Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is 3A tougher than 4A this year?
I was looking at the teams in the playoffs and their records. It looked to me that 3A might be a tougher division this year. Any thoughts on this? Didn't Lex Cath petition to play 4A?
3A is loaded...
3 A may be the toughest class of all 6 from top to bottom
IMO, 3A is the third toughest class behind 5A and 6A. I don't think Belfry, Breathitt County, Russell, or a Sheldon Clark could beat a Highlands or a Saint Xavier.
From 1 to 10, 3-a looks pretty tough but it is extremely weak outside the top 10.
3A is tougher than 4A.
Do you really think Belfry and Breathitt Co are stronger than say, Bell Co and Lex Cath?
I think we'd have a tough time with Bell Co. but I'd bet my paycheck we could take Lex. Cath.
3a is loaded they could hang with any class
3a is by far tougher than 4a
DevilsWin Wrote:Do you really think Belfry and Breathitt Co are stronger than say, Bell Co and Lex Cath?

I think Belfry would take either two.. no doubt in my mind
Just the top 5 in 3A could compete in 4A consistantly
3A is NOT the toughest class from top to bottom, aside from about the Top 6 teams 3A has a drastic drop afterwards.

The toughest class top to bottom is 5A. 6A id sll in all the best class, but it is severly top heavy.

In my opinion there is no doubt in my mind 3A is tougher than 4A. Having seen LexCath in person I would take Belfry by 3 TD's, Bell County would be an excellent matchup, but I see Bell and JC being on about level terms.

1A is the weakest class overall, as well it should be based on enrollment. i also feel that by and large 2A is drastically down this year. NCC is a solid team, but I think that Danville and Bardstown are vastly overrated this season, and Cobin is the second best team in that class.

My opinion of the class breakdown:
6A
5A

3a
4a

2a

1a
blackcat_student Wrote:IMO, 3A is the third toughest class behind 5A and 6A. I don't think Belfry, Breathitt County, Russell, or a Sheldon Clark could beat a Highlands or a Saint Xavier.
St. X= NO WAY

As for Highlands, remember just last night Lou. Central had the Bluebirds beat before a roughing the passer on 3rd and long gave the Bluebirds new life and helped lead them to 21 unanswered 4th quarter points to win by a TD.
IMO Yes, They have solid teams this year
EKUAlum05 Wrote:3A is NOT the toughest class from top to bottom, aside from about the Top 6 teams 3A has a drastic drop afterwards.

The toughest class top to bottom is 5A. 6A id sll in all the best class, but it is severly top heavy.

In my opinion there is no doubt in my mind 3A is tougher than 4A. Having seen LexCath in person I would take Belfry by 3 TD's, Bell County would be an excellent matchup, but I see Bell and JC being on about level terms.

1A is the weakest class overall, as well it should be based on enrollment. i also feel that by and large 2A is drastically down this year. NCC is a solid team, but I think that Danville and Bardstown are vastly overrated this season, and Cobin is the second best team in that class.

My opinion of the class breakdown:
6A
5A

3a
4a

2a

1a

Well I watched a couple 5 A teams play this past friday, and if it was Russell or Belfry that was playing either one of these teams that I watched that are 5A down here they would kill them.

So I would have to go with it like this

6A
3A
5A
4A
1A
2A
3A is ruled by mountain teams and know other place in the state can play football like mountain boys can....so i have to say besides 6A, 3A is probably the thoughest class
red_devils_rule Wrote:Well I watched a couple 5 A teams play this past friday, and if it was Russell or Belfry that was playing either one of these teams that I watched that are 5A down here they would kill them.

So I would have to go with it like this

6A
3A
5A
4A
1A
2A
5A throughout the state is much stronger than 3A.
bob2007 Wrote:3A is ruled by mountain teams and know other place in the state can play football like mountain boys can....so i have to say besides 6A, 3A is probably the thoughest class
Russell is not in the mountains and neither is Mason County, Louisville Central, Russellville or Paducah Tighlman. Thats half of the top 10.

And yes all other areas in the state play football just like "the mountains". All in all, Northern KY has more good football teams than any other area in KY.
FBALL Wrote:Russell is not in the mountains and neither is Mason County, Louisville Central Russellville or Paducha Tighlman. Thats half of the top 10.

And yes all other areas in the state play football just like "the mountains". All in all, Northern KY has more good football teams than any other area in KY.

You are correct sir.

People also forget about the 5A teams from out west, 5A is clearly where the Best in the West reside with, Bowling Green, John Hardin, Owensboro, and although they are down a bit this year teams like Hopkinsville, Christian County, and Warren Central. Add in Highlands, CovCath, and Dixie Heights up north, throw in Johnson Central, Woodford County, and even Letcher Central in the East, and just finish it off with Lincoln County, Pulaski County, and Mercer County from the Central part of the state.

I am a huge advocate for 3A football, but the truth is this, you hve Belfry, Central, Breathitt, Russell, Mason County, and Tilghman.... then the drop to teams like Somerset, Sheldon Clark, and Russellvile is VAST... the drop from those schools to teams like Henry County, McLean County, Pike Central, is even further.
I'd take Belfry against any 4A or 5A school in the state, and 90% of the 6A schools.
Sarrr Wrote:I'd take Belfry against any 4A or 5A school in the state, and 90% of the 6A schools.
With all due respect. Belfry could compete in any class. That said, they would not be favored over Highlands, Bowling Green, John Hardin, Owensboro or Woodford County in 5A nor would they be favored against ST X, Trinity, Male, Manual, Henry Clay or the most of the top 10 in 6A. No 3A team would.

Would they be competetive in those classes? Yes. Would they be the front runner? No.
FBALL Wrote:5A throughout the state is much stronger than 3A.

I am sorry but the 5 A teams that i have seen play this year they aint that storng at all,and i have seen a lot of them play cause thats just about thats all down here is 5 A teams.and i still think 3 A is stronger then 5 A is.also I have seen most of them 5 A teams that you talked about play this year and i still say that, they russell's and belfrys would and should beat most of them.

I think they would be competetive. But Russell and Belfry and Breathitt would not be so dominant in 5A. Would they be ranked? I think all three of those would. Would they be ranked ahead of Ft Thomas and Bowling Green? Nope.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:St. X= NO WAY

As for Highlands, remember just last night Lou. Central had the Bluebirds beat before a roughing the passer on 3rd and long gave the Bluebirds new life and helped lead them to 21 unanswered 4th quarter points to win by a TD.

Very True.
Yes!!!!!!!!
Yes, 3 A is loaded, but 5 A and 6 A is a lot better.
blackcat_student Wrote:IMO, 3A is the third toughest class behind 5A and 6A. I don't think Belfry, Breathitt County, Russell, or a Sheldon Clark could beat a Highlands or a Saint Xavier.

idk i personally think belfry has one of, if not the best defenses in the state and believe they could hold there own with the best of them
no matter how many A's