Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matthew ch. 25 (KJV) & Parable of Ten Virgins
This is a PARABLE.... which means it is a simple story used to illustrate a moral or spiritual lesson, as told by Jesus in the Gospels.

This is Jesus saying.... Don't put off getting Saved. Don't wait until you are in a accident or get a severe illness and think you will get Saved moments before you die. YES, Jesus can Save anybody at anytime at anyplace on earth. He cannot Save you if you die in your sins. It doesn't work that way. Don't be foolish. You hear the phrase all the time from non-believers "What if you're wrong?" But I answer... "What if I'm right." They usually don't have a reply.

1: Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, hich took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
2: And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
3: They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:
4: But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
5: While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
6: And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
7: Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
8: And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
9: But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
10: And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
11: Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
12: But He answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
13: Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein The Son of Man cometh.

This is a great example. All the virgins knew at sometime the bridegroom was coming, but they didn't know when. When the 5 wise virgins were taken up (The Saved being taken in to Heaven) the 5 foolish wasn't ready to go because of their lack of preperation (not getting Saved). Once the 5 wise virgins was behind the door... the 5 foolish virigins couldn't enter (Heaven and Hell). Jesus told them that "I know you not" which what the lost will hear when they are sent to hell after this life is over.

The words in Red are spoken by Jesus... so they are pretty important.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Now lets take this story and see just how our "politically correct" & "fairness/equality" society would look at this Parable.

This Parable doesn't say how old the virgins are... so it's impossilbe to guess, but if somebody saw 10 known virgins together... somebody (male or female) would be trying to have some type of sexual contact with atleast one of them for 'bragging rights'.

If you called somebody "Foolish".... that would be harassing communications. Especially if you called other people involved "Wise".

If the 5 foolish virgins were sleeping and somebody woke them up, that would be harrasment/bullying.

If the 5 wise virgins didn't give the other 5 any oil... that would be discrimination.

When the 5 wise was taken up... and the 5 foolish were left out, there would be protests and demands for "fairness" and "equality" for all involved. Saying, the 5 that were left out have a right to be taken up as well" Saying marriage should be just for the 5 wise.

When you read a Parable... there are 3 questions to ask.
- Who wrote it?
- Who was it wrote to?
- Who will be reading it?
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed