Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berea Football?
Anyone Hear About Berea? Someone Told They Dropped There Football Program. Has Anyone Else Heard Anything?
I hate to hear that if it is true. I have heard of a few other teams such as Phelps that might not have enough to field a team. This just hear say at this point.
Berea has hired a coach, can't remember his name, but have heard that he may not be a teacher at the school. Maybe not even a teacher at all. I think that is what the major holdup was, to have a teaching position open before they could hire.....

It always seems that every coulple of years the rumors of the death of football in Phelps, and a couple of other small struggling schools in that area pop up.

Is the talk about Phelps just talk, or is there anything substantial?
bigpun Wrote:I hate to hear that if it is true. I have heard of a few other teams such as Phelps that might not have enough to field a team. This just hear say at this point.

If this turned out to be true would teams in Phelps district get a forfeit win or just another open week?
This is just what I had heard from a guy up Phelps.
WV had a similar situation last year - teams could accept a forfeit, or find a replacement game, or both (with the replacement game being essentially an exhibition game)
RUNNING DOWNHILL Wrote:Berea has hired a coach, can't remember his name, but have heard that he may not be a teacher at the school. Maybe not even a teacher at all. I think that is what the major holdup was, to have a teaching position open before they could hire.....

It always seems that every coulple of years the rumors of the death of football in Phelps, and a couple of other small struggling schools in that area pop up.

Is the talk about Phelps just talk, or is there anything substantial?

So Warren Mills isn't the coach at Berea anymore??
Coach Mills was released this past winter. I would like to know where he went if anyone could shed some light. Berea will not suceed in football until the admin belivies in a coach. coach Mills had the enthusiasism that was needed for that team. The adim really messed up by letting him go. They had pretty good numbers. The admin has to realize that "rome was not built in a day". ADMIN get on board your kids need it.

TRAMPLE THE WEAK AND HURDLE THE DEAD
The kids are the ones being cheated! So i hope whateve reason that they have behind this B.S. is worth it!