Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billy Donovan to the Magic "Done Deal"?
The Orlando Sentinel says so.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/lo...-headlines
Is this why he hasn't signed his extension yet?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Billy is not a NBA coach.
Guess we will find out.
Wow, my phone just blew up from all the text messages saying that Donovan to the Magic is a done deal.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
After weeks of waiting for the University of Florida to finalize his new seven-year contract, the Orlando Magic have entered Billy Donovan's world and given him another substantial offer to ponder.

After leading the Gators to the last two national championships, the 42-year-old Donovan has received a contract offer from the Magic worth $6 million annually, a source told ESPN.com's Pat Forde.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2888555

I hope he goes to Orlando - it would be a fitting end to this saga.
Yes, it's a done deal.

I told you people there was a better chance of him going to the NBA than there was of him going to UK. :p

I also told you he'd go to the NBA, then he'd go to Kentucky. Anybody for a little wager on that? Big Grin
I've also heard rumors of Lucas trying to back out of his letter, any truth to this?
I've also read some intresting things on Yahoo about this being a done deal.
Ill wager that. He'll be back in college basketball in three, maybe four years, and Billy Gillispie wont be ready to leave Lexington after Donovan learns that NBA players dont listen.
TomSportsHack Wrote:Yes, it's a done deal.

I told you people there was a better chance of him going to the NBA than there was of him going to UK. :p

I also told you he'd go to the NBA, then he'd go to Kentucky. Anybody for a little wager on that? Big Grin
blackcat Wrote:I've also heard rumors of Lucas trying to back out of his letter, any truth to this?
Florida would have to give him a release, but hell I dont want him. He didnt want to be a Wildcat and besides we dont need another 5 foot 7 inch guard.

No.....but if you could pass Tonights lottery numbers along it would be appreciated....lol.

As for Donovan....is there any doubt now that he's a Pitino clone?
Tubby Hater Wrote:Florida would have to give him a release, but hell I dont want him. He didnt want to be a Wildcat and besides we dont need another 5 foot 7 inch guard.

Since Donovan left it's Lucas's decision whether he wants to stay or leave. UK doesn't have a true PG, they need him big time.
on the news it said Lucas will sit down with his family and decide if he really wants to stay. If he decides he doesn't want to, he will have to be released from his letter of intent.
blackcat Wrote:Since Donovan left it's Lucas's decision whether he wants to stay or leave. UK doesn't have a true PG, they need him big time.

I agree. I'll take Lucas.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:on the news it said Lucas will sit down with his family and decide if he really wants to stay. If he decides he doesn't want to, he will have to be released from his letter of intent.

It is up to the school whether or not to let him go. With Legion, Michigan gave him permission to explore other options the school does not have to let after you have signed the letter of intent.
Scotty_doesn't_know Wrote:It is up to the school whether or not to let him go. With Legion, Michigan gave him permission to explore other options the school does not have to let after you have signed the letter of intent.

I'm almost positive if the coach leaves, it's completely up to the player to make a decision, the school has no say in it.
blackcat Wrote:I'm almost positive if the coach leaves, it's completely up to the player to make a decision, the school has no say in it.

Once a player signs a letter of intent, he's bound to that school. It's common courtesy to release a player from his LOI if he requests it during a coaching change, but they are not required to release the player, even if there is a coaching change.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
this a sad day for college basketball another good coach lost to the money of the NBA.
It is stated in the actual paperwork of the LOI that you are signing to the school and not to the coach. UF has every right to hold him to his LOI, however most schools seem to keep from conflicts and let them go.
blackcat Wrote:I'm almost positive if the coach leaves, it's completely up to the player to make a decision, the school has no say in it.

Nope! Once the letter is signed you are signed with the school not the coach. The school can go ahead and say for everyone to opt out of their letter if they want but it does come down to the SCHOOLS choice whether or not to let them leave. If the player (Lucas) asks to leave Flordia they can force him to honor his letter for that school.
Scotty_doesn't_know Wrote:Nope! Once the letter is signed you are signed with the school not the coach. The school can go ahead and say for everyone to opt out of their letter if they want but it does come down to the SCHOOLS choice whether or not to let them leave. If the player (Lucas) asks to leave Flordia they can force him to honor his letter for that school.

This is what happened to Michael Beasley with Kansas State. After Huggins left for Morgantown he wanted out and K-State said no.
SEKYscout Wrote:I agree. I'll take Lucas.

Yeah same here. I will still take Lucas anyday.
Forget Lucas. He didn't want to come here so why would we want him? All people used to complain about is that the players didn't understand what it meant to wear the uniform and that garbage but now you want a player that picked a rival over us first. That's a joke. Keep him in Florida where he chose. It was his decision.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
blackcat Wrote:Since Donovan left it's Lucas's decision whether he wants to stay or leave. UK doesn't have a true PG, they need him big time.
Has nothing to do with Billy its all up to the University of Florida
alfus21 Wrote:Forget Lucas. He didn't want to come here so why would we want him? All people used to complain about is that the players didn't understand what it meant to wear the uniform and that garbage but now you want a player that picked a rival over us first. That's a joke. Keep him in Florida where he chose. It was his decision.

Yeah I have finally came to my senses after talking to some people about Lucas. I also agreed with Alfus's post in the Lucas re-valuation thread and if he didnt want us, we dont want him.

Might get some takers on that wager now Tom......lol
Bengal Cat Wrote:Might get some takers on that wager now Tom......lol

He was close though. That counts in horseshoes right? J/K Tom...Smile

I won't hold my breath though, Tom may turn out right anyway if Billy D. changes his mind again. What happened with him, did he have gas or indigestion when he signed with the Magic on Friday or what? Goes away on Saturday and he's all ready to head back to Florida. Unreal, but not the first time.
jammin' jamey Wrote:He was close though. That counts in horseshoes right? J/K Tom...Smile

I won't hold my breath though, Tom may turn out right anyway if Billy D. changes his mind again. What happened with him, did he have gas or indigestion when he signed with the Magic on Friday or what? Goes away on Saturday and he's all ready to head back to Florida. Unreal, but not the first time.

It makes me wonder if a lot of other people wasn't close as well when all the Billy D to UK talk was going around. Very possible the signals were sent that he was coming and did a turnabout like he did over the weekend. So maybe those sources were correct and he just flat out changed his mind.