Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southwestern 49, Pulaski County 25
The Warriors snap their four-game losing streak to the Maroons with a 24-point victory tonight at PC Field.

SW RB Dustin Powell finished with 285 rushing yards and 3 TDs. Powell also had 1 catch for 47 yards and a TD.
I have to say I am very pleased with how the Warriors have reacted to this season in spite of the current situation. That's the way to not let adversity get the best of you and keep focused on the task, congrats Warriors!
Congrats Southwestern
Here is the game story...

http://somerset-kentucky.com/localsports...aski-49-25
Congrats Warriors on overcoming a lot of adversity to win the district. After watching them against Boone County and in the Correll Bowl I thought that they would be lucky to win 4 games this season. Great turnaround by the players and Coach Stephens.
Very disappointing season by the Maroons who are now looking at finishing 3-8 unless they pull off some big upsets. From watching the highlights it looks like their defense played as soft as it has all season. It also looked like Coach Hines use of the jumbo formation or whatever they call it came back to bite him in the butt a couple of times. Johnny has always liked to have some kind of gimmick play or formation to try and look smarter than the other coach. While the hook and lateral play did go for a touchdown the 2 failures, including a fumble returned for a touchdown, when using an offensive lineman in the backfield were crucial. He got a little too cute for his own good. You have 3 good runningbacks and a quarterback that can run--no reason to put it in the hands of someone who is not a ballcarrier.