Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If You Quit Cheerleading?????
Ok here is my question...I was just wondering if there is a rule that states this or if it is up to the sponsor...If someone feels as thou they arent being treated fair and the sponsor DEFINATELY plays favorites and she just cant take it anymore and makes a rushed desicion to quit is there no way for her to change her mind and be allowed to come back to the squad...
If your school has a really good AD they normally have coaches of the athletic teams create a written policy, then in turn the cheerleading sponsors should have one as well. These policies normally are presented to the principal and site base. However not all schools adhere to that, most programs are ran with aet rules some are lax and the coach of a sport or a sponsor can do as they please.

If the student in question was given a set of rules, and they signed off that they would follow them then that doesnt all ways mean that they can't comeback.
I know of it happening this year, where a girl quit and the principal happened to be there, he sided with the student and asked her to reconsider her decision, she didn't ask to put back on. The principal wento the sponsor and informed her that the girls would cheer the rest of the season.

But as a Coach I would tell you that if you quit, you quit, and you are welcome to come out next year.
I would also tell you that where I used to work we had a rule that if you quit as a freshmen in certain sports and clubs you could not come out for one year, which meant you had to lay out till you were a junior.

With your comments about the sponsor being unfair and playing favorite, to be honest I wouldn't let them come back because its very apparent you or they are not going to be happy.

I would say go to sitebase and the principal, you may get the rules changed you may not, but who will know till you try.
u quit....uve made a decision....no do overs
at the beginning of the year your coach should have gave you a least of rules and information that you and your parent must sign, in the list of rules it should/would have told you the policy on quitting. most coaches should call and see why you feel the way you do, if she was a good coach she wouldnt want a bad rep. that her girls quit for the reasons that you posted. People say things that they dont mean when they get mad. The coach should take that into consideration.. I hope everything works out for the best for you.. Good Luck!.

P.S.
If your a senior take into consideration that you'll never get another chance to cheer again.. Thank about it...
once you quit cheerleading, i dont think you have the right to go back. youve made your decision and if you do want to go back to it than you should have a very good reason for quiting. thats all there is to it. if your heart and spirit is really in cheering you wouldnt have quit in the first place. there are some cases that you may have to stop cheering, such as if you have a medical problem, but if your reason for letting go is simply because you didnt get along with another girl, than part of being a real team player is learning to suck it up. you need to know how to deal with that kind of drama on a team, because once you stick a bunch of girls together like that your asking for some problems. sure there is going to be a few arguements and some anger involved, but whats the odds of every girl liking each other and getting along? and even when you do get along well, even best friends argue. but the point is, if you dont like someone thats on your team, or uyour angry because you feel that your coach is picking favorites, talk about it and think about the decision you are making before you hand in your uniform.
cheercats89 Wrote:at the beginning of the year your coach should have gave you a least of rules and information that you and your parent must sign, in the list of rules it should/would have told you the policy on quitting. most coaches should call and see why you feel the way you do, if she was a good coach she wouldnt want a bad rep. that her girls quit for the reasons that you posted. People say things that they dont mean when they get mad. The coach should take that into consideration.. I hope everything works out for the best for you.. Good Luck!.

P.S.
If your a senior take into consideration that you'll never get another chance to cheer again.. Thank about it...

What if, there is a handbook, but is never followed. IMO, the handbook shouldn't be worth more than a good firestarter.
gettheball Wrote:Ok here is my question...I was just wondering if there is a rule that states this or if it is up to the sponsor...If someone feels as thou they arent being treated fair and the sponsor DEFINATELY plays favorites and she just cant take it anymore and makes a rushed desicion to quit is there no way for her to change her mind and be allowed to come back to the squad...
i don't know who you are or what school....don't have to know either...pm if you like.
But i know it was probably the hardest decision she has made. It is a shame that this could be allowed to happen, but I know it does. I am sure you could find support, and try to go through the right channels in either getting them back to cheer, or in the best interest of all....getting a new coach. If they are doing what you say that is.! Good Luck!
gettheball Wrote:Ok here is my question...I was just wondering if there is a rule that states this or if it is up to the sponsor...If someone feels as thou they arent being treated fair and the sponsor DEFINATELY plays favorites and she just cant take it anymore and makes a rushed desicion to quit is there no way for her to change her mind and be allowed to come back to the squad...

If one felt that the coach was being unfair and playing favorites, and made the decision to quit the team because of this, why in the world would they want to come back and be put back into the same position as before? Just a question... this doesn't make much sense to me!
If you quit because of circumstances that you cannot control, then you want to put yourself right back into them, that doesnt make much sense. But it should be up to the team and the coach if the player is allowed to return.
First of all I don't think that coaches should have favorites. Personally I think it pulls that team apart and and causes alot of avodiable drama. Second if a person quits just because they don't like their coach, no they should no bbe able to return. I think that a person who quits because of having to and not having another choice then its quesitonable.

now is a time that girls and guys are really worn out with practices and competitions. emotions run high on everyone, including coaches. I think snap decissions are made on both sides and no one really considers the results. I think you need to talk with your coach and express what you feel. Let them know that you feel as if they have favorites. Communication in any sport is important but people today would rather just let things go until they are out of hand. Maybe, if you really have a heart to heart, everyone can see things more clearly and the sitituation will correct itself.
When I cheered if you quit you could never come back, and I agree completely with that. It sucked because my freshman year one of our best cheerleaders quit and we all wanted her to come back and she wanted to, too. But the coach would not let her.

I completely agree with my former coach on this too. Even though I wanted the girl back on the team, you can't depend on someone who has quit in the past. Once a quitter, always a quitter. Whose to say they won't get mad and do it again in the future?

I hope to coach high school squads someday, and I plan to have the same policy as my coach. If they really want to be on the team, they'll stick around no matter what.
But it also stinks when your coach has favorites and just because a cheerleader doesn't get what she wants, she quits. What is worse is that the coach runs in the parking lot after her. She only stood up for the cheerleader who was her pick. Whenever we would have "meetings", she made it very clear to us who she wanted to be on the squad and who she didn't. She didn't care whose feelings were hurt or whose toes were stepped on.
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:But it also stinks when your coach has favorites and just because a cheerleader doesn't get what she wants, she quits. What is worse is that the coach runs in the parking lot after her. She only stood up for the cheerleader who was her pick. Whenever we would have "meetings", she made it very clear to us who she wanted to be on the squad and who she didn't. She didn't care whose feelings were hurt or whose toes were stepped on.

Very unfortunate! This sort of thing goes on way too much!

Coaches may have favorites (this is only normal), but they should go out of their way to keep it to themselves. A coach must stay neutral to be considered a good coach IMO.