Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Jones replaces his dad as Boys Coach at Harlan County High School.
http://www.myvirtualpaper.com/doc/the-ha...4052301/#6

Michael Jones has been named as the new head Boys Basketball Coach at Harlan County High School to replace is father Mike Jones.
Good Luck to Little Mike, I think he will do a great job, the kids like playing for him and he pushes the tempo. Congrats and good luck.
They tried this last year and Billy Hicks jump in picture. Big Mike came back. Little Mike will do a great job, good luck to him.
Congrats to micheal Jones from 64SUR. :welcome:
Wow! Didn't know this job was even open. Wonder who all applied?
Congrats to Little Mike!
It wasn't open, son to took dads place.. Only in Harlan Co.
They had an opportunity to hire Billy Hicks and wouldn't do it last year!!!
Billy is one of the best high school coaches in the Country.
Mike Jones had a great career, but HC will be better moving forward with this change. Michael has a great basketball mind, will play a contemporary style and will inspire more kids to play.
Mike Jones was a very successful coach and one of the best that has ever coached in the 13th region..
I hope son can be as successful..
Good luck to Michael Jones, enjoyed watching Coach Jones over the years. I always had respect for the way he coached his teams.
Good luck to coach Jones.
Dungy Wrote:Mike Jones had a great career, but HC will be better moving forward with this change. Michael has a great basketball mind, will play a contemporary style and will inspire more kids to play.

What does contemporary mean when talking about basketball??
He means a faster pace, and he's right. HCHS was 19-12 this summer and was very competitive in most of its losses (Lexington Christian at the KBA, at Knox Central, at Corbin).
HDE Wrote:He means a faster pace, and he's right. HCHS was 19-12 this summer and was very competitive in most of its losses (Lexington Christian at the KBA, at Knox Central, at Corbin).

I guess I'm nitpicking but it seems like a strange word to use. They will probably be favored in their district.
Michael Jones will do a great job as the new head coach for Harlan Co. Congrats.
Congrats coach jones