Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former back up QB leads team to State Championship game
Former Ashland back up QB Will Adkins has lead his Spring Valley HS team to its 3rd straight AAA state championship game. I hated when he left Ashland, started qb as a 7th, 8th, and 9th grader. When Ratliff came from Paintsville they put Adkins on the back-burner. So glad to see him succeed, as I knew he would. Thoughts?
Glad he has found success.
Meanwhile, back in Ashland....

Nice!
^hahahah
Will is such a good kid but Ashland went with Braxton Ratliff because they felt he was the better of the two. I’m really glad he went on and found success at Spring Valley.
My thinking was to have Adkins as the qb, Ratliff as a receiver, slot, half back, wildcat qb. I just thought that would have been a better way to use their talents. When I had him in middle school, I thought he’d be the goat.
Was it a case if politics or was Ratliff better?
Neither was beating JC when it counted so who cares...
2000PHS Wrote:Neither was beating JC when it counted so who cares...

I guarantee it would have been a different type of game...
Yustacould Wrote:I guarantee it would have been a different type of game...

Does he also double as a D1, future NFL JJ Watt type, run stopping DT?
JJ is a DE, so probably not. 😬
Hound05 Wrote:JJ is a DE, so probably not. 😬

Primarily a DE but he does play some DT. Against Central he would probably be better suited at DT to take away the FB and disrupt the mesh. 👍🏻
4everUK Wrote:Was it a case if politics or was Ratliff better?

Does it really matter now both teams are doing really well, the kids moved on new team, new start, it doesn't matter in the scheme of the team he's on, congrats to him!!
Adkins has 17 TD’s to 1 INT. Can’t get much more efficient than that for a high-school QB.
Let’s not act like Ashland’s QB is bad, kid is easily one of the best in the state IMO.

Some of the stuff posted is just anti-Ashland stuff, I understand that I live in the area, but let’s give the kid credit who has broke multiple school records at Ashland- I think they win the same amount or less with the other QB.