Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
5A 2022 Predictions?
Thoughts?
Owensboro, Woodford, South Warren/Bowling Green district winner.
Douglass, South Warren, Potential CovCath?
Cov Cath will rise to the top, along with SW and watch out, potentially FT Highlands. Douglass, well they'll go and beat everyone on their schedule and will falter comes playoff/ championship time.
What does Woodford return next year? Any chance they keep it rolling and progress in 2022?
(12-07-2021, 11:52 AM)Real Badman Wrote: Douglass, South Warren, Potential CovCath?
Next year should be the last year in 5A for Douglas and South Warren.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Daddy Bull's post:
  • A Tribe Called Quest
(12-07-2021, 01:06 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 11:52 AM)Real Badman Wrote: Douglass, South Warren, Potential CovCath?
SW is moving up/ down a class? Did not know that. I knew Douglass should be playing 6A, but chose to play down to eliminate playing the Lou 6A teams.
Still not sold on Highlands new coaching staff but they are definitely playing better and they have a lot of talent in some big 8th, 9th grade classes. I also like that this staff is playing freshmen kids on varsity. It will be interesting to see what he does next year.
And Cov Cath has owned Highlands so I go with them from this district until they are knocked off, which I think can be done due to catholic’s drop in talent
As long as South Warren has Brandon Smith coaching, I don't see Highlands winning a 5A title any time soon.
(12-07-2021, 01:10 PM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote:
SW is moving up/ down a class? Did not know that. I knew Douglass should be playing 6A, but chose to play down to eliminate playing the Lou 6A teams.
You can't choose to play down, only up so that's not true about Douglas. Douglas is not as big as people think but they are growing fast. Those schools along with Great Crossing should probably already be 6A, but due to Covid I think the KHSAA over looked it until next year, I think that is the case, not 100% sure
  • GreyStoke
(12-07-2021, 02:09 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:
You can't choose to play down, only up so that's not true about Douglas. Douglas is not as big as people think but they are growing fast. Those schools along with Great Crossing should probably already be 6A, but due to Covid I think the KHSAA over looked it until next year, I think that is the case, not 100% sure
So explain to me why in their 1st year of existence, Douglass was 6A and then 5A for the last 4 years? They either should have stayed 6A till the new classification.
(12-07-2021, 02:20 PM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote:
So explain to me why in their 1st year of existence, Douglass was 6A and then 5A for the last 4 years? They either should have stayed 6A till the new classification.

Maybe they classified them in 6A based on estimated enrollment for scheduling purposes and then reclassified them in 5A based on actual enrollment after the fact? Just a guess.
[-] The following 2 users Like RoShamBo's post:
  • A Tribe Called Quest, nemo
(12-07-2021, 02:41 PM)RoShamBo Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 02:20 PM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 01:06 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote: Next year should be the last year in 5A for Douglas and South Warren.

Maybe they classified them in 6A based on estimated enrollment for scheduling purposes and then reclassified them in 5A based on actual enrollment after the fact? Just a guess.
This is it what RoBo said. Not sure if many know this, but there is actually two different schools on Douglas Campus. You have Douglas High School and the Carter G. Woodson Academy, but they both play for Douglas in Sports. Talking about a huge advantage.
  • A Tribe Called Quest
Will next season be there year that Great Crossing begins to be more competitive at the state level? If they can manage to get by FD in district play I would imagine they could have a legit shot at a semi-final appearance.
(12-15-2021, 02:14 PM)BigDawgPrez Wrote: Will next season be there year that Great Crossing begins to be more competitive at the state level? If they can manage to get by FD in district play I would imagine they could have a legit shot at a semi-final appearance.
No, not a chance I think you mean if they manage to beat Scott County which returns about 15 starters who beat Great Crossing twice this year with one of there worst teams record wise in years.  There best chance to make some noise was this year, they had 14-15 Senior starters and do all everything Kalib Perry who signed with Tennessee today. I think Coach Bowling is doing a decent job, but after this year they will be moving to 6A really no chance then. Still hate that they split Scott County up, there just isn't enough talent in Scott County/Georgetown to have 2 good championship type teams, I used to live in Georgetown. Question, has there ever been a powerhouse school in Football/Basketball that has been split in the state of Kentucky? Collins/Shelby maybe.

(12-15-2021, 03:35 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:
(12-15-2021, 02:14 PM)BigDawgPrez Wrote: Will next season be there year that Great Crossing begins to be more competitive at the state level? If they can manage to get by FD in district play I would imagine they could have a legit shot at a semi-final appearance