Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wayne County 28 Rockcastle Country 0
Final from Monticello.  The Cardinals shut out the Rockets.
WOW! Wayne is a team to keep a eye on...
Wayne came to play. Wayne's Qb did what ever he wanted to. The toughness Rocks defense is not there. Hopefully QB Caleb Moore is ok.without him the offense is as one demential as it gets.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I liked what Wayne looked like last year... they were young and wll be a threat before long....Good looking team... I like the QB!
Wayne QB is as advertised! He may be a sophomore but is certainly a D1 player. Rock offense line didn’t show up tonight. 4 bad snaps certainly changed the entire first half. 2-3 of those snaps ended up turnovers and they never helped. 2nd quarter Rock lost its QB and that ended all chances Rock had. 2nd half Rock made the adjustments that had we still had a QB maybe Rock could have made a game out of it. Halftime it was 21-0 second half Defense only allowed 1 score but with Christian Larkey having to play QB it really limits our offense. Hopefully our QB isn’t out the remainder of the season but if he is then we will have to figure out another way to get the offense going that doesn’t involve having Larkey to take hit after hit or things could get worse.
Wayne had to do that with Sloan against JC in the playoffs a couple years ago, move him the most dangerous running back at that time to QB.... Sounds like the turnovers was a huge part of this one and the injury.... Hope the QB is o.k. Prayers for him..
Somewhat surprised by this one, I was thinking something like 21-14, or even 17-14, etc.. I mean still sounds like a very competitive game.
(09-03-2022, 02:29 AM)smoke1015 Wrote: Somewhat surprised by this one, I was thinking something like 21-14, or even 17-14, etc.. I mean still sounds like a very competitive game.
Game had its moments Rock’s line play really disappointing this game. Nothing like the first two weeks. Just didn’t even play anything like they had been. Idk what to make of it. 3 bad snaps in the first half most way over QB head just not what they had been doing first couple weeks. Then in the second half at least 1 more bad snap might have been two but defense did do a lot better with the halftime adjustments. It just didn’t matter once the starting QB went out in the second with injury.  But we do have 8 starters that have never played a down of football before this year. Guess that’s to be expected when you have an overall young team. Just have to get better each week.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SmashMouth17's post:
  • smoke1015
(09-03-2022, 02:53 AM)SmashMouth17 Wrote:
(09-03-2022, 02:29 AM)smoke1015 Wrote: Somewhat surprised by this one, I was thinking something like 21-14, or even 17-14, etc.. I mean still sounds like a very competitive game.
Game had its moments Rock’s line play really disappointing this game. Nothing like the first two weeks. Just didn’t even play anything like they had been. Idk what to make of it. 3 bad snaps in the first half most way over QB head just not what they had been doing first couple weeks. Then in the second half at least 1 more bad snap might have been two but defense did do a lot better with the halftime adjustments. It just didn’t matter once the starting QB went out in the second with injury.  But we do have 8 starters that have never played a down of football before this year. Guess that’s to be expected when you have an overall young team. Just have to get better each week.
Rock has 8 starters that have never played a down of football ? Don't believe that !!!
Watched some film, Wayne is much better than last year. QB is extremely good for a sophomore. Solid defense by Wayne as well.