Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Student Sections
I went to a few games in different regions (11th and 12th) and saw a few things that really made me wonder. I can think of 3 teams (1 in the 11th, 2 in the 12th) that had little or no student section or support. I understand money is tight at a lot of schools, but load every kids on a bus and take them to these games. Not only does it help your players, but its a good chance to build school spirit and pride. I just hate to see kids make it to region and then have little to nobody come and support them.
I agree. Same in the 15th I thought. JC and SV had a noticeable student section presence but beyond that I didn't see a huge turnout. In the case of LC, I am not sure why they wouldn't have a pep bus going with it being next to an hour and a half drive. Kids aren't going to make that drive...
You will see arguably the best student section in the state when Cov Cath hits Rupp. Last night at the 9th Region finals vs Holmes at the Bank of Kentucky Center on NKU's campus, there were probably 350 - 400 boys (out of an enrollment of 570) dressed head to toe in all blue.
The Colonel Crazies- should be a treat.
I know at many schools they offer a pep bus but get little to no participation. It's not "cool" to be on a bus or to have school spirit anymore. I hate it too. That used to be the best part of games was being part of a student section!
Around here, the school system is starting to charge for buses. No matter the sport, that said sport has to pay out of their budget for the bus, gas, and driver.
In respect to pep buses, that is done the same way and what kid/parent can afford what this school system charges.
On a side note, Went to Henry for the 8th region semi's and got hit with a $6 ticket charge. Just a little high IMO but what got me, was that it was $6 also for students. Time to cut the students a break on getting in the gate...
We have a decent student section. The best one I saw all year was Middlesboro's. They all, even the cheerleaders, had a Hawaiian theme. LOL There was one big boy, football sized, that had on a pink grass skirt and coconut halves over his boobs. He would dance whenever they would score.

I LOVED it!!!!
bluedad1 Wrote:You will see arguably the best student section in the state when Cov Cath hits Rupp. Last night at the 9th Region finals vs Holmes at the Bank of Kentucky Center on NKU's campus, there were probably 350 - 400 boys (out of an enrollment of 570) dressed head to toe in all blue.
The Colonel Crazies- should be a treat.

ARGUABLY?!

:ChairHit:

It's EASILY the best in the state and maybe the best in the entire nation!!

They make the games awesome to come to!!

I think they were even on ESPN in '06!
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
He's scared, he's shakin', he aien't gonna make it.

CovCath's opponents shot under 40% from the free throw line. That cheer is outrageous. Not saying that that is the only reason, but it is extremely loud, and if you miss, may God have mercy on your soul b/c they're bringing it.
Oh referee
Call what you see
And if you don't see it
Don't call it on me!!!!
30 going on 40 Wrote:

That's really good...the only one that comes close is Madison Central's student section.
Yes I have to agree in the 15th the students just don't come out to games anymore and this has just took effect in the past 6 or 7 years.....i remember back in 2004 when Pike Central student section broke the genius book of world records for most body's painted at a sporting event I think like 200 some student painted from head to toe in orange against Pikeville...I just wonder what teenagers do for fun these days
FarristownFlyer Wrote:That's really good...the only one that comes close is Madison Central's student section.

They are going to be at Rupp. There were a lot of fun a few years ago.
The silent cheer was the best ever. Hard to match the testosterone level of Cov Cath