Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Casey Co. 59 Lincoln Co. 53 (12th Region 1st round)
Casey Co. defeated Lincoln Co. in the first round of the 12th Region Tournament at Pulaski Co. tonight by a score of 59-53

one of Casey's starters Nicole Coffman got injured (knee) with 34 seconds on the game clock. So Southwestern Pulaski has a real good chance to knock off Casey in the semis if they can win their opener.

Congrats to the Lady Rebels for moving to the semi-finals of the Region.
I hope Nicole is okay. Good win for Casey County and Coach Salyers.
Fox 18 & Harris 12 points for Lincoln

Pittman 21 & Coffman 16 points for Casey

Coffman did walk into the locker room under her own power after the game.
HoopsGuru Wrote:Fox 18 & Harris 12 points for Lincoln

Pittman 21 & Coffman 16 points for Casey

Coffman did walk into the locker room under her own power after the game.

That is a good sign. When will their game against the winner of the Southwestern-Burgin game be?
LWC Wrote:That is a good sign. When will their game against the winner of the Southwestern-Burgin game be?

Friday night I think. The boys first round Wednesday & Thursday in the 12th
Nicole said she will have a MRI tomorrow. she said she is still in pain. hope its nothing major and shes back friday.
Thanks for the update.
Nicole coffman tore her ACL. I really hate to see her last high school game end that way. she is a great ball player and person.
Sure do hate to hear that about Nicole, praying for a speedy recovery. Nicole had really stepped up her game this year to become one of the better players in the 12th region and the state.
I can't understand all of these torn ACL/MCL problems these kids have these days. It just didn't happen when I went to school (the old days, 80's). A kid might have a strain/sprain and even have to get fluid removed from a knee. But I was in physical therapy yesterday and there was a girl there from Jackson County riding a stationary bike who had knee problems and a girl on the eliptical machine from Madison Southern who hurt her knee playing soccer in the fall. The PT assistant has a cousin who plays basketball for Garrard County who tore her ACL this last season as well. Why so much trouble with MCL/ACL injuries now? At Rockcastle, a football player tore his ACL by jumping up to block a punt. Another football player tore both his ACL and MCL while playing basketball two years ago and I've seen at least three girls on crutches the past two years who had surgery for ACL/MCL problems.
papagrit Wrote:I can't understand all of these torn ACL/MCL problems these kids have these days. It just didn't happen when I went to school (the old days, 80's). A kid might have a strain/sprain and even have to get fluid removed from a knee. But I was in physical therapy yesterday and there was a girl there from Jackson County riding a stationary bike who had knee problems and a girl on the eliptical machine from Madison Southern who hurt her knee playing soccer in the fall. The PT assistant has a cousin who plays basketball for Garrard County who tore her ACL this last season as well. Why so much trouble with MCL/ACL injuries now? At Rockcastle, a football player tore his ACL by jumping up to block a punt. Another football player tore both his ACL and MCL while playing basketball two years ago and I've seen at least three girls on crutches the past two years who had surgery for ACL/MCL problems.

I know NOTHING about medical issues. My guess would be not properly warming up. ACL and MCL are both ligaments and they needed to be properly stretched before athletic events. I know that coaches emphasize warming up, but I really don't know why there are so many.
I do know that UK sports medicine will go to any school to work with coaches and players to teach the athletes proper stretches and drills and things to attempt to prevent these injuries. I guess it just depends on who wants the assistance of UK or not. ACL/MCL tears are to me are like "where on earth did AAA and ADHD come from?" Im not even that old either!!