Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magoffin County 2012
Any thoughts?
thoughts are that they gotta a young team, that needs to get focused and prepared for the task at hand, beacuse in four months its on like donkey kong
How's the lifting going?
Good luck in 2012
The latest storms destroyed their football building and their bleachers are missing from what I hear.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
I've always wondered how Chester would fare as a head coach, at a school that takes football a little more seriously.
3 Kris Burton Off: WR, Def: DB So.
1 Matt Patton Off: QB,Def: DB, So.

Both of these guys had speed last year.

15 Caleb Hall Off: WR,Def: DB, Jr.
27 Clay Elam Off: RB,Def: LB, So
71 Robert Gibson Off: RB, Def: LB Jr.
69 Jonathan Green Off: OL,Def: DL, Jr.
77 Ben Cain Off: OL, Def: DL Jr.
75 Dennis Bays Off: OL, Def: DL So
5 Dylan Blanton Off: OL, Def: DL So
36 James Salyer Off: WR, Def: DB So
40 Randell Slone Off: WR,Def: DB, So
54 William Joseph Off: OL,Def: DL, Jr.

44 Austin Whitaker Off: WR, Def: LB Jr. - If they get this guy back, Magoffin could be pretty good. Patton and Burton both have good speed. #15 Hall looked good at qb last season. From the roster, looks like Magoffin only lost 4 seniors. They pretty much return their entire team.
yea magoffin co. lost every thing, bleachers, field house, weight room, all equipment, everything
magic man Wrote:yea magoffin co. lost every thing, bleachers, field house, weight room, all equipment, everything

I hope they have good insurance. All that will cost a lot of money. Best of luck to them.
How bad was the damage?
I know it's a little late on this, but I would just like to say a few things. Caleb Hall is no longer the starting QB, he's been moved to WR and Ryan Jenkins a 6'4, 175 pound sophomore has taken the starting QB position. He has a great arm and great decision making, Caleb is a much better receiver than he his QB and will be the primary target for Ryan. From watching the scrimmages Magoffin had this year they're offense is pretty good and very exciting to watch. Also Ryan is a dual threat QB with a lot of speed and the ability to break tackles. Magoffin as the ability to play with and beat a lot of the teams on their schedule, it just comes down to how well they can execute with them being a young team but for the most part I think they'll be fine this season.
learned today that temporary bleachers, scorer's box, locker/weight room have been placed at the Magoffin County field. they have come a long way since the tornado.
Yes, everything has been temporarily replaced now. Our community has come a long way and really pulled together since the tornado.