Poll: Who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Owen County
83.33%
Ludlow
16.67%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ludlow at Owen County 10/28
Who wins and why?
Owen County wins to go undefeated during the regular season.
Owen County by at least 4 touchdowns. I think the Rebels will have their 2nd shutout of the season.
Owen co. after all they are playing one of the weakest schedules I have ever seen.
Fan in Frankfort Wrote:Owen co. after all they are playing one of the weakest schedules I have ever seen.

They've had like two winning seasons in the last 31 years. Who should they have scheduled? Did everyone look at their schedule before the season, see teams like Lloyd, Bourbon Co, Bellevue, and Carroll Co and think "what an easy schedule!!" I dont think so. Plus, in my opinion, one reason they havent had much success in that time frame was due to OVER-scheduling.

And, after being in district over that time frame with the likes of Beechwood, Newport Central Catholic, Boyle Co, Mercer Co, Lexington Catholic, Louisville Holy Cross, DeSales, CAL, and Danville to name a few, they owe no one an apology for the current district realignment.
Owen County big.
Ludlow in an upset..Chris Yates to have a big night for the Panthers.
If Owen plays the way they are capable of playing they should win this one by a couple TDs. If they play the way they did against Gallatin Co then put Owen on upset alert. Ludlow is not a team that Owen can take for granted.
Owen Co.
Fan in Frankfort Wrote:Owen co. after all they are playing one of the weakest schedules I have ever seen.

So far the combined record of Owen's opponents is 47-47. So right at .500. Five of the teams they have played thus far have a .500 record or better, and these same 5 teams can finish the season with no worse than a .500 record (WH has already finished their regular season at .500). Owen's schedule may not be the strongest in the state but by looking at this it seems to be at least a balanced schedule.
Back to the original question:

Owen Co wins (not an outlandish margin, however...something like 26-7) to finish regular season 10-0.
The_OC Wrote:They've had like two winning seasons in the last 31 years. Who should they have scheduled? Did everyone look at their schedule before the season, see teams like Lloyd, Bourbon Co, Bellevue, and Carroll Co and think "what an easy schedule!!" I dont think so. Plus, in my opinion, one reason they havent had much success in that time frame was due to OVER-scheduling.

And, after being in district over that time frame with the likes of Beechwood, Newport Central Catholic, Boyle Co, Mercer Co, Lexington Catholic, Louisville Holy Cross, DeSales, CAL, and Danville to name a few, they owe no one an apology for the current district realignment.

Amen.
Common Opponents
Owen County Ludlow
38 - 12 Bellevue 0 - 40
33 - 7 Carroll County 18 - 27
33 - 0 Gallatin County 12 - 39
------- -------
104 - 19 30 - 106
margin
85 -76

MY projection based on FREEMAN computer ratings
Rating State Rank Class Rank Team Name
18.6 51 5 Owen County
-29.4 195 19 Ludlow
Point spread Owen County by 48
Owen County Probability of Victory 98.8120182

Face it Owen County is having a great year (#5 in 2A, 9-0)
using the same data I project Owen by 35 over Gallatin Co
so it's not that far off

The schedule is what it is but they could probably use a better challenge
to tune up for playoffs. Before long they will be better tested.
For now they have eclipsed former district rivals DeSales and CAL in ratings
It also has them ranked slighly ahead of Holy Cross who has played a tougher
schedule thus far. I suspect they will host them in 3 weeks and we will

Give credit to Ludlow...a very small school for putting a competive on field with such a small student population to draw from.
have a great game on our hands
BigZig75 Wrote:Ludlow in an upset..Chris Yates to have a big night for the Panthers.

I just can't help myself..I will always be a Ludlow homer..
BigZig75 Wrote:I just can't help myself..I will always be a Ludlow homer..
Owen by 30 something like 42-12
bump
whats bump mean???
Owen Co
For all of the the haters on this site that think owen hasent played anyone, you need to stop and face that they are just having a great time and WILL make some noise in the playoffs
:haters:
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah