Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Owsley@Estill 01/11/07
Predictions?
estill barely beat the lady owls earlier this season but for the lady owls to even be in the game they must play better than they have lately. maybe being beat by powell will pump them up and get their momentum going. if not, then estill by 10 or more.
if estill plays to their full potential they will win by 15+. But if Owsley beats Estill and if Powell beats Estill at Powell, Powell will be first in the district. If not they stay at 3 or move down to 2
MtnGirl Wrote:if estill plays to their full potential they will win by 15+. But if Owsley beats Estill and if Powell beats Estill at Powell, Powell will be first in the district. If not they stay at 3 or move down to 2

I disagree about the 15+ win. I think that after the tough loss against Powell on Monday, Owsley will begin to regroup and set their sites on Estill. I know they will come out hard and ready, and if they are the team I think they are, and step up and play their style of basketball, I believe they can pull out the win. They just need to concentrate and not give up, playing hard for 32 minutes straight. Owsley by 5+ IMO.
If Owlsey plays like they did Tuesday against Powell they will get beat by 20 if they are lucky. If they come out and play like the team they can be, it'll be a close game. I'm gonna go with an overtime and Owlsey winning barely. Good Luck!
Estill won this game by I think about 6 or so
The Final Score was 36-41 Estill Co. (khsaa.org)

This was a pretty good game. From what I could tell, the Lady Owls played hard and couldn't get their shots to fall at times. I will tip my hat to Estill because they played good defence on the Owls. Well I guess by looking at the score, both teams played defence. I think that is Owsley's lowest scoring game of the season.
A big reason the Lady Owls where down in this game was because Jurior K. Combs passed out during the National Anthom she was not able to return until the 2nd half of the game, Freshman M. Turner was out in the 1st quarter with 2 quick fouls and senior J. Murrell couldn't get her shots to fall i would have to say that is the reason they lost that game