Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are You Glad Rich Brooks Is Still Coach?
Glad I was wrong about that one...Patience with Brooks is paying off.
Heck yeah, this guy is looking pretty stupid right about now.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/wr...bag/1.html

Sad but true that a ton of people on here were saying the same thing as early as last season.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
lol..good post alfus, ...that guy had Joe Pa at #5 too, and had Dennis Franchione as one of the most underrated...
Hell yes I'm Glad and this guy is too. Click on the link. This guy is funny.

TidesHoss32 Wrote:lol..good post alfus, ...that guy had Joe Pa at #5 too, and had Dennis Franchione as one of the most underrated...

And Guy Morris Smile

DevilsWin Wrote:Hell yes I'm Glad and this guy is too. Click on the link. This guy is funny.

That guy is insane. Plain and simple.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
We took that oblong ball.........and shoved it up your ass...........LMAO!!!!!!!!! THIS IS FREAKIN AWESOME!! You can tell this guy has had it handed to him for tooo long, lol...awesome!!
DevilsWin Wrote:Hell yes I'm Glad and this guy is too. Click on the link. This guy is funny.

TidesHoss32 Wrote:We took that oblong ball.........and shoved it up your ass...........LMAO!!!!!!!!! THIS IS FREAKIN AWESOME!! You can tell this guy has had it handed to him for tooo long, lol...awesome!!
Granted it was greased up and went in fairly easy............................
lol..that laugh is what gets me.....I know where this guy is coming from though..I mean, you can just tell that he works with a bunch of Louisville fans, has to hear about how great they are, and this is his year to inflict sarcastic hell into the veins of Card fans.....did that guy say "we're gonna sweep the 'Tards"??? Im loving this..
DevilsWin Wrote:Granted it was greased up and went in fairly easy............................
TidesHoss32 Wrote:lol..that laugh is what gets me.....I know where this guy is coming from though..I mean, you can just tell that he works with a bunch of Louisville fans, has to hear about how great they are, and this is his year to inflict sarcastic hell into the veins of Card fans.....did that guy say "we're gonna sweep the 'Tards"??? Im loving this..
Yeah the Tards! LOL He also has nick named Kragthorpe, "Krack Pipe".
i was one those people wanting Brooks out but glad i was wrong go big blue.

this guy is drunk or crazy or maybe both.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:lol..that laugh is what gets me.....I know where this guy is coming from though..I mean, you can just tell that he works with a bunch of Louisville fans, has to hear about how great they are, and this is his year to inflict sarcastic hell into the veins of Card fans.....did that guy say "we're gonna sweep the 'Tards"??? Im loving this..

Sweep the 'Tards, I love it!

It's always good to see Louisville lose, and it's even better when it shuts up the always obnoxious Cardinal backers!

Oh, and I HATE LOUISVILLE!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I dont say this much but Ill shout this one from the rooftops. I WAS WRONG!!!! DEAD WRONG ABOUT RICH BROOKS HES THE BEST COACH THIS PROGRAM HAS SEEN SINCE BEAR BRYANT HIMSELF!!!!! There now I feel better.
Last season, I credited a lot of the success to Andre Woodson and how he had matured. But Rich Brooks is finally proving to everyone, me included, that he can coach. He has turned this program around from nothing, and now they're ranked 8th in the country (again). lol I was looking yesterday, and recruits like Jacob Tamme, Keenan Burton, and Rafael Little were all 2 and 3-star recruits coming out of high school, and now they are becoming more and more nationally known figures on the football field. Let's hope this season opens some eyes to some big name recruits, and that Brooks can lure them into Lexington. What a job he has done at UK! I can only describe it with one word...AMAZING!
Yes I am. I was one of those people who wanted him gone and now I'm a big supporter of him. He has turned the program around and has shown that he can turn two star and three star players into all-americans.
alfus21 Wrote:Sad but true that a ton of people on here were saying the same thing as early as last season.

Yeah, I bet there were a lot of people calling for his job on here, but I wasn't one of them (I didn't join until this past March). Big Grin

I will admit that I was very skeptical when he was initially hired, because I thought Barnhart only hired him after everybody else said no thanks (which, I still believe was the case). I also felt he was too old to relate to today's players and wouldn't be able to recruit good prospects to Lexington, and I thought we would've been better off with a younger guy.

But, once he was hired on I never advocated firing him. With all the scholarship reductions and the probation mess he inherited, I always felt it wasn't fair to blame him for UK's poor records those first three years. I had said that he deserved at least 4-5 years to get off probation and get his players in here, then he could be fairly judged.

Now, I must say that if UK had still finished with a losing record last year and this year, then I would've supported giving him the axe. Thankfully, it never came to that point!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Never wanted him gone. So yes I am glad that he is still here!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]