Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
West Carter 20 Morgan co. 16
I was at the game and I'll try to give you a summary of how it went down.

West Carter comming off a 61-26 win over Powell county last week visited Morgan county on the road. Morgan drove down inside their own 20 yard line on their first 3 possessions but fumbled on all 3 spotting West Carter a 20-0 lead in the first quarter. Morgan's D stepped up shutting West Carter down in the 2nd quarter trailing 20-6 with 17 seconds left in the half. West Carter tried the hail mary but was intercepted by Morgan and nearly returned for a touchdown.
Morgan came out at the start of the 3rd and drove the ball straight down the field and scored making it a 20-16 West Carter lead. Morgan's D shut West Carter's offense down the entire second half. Morgan had the ball late in the 4th and drove 70 yards down the field to their own 19 easily but fumbled on 1st and 10 turning the ball back over to West Carter with 50 seconds in the game.
West hung on for the win 20-16 over Morgan county. Morgan returned 4 starters back on offense tonight and are looking for a return of starting fullback Young next week. Great game tonight, Congrats West Carter.
Morgan had 6 fumbles in the game. It was a mudhole. I was impressed with Morgan because alot of teams would have folded being down 20-0 in the 1st,But the cougars whipped them physically for the next 3 quarters shutting the West Carter offense down completely. West and Morgan was a battle of equals and West Carter capitalized on the fumbles. Alot of people thought the 61-26 win over Powell made West Carter a big favorite tonight but Morgan is just as good as West I saw it with my own eyes. Take away the fumbles and Morgan wins by 3 touchdowns imo. Morgan is just now getting some of their injuried kids back and if your looking as Morgan as an easy win you better think again on this one. A healthy Morgan is a dangerous Morgan and they proved it tonight as a fumble on their own 19 cost them the game with less than a minute to go.
Congrats WC
Congratulations to the Comets, and next week you get behind door number 1 the Red Devils of Russell! Both teams now can control their own destiny into the playoffs! I believe the Comets will make the playoofs this season I believe that they are 3-0 in the district!
Sounds like Morgan just handed West the game on a silver platter?? 6 fumbles will usually cost any team a win. But with the festival taking place and the tough attitude of Morgan, I would have been disappointed with anything less than a great effort by Morgan. Sounds like they came through on that expectation. Good luck the rest of the year.
Morgan will improve
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Devilologist Wrote:Morgan will improve

Yes Devilologist they will. Congrats West Carter on the win
congrats WC
Congrats to West Carter!!
Congrats West carter
Way To Go West Carter
congrats WC