10:57 PM)pjdoug Wrote: Way to go  Hounds. Anybody have the stats?
I know at half time that somerset had less than 10 yards on the ground. I can’t remember is the net total was 4 or 9? But we shut them down on the ground. Passing wise wasn’t good either. I know we had one INT. Maybe 2? We scored on every possession but one. Elam had a great game! Some solid bombs. One was dropped that was pretty!! Can’t really include 2nd half, I think our starters did one possession  
(09-16-2022, 11:38 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Looked like the kind of passing game I like to see, Bam Bam Bam all over the field!! I love the bombs baby!! Nice Offense Corbin!
Congratulations!!
Much much better. I didn’t tbink we’d have a clock in the 2nd qtr. but they were focused tonight. Defense swarmed again. Passing wise, again.. much better. Actually throwing downfield. My one complaint other than the Drink I got was flat… was the screens. Bunny’s we’re all over them. I looked to the guy next to me and said it’s like joker Phillips, “they definitely won’t expect it this time when we do it!”  Maybe they were pressing us and that’s why we beat them deep? I don’t know, but the screens def weren’t working anytime we ran them. 

I’m hoping the put curry’s run on the news or the highlight video, I had to use the bathroom and all I heard was cheering and then “oughhhhh”. I asked and they said he flat out laid a defender down. Sorry the guy got hurt on it, but I’d still like to see it
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Bull got out!
I’m sure some Somerset fans will sound off at some point but I just watched some of the game on Facebook. Corbin was better prepared, better coached and it helps to have better athletes. Depth seems to be a real issue at Somerset. Once Corbin got past the front 3 it was a mess for Somerset. That defense from linebackers to safety was just whipped all over the field.

Somerset will win a couple more games by out athleting some teams but not going to have success against the top tier squads.
(09-17-2022, 02:00 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
I know at half time that somerset had less than 10 yards on the ground. I can’t remember is the net total was 4 or 9? But we shut them down on the ground. Passing wise wasn’t good either. I know we had one INT. Maybe 2? We scored on every possession but one. Elam had a great game! Some solid bombs. One was dropped that was pretty!! Can’t really include 2nd half, I think our starters did one possession  
(09-16-2022, 11:38 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Looked like the kind of passing game I like to see, Bam Bam Bam all over the field!! I love the bombs baby!! Nice Offense Corbin!
Congratulations!!
Much much better. I didn’t tbink we’d have a clock in the 2nd qtr. but they were focused tonight. Defense swarmed again. Passing wise, again.. much better. Actually throwing downfield. My one complaint other than the Drink I got was flat… was the screens. Bunny’s we’re all over them. I looked to the guy next to me and said it’s like joker Phillips, “they definitely won’t expect it this time when we do it!”  Maybe they were pressing us and that’s why we beat them deep? I don’t know, but the screens def weren’t working anytime we ran them. 

I’m hoping the put curry’s run on the news or the highlight video, I had to use the bathroom and all I heard was cheering and then “oughhhhh”. I asked and they said he flat out laid a defender down. Sorry the guy got hurt on it, but I’d still like to see it

Sounds like they did everything they should have. Combs and Curry are big time players, and Elam is going to be a superstar.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!
Congratulations!!

I like Marino at QB with John Riggins and Walter Payton behind him in the backfield . Gimme Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, Mark Clayton and Mark Duper in a 4 WR set.
  • Bull got out!
Really liked seeing the long balls being thrown, enjoy watching how these young men are playing together, all the high fives and hugs are good to see again…

(09-17-2022, 06:04 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
Congratulations!!

Sounds like they did everything they should have. Combs and Curry are big time players, and Elam is going to be a superstar.

Hope your doing well Dougie, been up to my rear end in alligators, haven’t been able to catch up this week…praying for your health my friend
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!
Congratulations!!

I’d say Somersets game plan was to take away something… but when Kid Elam threw that first big pass play, all those receivers were wide open! I knew then he would have a field day throwing the ball. I thought our boys look really good! Kid Elam has such an arm sometimes that he can throw way past a receiver and that’s good because in time he will be burning heads down field at will. And Elam has wheels and that’s a winning combination.. I know we can run as a team. But I like the arm to control the defense so we can do both! I like seeing the scoreboard quickly blowing up!! How about big foot nailing that field goal with a mile to spare.. Lots of good things for the boys to be proud of!  Looked like everyone was having fun! That’s awesome!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Hound05
(09-17-2022, 07:42 AM)TD Hounds Wrote: Really liked seeing the long balls being thrown, enjoy watching how these young men are playing together, all the high fives and hugs are good to see again…

(09-17-2022, 06:04 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
Congratulations!!

Hope your doing well Dougie, been up to my rear end in alligators, haven’t been able to catch up this week…praying for your health my friend

Thanks for that. I'm doing Ok. How are you doing?
I believe Corbin goes 10-0 in the regular season. The big question is how deep of a run will they make. IMO if they make it to Lexington they will be the favorite to win it all. It's hurts but yeah I said it and I'm a boyle fan
[-] The following 1 user Likes True pioneer's post:
  • Bull got out!
(09-18-2022, 12:29 AM)True pioneer Wrote: I believe Corbin goes 10-0 in the regular season. The big question is how deep of a run will they make. IMO if they make it to Lexington they will be the favorite to win it all. It's hurts but yeah I said it and I'm a boyle fan

I definitely think Corbin is capable of winning it all this year, but I thought the same thing last year.
  • Bull got out!
(09-18-2022, 12:29 AM)True pioneer Wrote: I believe Corbin goes 10-0 in the regular season. The big question is how deep of a run will they make. IMO if they make it to Lexington they will be the favorite to win it all. It's hurts but yeah I said it and I'm a boyle fan

I can't see Justin Haddix losing to Tommy Greer. Corbin needs to hope Boyle hits a detour on its way to Lexington.
Corbin will not loose until they come across the Justin haddix buzz saw …. Very good team but Boyle is on another level ….
Old School Hound sounds like you need to change your name to Old School Rebel.If you can't support your team your screen name is blasphemy lol.