Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
West Ky Pre Season Rankings
Tica Wrote:Barber has had several D-1 jobs as an assistant and most recently was at Campbellsville. Wish him the best.

PT needs to: 1) Eliminate the critical mistakes that have stopped drives and cost them games. 2) Eliminate the senseless penalties of emotion that have dogged the program for years. 3) Restore some sense of organization. I cannot tell you how many times I have seen rapid fire game management flags: illegal procedure, off sides, too much time, illegal formation, illegal participation, etc.

The mistakes and penalties were not so important when you had SEC caliber athletes who could make up the loss on the next play. But it has really hurt the past 2-3 years.

PTHS has really had some unbelievable talent in the last 5 yrs. If more kids are coming out then a real coach, will get real results. Time will tell. Countdown to MCHS. The three way between Mayfield, PTHS and MCHS is bringing new life to Western Kentucky football. This thing is gonna ratchet up another notch this year. OMG high school football is IT!!!
What's a real coach?
Depends on the school. You cant be just an x's and o'x guy. Administration and fan base will cut your throat in many situations. Benching the wrong school board member or powerful booster's kid and your battle will be painful and short. Can Barber develop a winner and gain the power to sustain success. Its not EASY.
I don't think PT is going to make as much noise this year. I understand they don't even feel like they have the proper personnel to field the style offense they want to field this year.
Anyone at the Stadium of Champions Friday night. How did the teams look? Do you think Barber will have a good first season with PTHS?
look like the young kids looked very good varsity mediocre .jv qb has a nice arm also moved the ball well against Warren Central varsity .hope that helps
Jackson Purchase Wrote:PTHS has really had some unbelievable talent in the last 5 yrs. If more kids are coming out then a real coach, will get real results. Time will tell. Countdown to MCHS. The three way between Mayfield, PTHS and MCHS is bringing new life to Western Kentucky football. This thing is gonna ratchet up another notch this year. OMG high school football is IT!!!

Not sure what PT has done the last 5 years that's brought new life to anything.
Caldwell Co and Graves Co have done more than what PT has in that same timeframe..
PT has flamed out early, in all honesty, going back to 2011, when it got upset in the playoffs by a Fort Campbell team it trounced earlier in the season. With that year, you have a record of 41-23 in five years, hardly the stuff of legends.

Seems to me PT gets too focused for the opener with Lone Oak/McCracken and weakens after that, while McCracken gets stronger after that game.