Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wall, Cousins, Orton, and Bledsoe officially declaring for NBA Draft
Steve Kuberski Wrote:The Cats will be fine next year. It hurts a little more now, knowing that the Cats had 5 first-round NBA picks (2 being lottery choices), and the Final 4 wasn't attained. Cal will get the recruits.

Agreed. They will be fine. Bring in Poole and Kanter alone is a big time pick up and then throw in a leaning Knight, Leslie and Lamb and you have a stellar class build for a little more than one year.
I think the cats have more than 2 lottery picks?? right? Oh and i wasnt saying the cats would have a horrible season and go tot he NIT but they certainly will not have the talent they had this season...and that is a good thing! They may keep a player for 2 years lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
theVILLE Wrote:I think the cats have more than 2 lottery picks?? right? Oh and i wasnt saying the cats would have a horrible season and go tot he NIT but they certainly will not have the talent they had this season...and that is a good thing! They may keep a player for 2 years lol

Yea :biggrin: I mean it is going to be a more spread out class, and will alway for Cal to have a solid foundation for years to come, with bringing in 1 or 2 4 stars that is how you can keep the strong players to stay but he will still be able to get the one and doners.
theVILLE Wrote:im not really shocked they didnt go to the final 4! Sure they had the most talent as anyone did! But it takes experience to go beyond the elite 8! Yes i said the at all season long! Look at the final four teams! Theyhad several Juniors and seniors! I mean UK's top 9 or 10 players had never played in the NCAA tourney

:Thumbs:Your right.
Next season the worse that they'll finish in the sec is 3rd. But I guarentee that they never leave the top 25.
Uk will comeout ranked and fall a little but they will finish with a good record alon the sweet 16 or elite 8 think...Im like expierence getting past the elite 8 though and they still lack that
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
theVILLE Wrote:Uk will comeout ranked and fall a little but they will finish with a good record alon the sweet 16 or elite 8 think...Im like expierence getting past the elite 8 though and they still lack that

I say a sweet 16 run and SEC reg championship next year. Maybe not the tourney championship but should set their self up for a 2 or 3 seed.
Overrated Wrote:5 First round draft picks and....I'll just stop at that :eyeroll:

What I've been saying this entire time :Thumbs:
zaga_fan Wrote:Cal can definitely bring in talent.
But one thing he has never really did is build a team with acquired chemistry.
He brings in these lottery picks that are one and done and he's never won a championship. He's gotten close several times but his teams always crack under pressure and lose games that they should win.
He has been to the final four twice but neither of them are recognized by NCAA records because of recruiting violations and ineligible players.
I just hope he brings in some kids that want to play ball and maybe get a degree while they're at it so if we have some freshmen choke next year we'll have something to build on.

Good post.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I say a sweet 16 run and SEC reg championship next year. Maybe not the tourney championship but should set their self up for a 2 or 3 seed.

:Thumbs:
Coach Cal is the best at getting the one-and-done hired guns. UK will be in Final Four in the next two or three years.