• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region Rankings (1/12/2020)
1. Knott County Central
2. Letcher County Central
3. Leslie County
4. Hazard
5. Wolfe County
6. Owsley County
I pretty much agree, but may flip Letcher and Knott.
I would not disagree with at all. I struggled with that.
I have to disagree I’ve not really seen Letcher play a really good team so I can’t say much about them
1-Knott
2-Wolfe-Letcher
4-Hazard
5- Owsley
6- Leslie
Wolves fan Wrote:I have to disagree I’ve not really seen Letcher play a really good team so I can’t say much about them
1-Knott
2-Wolfe-Letcher
4-Hazard
5- Owsley
6- Leslie

Hazard just beat Wolfe at Wolfe and then Leslie beat them.
Historian Wrote:Hazard just beat Wolfe at Wolfe and then Leslie beat them.
And LCC beat Leslie at Leslie.
1. Letcher
2. Knott
3. Leslie
4. Hazard
5. Wolfe

Can’t always base rankings by scores.
Especially this year
Hazard beat Wolfe at Wolfe
Then Leslie beat hazard
So I guess Leslie should be ahead of Wolfe

But Owsley beat Leslie at Leslie then Wolfe beat Owsley
Prestonburg beat letcher at letcher by 2
Wolfe beat prestonburg at Prestonsburg by 37
Letcher beats powell 40
Wolfe beats Powell by 1

Can’t base it all on that

IMO
1 Knott haven’t lost a region game
3 time defending region champion
2 Letcher these 2 play each other Friday
Should tell us a lot
3 Hazard been pretty consistent most of season
4 Wolfe can beat any of the top 4 or 5 on a given night
5 Owsley/Leslie both really solid could easily be 2-4
6 Perry can’t look at their record. They have played a killer schedule. I think they could play with any of the top teams on a given night.
And don’t forget Danville beat Hazard by 19 and beat Wolfe by a last second free throw and Danville has the best press I’ve seen this year on a given night any of these teams can win I think they are all pretty even just how you match up with the other team and how bad you want it and Wolfe plays Hazard again Saturday might be a different game might not either way it will be a good game and that’s what I like to see gets boring when the one team runs away with it so come on up to Wolfe Co Saturday and watch another great game
I’m not sure you can rank the 14th top 5/6 right now. They are all so close it comes down to individual matchups, who matches up with who, and who may have a hot hand on a given night. My opinion is Owsley, Knott, Letcher, Hazard, Wolfe, and Leslie can each knock each other off on any given night. IMO
And Owsley beat Leslie at Leslie.
Basketball is just so unpredictable in the region this year on the girls side.
Also, Owsley beat Williamsburg by 11 in a Christmas tour yin Gatlinburg and Williamsburg recently won the 13th region All A tournament.
It’s a crazy game to figure out, lol.
All I’m saying is it’s hard to rank Hazard ahead of Leslie since Leslie best them head up and it’s hard to rank Wolfe ahead of Hazard since Hazard beat them head up on their home floor. These are fluid. Any of those 6 can beat the other. There’s no doubt about that.
Knott lost to Floyd Central and their rpi is under 52 it’s all in how they match up on the floor together the top 6 are pretty evenly matched the region tournament will come down to the luck of the draw
Yea Leslie beat hazard but Owsley beat Leslie Wolfe beat Owsley Prestonsburg beat Letcher Wolfe beat Prestonsburg Knott lost to a weak Floyd central I’d say put names in a hat and draw one out for region one has as good of chance as other