Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4A East vs West
Let me preface this by saying I mean NO disrespect to anyone or any team, but...

Prior to Warren East's 58-7 loss to Collins, they defeated their three playoff opponents, from the west, by an average score of 35-8.

Prior to Collin's 47-0 loss to Highlands, they defeated their four playoff opponents, from the west, by an average score of 50-20.

There seems to be little doubt that Warren East and Collins (and maybe Western) are the cream of the crop in the west.

In my humble opinion, there are SIX teams from the east that could have taken home the gold from Bowling Green, had they faced Collins.

(alphabetical order)
Ashland
Boyle Co
CovCath
Highlands
Johnson Central
Russell County

Why the big difference???
Blau Vogel Wrote:Let me preface this by saying I mean NO disrespect to anyone or any team, but...

Prior to Warren East's 58-7 loss to Collins, they defeated their three playoff opponents, from the west, by an average score of 35-8.

Prior to Collin's 47-0 loss to Highlands, they defeated their four playoff opponents, from the west, by an average score of 50-20.

There seems to be little doubt that Warren East and Collins (and maybe Western) are the cream of the crop in the west.

In my humble opinion, there are SIX teams from the east that could have taken home the gold from Bowling Green, had they faced Collins.

(alphabetical order)
Ashland
Boyle Co
CovCath
Highlands
Johnson Central
Russell County

Why the big difference???
7 teams you forgot Lex Cath. Holmes was probably better 2
Dont have an answer but everyone is chasing FTH!!!
It's not even close. The East is a beast in 4A. I think it's just the opposite in 5A. We will know after today if 5A is changing.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:7 teams you forgot Lex Cath. Holmes was probably better 2

You are correct sir! I apologize, I had LexCath in there, but must have inadvertently cut them out when I was putting them in in alpha order...

Holmes and Collins would probably be a toss up game...Let's say 7 1/2.
I'm not sure why there is so much of a difference between the east and the west. Western has TONS of athletes. They have a lot of size and speed, but they seem to be lacking discipline and good coaching. I think the same can be said for teams like Doss and Fairdale. They have the athletes, they just can't seem to put it together. There is also a lack of support from fans. Teams like Western, Doss, Fairdale, Moore, etc. have very small crowds at all of their games. When Collins played at Western for the regional championship the bleachers were almost empty.

I can tell you that Collins is trying to bridge that gap between the east and the west. Coach Lucas is doing an excellent job building a program at Collins that is striving to get on the same level as the elite in 4A.
Congratulations to the Collins Titans for being KY 4A state runner-up! Last night the 3-year young school lost to excellent Highlands football program that to my understanding has the all-time most wins of any high school in the USA and currently has more state titles 22 than any other KY team. Highlands was bigger, stronger, faster, was impressed with their receivers and their speedy running back who happened to be the son of a '87 Shelby Cty KY State Champion honored at halftime. They outnumbered us 122 to 54, they rotated fresh guys every play, we played many both ways. I think they are one of the smaller schools in 4A but have so many more players than most teams. I am very curious of Coach Dale's recipe for success in building such a strong program with so many players who - they do not lose anything substituting. Our guys never gave up, kept playing hard even they they were worn out. Thankfully there were no major injuries, but definitely some guys get banged up. We are very proud of our team and plan to come back even stronger next year! We all had a great time/day despite the loss and my son had wonderful experience getting to play in a state championship game! Thank you God for the simple pleasures in life. Go Titans!
SimpTitan Wrote:Congratulations to the Collins Titans for being KY 4A state runner-up! Last night the 3-year young school lost to excellent Highlands football program that to my understanding has the all-time most wins of any high school in the USA and currently has more state titles 22 than any other KY team. Highlands was bigger, stronger, faster, was impressed with their receivers and their speedy running back who happened to be the son of a '87 Shelby Cty KY State Champion honored at halftime. They outnumbered us 122 to 54, they rotated fresh guys every play, we played many both ways. I think they are one of the smaller schools in 4A but have so many more players than most teams. I am very curious of Coach Dale's recipe for success in building such a strong program with so many players who - they do not lose anything substituting. Our guys never gave up, kept playing hard even they they were worn out. Thankfully there were no major injuries, but definitely some guys get banged up. We are very proud of our team and plan to come back even stronger next year! We all had a great time/day despite the loss and my son had wonderful experience getting to play in a state championship game! Thank you God for the simple pleasures in life. Go Titans!

Great post! Coach Lucas and the Collins community are clearly doing it right. If I am not mistaken, the only offensive senior on your team is the center. That spells trouble for next year's opponents.

The Fort Thomas Junior Football League, plays a huge role in the early development of players.
Blau Vogel Wrote:Great post! Coach Lucas and the Collins community are clearly doing it right. If I am not mistaken, the only offensive senior on your team is the center. That spells trouble for next year's opponents.

The Fort Thomas Junior Football League, plays a huge role in the early development of players.

RB Logan Bailey is a senior as well but I believe that is it. Collins is mostly juniors and even had a freshman starting on the offensive line. They should be very good next year.

I don't know much about it but Shelbyville seems to have a good youth football league and Collins has a great feeder school in Shelby West.
blue1424 Wrote:RB Logan Bailey is a senior as well but I believe that is it. Collins is mostly juniors and even had a freshman starting on the offensive line. They should be very good next year.

I don't know much about it but Shelbyville seems to have a good youth football league and Collins has a great feeder school in Shelby West.

Most feeder schools have A middle school team that plays a competative schedule against other schools. This tends to develop the FEW kids that are starters on these teams. In Fort Thomas, there are 4-5 teams made up of 20-25 kids that play against each other. ALL players get substantial playing time. This system generates sizable numbers of players going into their freshman year. Highlands usually has 40-50 on the frosh roster.

Check out the rules of the league on their website.
Blau Vogel, correct me if I am wrong but they also use a simplified version of the offense and defense used by the varsity team as well.
Frozenbird Wrote:Blau Vogel, correct me if I am wrong but they also use a simplified version of the offense and defense used by the varsity team as well.

They do indeed.