Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 Middlesboro Yellowjackets
What's coach Frazier got coming up this season? I've not heard alot about Middlesboro and would like to get the low down on them and how they will matchup with the Harlan Green Dragons. If You've got it, let's have it.
They lost 18 seniors, about 9 that played. Will be very young. They have one of the best, if not the best QB in the mountains, good recievers coming back. May score points, but will be very young on def. They played the toughest 2A schedule in the state last year, hopefully that has been fixed. They are now in the toughest 2A district in the state......Danville, Somerset and LCA. They are still a year or two away from being very good.
Sounds a whole lot like the Dragons last season. 14 sophomores,4 seniors, 5 juniors. With Middlesboro's pass game like that and Harlan's pass game it could be a very exciting game to watch. For a young group last season, the Dragons held their opponents to 1001 yds passing through 12 games or 83.4 yds per game. Not bad for what I refered to as a glorified jv team. I hope they can improve on that this year. I'll be anxious to see how they respond to the Jackets passing game. I used to live down there next door to the Poindexter kid that played backup WR and QB last season for the yellowjackets. I'm looking forward to seeing him play this season. 2 years ago I watched Harlan county's freshman team play down there and I was empressed with middlesboro's freshman team. They should be juniors now and ought to be enough to build a pretty good team around. I'm certainly looking forward to the Harlan game down there this year.
I really like our offense and defense will be kind of iffy early on but over all i think we can play with the other teams in our district and who knows maybe win a couple.
Intimidator Wrote:I really like our offense and defense will be kind of iffy early on but over all i think we can play with the other teams in our district and who knows maybe win a couple.

Someone post a schedule
middlesboro will have a very good season. they have a hard district but they should in all of their non district games
They do play Bell, right?
Middlesboro will be solid. The schedule is better than last year. They are in a tough district and will play Bell too. Their line will be the big question mark. They do return some good skill people. They really need a good running back to keep defenses from keying on the pass only. Hopefully the senior leadership will be better this year. Overall I think they will be better. Probably a 6-4 season. I did hear the players are working harder in the weight room than in years past. Should be an interesting year. Great group of Freshman coming in (several holdbacks). Hopefully the administration will continue to work with the football program.
If the school supports Frazier and the kids buy in, Middlesboro will see great results.
The problem will be the kids will not work in the weightroom the way they need to. Frazier may be a big weightroom person, but those kids are not. They have not work in the weightroom in 10 years. They have played on ability. I hear about great young kids coming...they will not do what it takes to make it to the top. No work ethic outside the season.
Maybe you should take a trip over there and check on them.
WhyLie, That makes no sense. Why would the eight graders not work hard because they did not work hard the past ten years. I know for a fact the team is working hard right now. That will filter down to the young kids. What could hurt them is I hear the head principal is against in school weightlifting, but gave in because of pressure form someone close to her. I heard this person is leaving the school and that could hurt the chances of keeping in school weightlifting. Hopefully, I am wrong because that would be a killer for our program.
I hope you are wrong about that Watcher. Middlesboro needs to be lifting to keep up with the other schools. Kids won't,for the most part,involve themselves in a proper lifting regiment if left to themselves. Thats not every kid,but most. From what I hear the Jackets are lifting hard right now and they need to keep it up. I'm sure that coach Frazier will do everything in his power to see that it does. I wouldn't think that he would stay very long in any place that would not support the program. But thats just my opinion.
Chase Roark does he stay or does he go? whats your opinion? As long as his dad's thread has been up in the top 5 most recently posted I can't believe no one has been here and asked that question. What do you think?
Aug 20, 11 @ Bourbon County 7:30 pm

Sep 9, 11 Harlan home 7:30 PM
Sep 16, 11 Jackson County away 7:30 PM
Oct 7, 11 Lexington Christian home 7:30 PM
Oct 28, 11 Lynn Camp home 7:30 PM
The people of Clay County hope Daddy brings his son.
is there any good 8th graders coming up for middlesboro?