Poll: Pre-Christmas MVP
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Doran Lamb
19.05%
Terrence Jones
0%
Anthony Davis
28.57%
Marquis Teague
0%
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
38.10%
Darius Miller
14.29%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky Pre-Christmas POY
Who has been the best player on the Cats up to this point in the season:

Choices:

Doran Lamb
Terrence Jones
Anthony Davis
Marquis Teague
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
Darius Miller
[Image: http://media.kentucky.com/smedia/2011/12...uSt.79.jpg]

Doran Lamb: 16 PPG, 4 REB, 3 ASST, 50% 3PT%

Terrence Jones: 12 PPG, 6 REB, 1 ASST, 22 BLK

Anthony Davis: 11 PPG, 10 REB, 1 ASST, 50 BLK
[Image: http://media.kentucky.com/smedia/2011/12...uSt.79.JPG]

Marquis Teague: 10 PPG, 2 REB, 5 ASST, 18 STL

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist: 13 PPG, 7 REB, 2 ASST, 14 BLK

Darius Miller: 10 PPG, 3 REB, 3 ASST, 12 STL
Isn't it Anthony Davis?
lol
^ Oops
Daron Lamb.

But my gosh, Anthony Davis has 50 blocks? Wow!!!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Spud6 Wrote:Daron Lamb.

But my gosh, Anthony Davis has 50 blocks? Wow!!!

Frosh record belongs to Cousins who finished his Frosh season with 67. The career record is 83 in a single season by Melvin Turpin and Andre Ricckick. We are not even halfway through the season, I think Davis finishes with 100+
MKG by far
Kidd-Gilchrist.

Energy, Toughness & Defense

Love him.
Kind of a 3-way tie. Lamb's scoring is irreplaceable as is Davis' defense and MKG's hustle/heart.
Can you take any of those 6 guys out and UK still play at the level that gets them to a Final Four?

Teague can be replaced. Lamb does a credible enough job at the point and it does not take away his offense and he distributes the ball good enough that he does not have to be relied on to drive the middle.

Jones can be replaced. Miller showed me defense, rebounding and a never quit attitude that sometimes lacks on the floor. Gilchrist would do fine offensively in the four.

MKG can be replaced. Miller is defintely not the player that MKG is, but if MKG went down, Miller would be able to step into his spot and Bekham and Gilchrist could be the roll players.

So to me, it comes down to Davis and Lamb.

Davis is such a presence inside that he makes scoring around the basket a challenge for any team that UK would face. He is the player that I always wanted Patterson to be, that dominant "lob receiving dunk machine"! He has no offense, and only stands around the box on offense, but he gets rebounds that no one other than Jones can get. But, I do think that the Cats could slide Jones into the five and be credible enough to not have to rely on Vargas to start.

Lamb is hands down, the leader of this team! He is an assassin! His game has gone to a new level. The Cats could not survive the season without him. His three point shooting, his ability to run off screens and his self confidence is something that no other Cat on this team has. He is my MVP
MKG for me.
Kidd-Gilchrist has been so important with his heart/hustle on both ends of the court. I have to give him the pre-Christmas MVP.
FoOtBaLl FrEaK 8-0 Wrote:Kind of a 3-way tie. Lamb's scoring is irreplaceable as is Davis' defense and MKG's hustle/heart.

^This I agree with.

If I had to pick one player as the MVP, not the M.O.P. (To me they are different):
Notice that Davis was in bad foul trouble in the IU game, and UK lost. To me, if he stays out of foul trouble, they win.

If I had to pick the M.O.P, it would be MK-G because he ALWAYS shows up.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Either Lamb or Miller.
I think Kidd-Gilchrist has been HUGE for the Wildcats so far. He brings a lot of hustle and determination on every play on offense and defense, and he is always making the big plays. Against Indiana I don't think we would have been in that game had it not been for his consistent scoring and rebounding to stall the Hoosiers. In addition, his defensive presence is tremendous. I would place him as one of the top defensive players in the country at his position, regardless of class.
Stardust Wrote:Can you take any of those 6 guys out and UK still play at the level that gets them to a Final Four?
Teague can be replaced. Lamb does a credible enough job at the point and it does not take away his offense and he distributes the ball good enough that he does not have to be relied on to drive the middle.

Jones can be replaced. Miller showed me defense, rebounding and a never quit attitude that sometimes lacks on the floor. Gilchrist would do fine offensively in the four.

MKG can be replaced. Miller is defintely not the player that MKG is, but if MKG went down, Miller would be able to step into his spot and Bekham and Gilchrist could be the roll players.

So to me, it comes down to Davis and Lamb.

Davis is such a presence inside that he makes scoring around the basket a challenge for any team that UK would face. He is the player that I always wanted Patterson to be, that dominant "lob receiving dunk machine"! He has no offense, and only stands around the box on offense, but he gets rebounds that no one other than Jones can get. But, I do think that the Cats could slide Jones into the five and be credible enough to not have to rely on Vargas to start.

Lamb is hands down, the leader of this team! He is an assassin! His game has gone to a new level. The Cats could not survive the season without him. His three point shooting, his ability to run off screens and his self confidence is something that no other Cat on this team has. He is my MVP

Sadly, i dont think so.
Every player is to important.
I'm predicting during that conference play, Teague will be the most valuable player. He's already made great strides so far, from the first few games, and will IMO live up to the hype coming out of High School.
Deron Lamb.
It's Miller to this point. He won't be at the end of the year, bu then he'll
be the unssung hero of the year. But to this point, without Miller we don't
beat Kansas and we don't beat UNC. But overall you have to love howw
there are so many parts with so great a value to this team.